UConn vs So Carolina game thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn vs So Carolina game thread

Reaction Score
Imagine trying to sink a putt in golf. Are you really going to have an easier time if the ball were 20% smaller?

yes - anyone who has shot with both balls can tell you shifting with girls ball is easier to shoot.

Reaction Score
I'm okay with Z having 2 fouls and having to sit. That's what we parents call "natural consequences.". Geno doesn't have to yell at her for her defense, because the refs have already punished her. OTOH, some people are just better at defense than others, and Z can/will improve only so much.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
UConn starts out throwing away points.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The South Carolina action to initiate the offense has accomplished nothing. SC better off going with quick action.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It looks like it's going to be more of the same for UConn in the second half. Kia nurse just had that swag look on her face like we got this.
That's what Geno is looking for: Kids with the "we got this" look. Just like Stewie, Mo, and Tuck.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm not gonna try to read 10 pages to catch up. South Carolina seems to bring out the best in Gabby. Outside of Wilson (and even she struggled in the 2nd quarter), it looks like South Carolina just doesn't have the players to be able to compete w/ UConn. Katie Lou and Nurse are having themselves a ball game as well.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Hey, Great news everybody. The fat lady just walked in, and she's smiling. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Screenshot (1).png

Reaction Score
They are not going to be replacing rims every game from men to women and visa versa. Yes women have advantage of smaller ball and if they were going to make things equal than the easier thing to do is play with the same ball. That said, they don't play each other so no reason to make it the same.

True.. Not trying to take anything away from them. Just a thought that popped into my head and was wondering if I was overthinking myself or if it made sense. For some reason it made me think of a sports science episode or something and comparing the men's and women's game.

I don't think they'd swap rims in and out as much as just have a second set of hoops that go in and out.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm not gonna try to read 10 pages to catch up. South Carolina seems to bring out the best in Gabby. Outside of Wilson (and even she struggled in the 2nd quarter), it looks like South Carolina just doesn't have the players to be able to compete w/ UConn. Katie Lou and Nurse and having themselves a ball game as well.
you don't have to read 10 pages of comments all you need to know is the fat lady is in the building and she's clearing her throat

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I'm not gonna try to read 10 pages to catch up. South Carolina seems to bring out the best in Gabby. Outside of Wilson (and even she struggled in the 2nd quarter), it looks like South Carolina just doesn't have the players to be able to compete w/ UConn. Katie Lou and Nurse and having themselves a ball game as well.

No they don't ,you can see why Dawn wanted to add Cooper to the mix so badly. They really do need a player like that.
Wilson can't carry the entire load against the really good teams.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
OMG!! LAZY D by SC. Kia alone for the 3. They really look checked out.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So I turn on the Tenn/TA&M game and in the huddle with TA&M down by 6 Carter is shouting back at her coach. Mmmmmmm. I wonder if she was ever UConn material.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
No they don't ,you can see why Dawn wanted to add Cooper to the mix so badly. They really do need a player like that.
Wilson can't carry the entire load against the really good teams.

I don't think Cooper would've helped much tonight.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Stuck at work and glimpsing at game, or rout.
Points in the paint is off tonight.
Uconn is on.

Reaction Score
Wow, not viewing the game for the first half, just monitoring the score. For all the talk about how weak the AAC is, UCF, USF and E. Carolina gave us tougher games. Maybe Dawn needs to utilize the “wall of managers”!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not gonna try to read 10 pages to catch up. South Carolina seems to bring out the best in Gabby. Outside of Wilson (and even she struggled in the 2nd quarter), it looks like South Carolina just doesn't have the players to be able to compete w/ UConn. Katie Lou and Nurse are having themselves a ball game as well.
Tired, slow, and demoralized.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom