UConn VS Duke Analysis, Anyone? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn VS Duke Analysis, Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
My wife and I went to a restaurant yesterday. The Duke grad waiting at our table pointed at the TV screen where the Georgia game was winding up and said, "We are serving notice today.".

And after serving you notice yesterday, will your Duke grad eat crow on Saturday?

Reaction Score
Interesting stats from last game against Duke....Z had 3 rebounds in 30 minutes. What are the chances that if Geno was coaching her at Duke that she would have had 3 rebounds? Zero , Nada, Nil

The three starting guards for Duke shot a combined 1 for 14 scoring 9 points and committing 13 TOs. Of course Kia Nurse was a big factor in that performance and she outscored them all with 11 points and committed but 1 TO.

For a Sweet 16 game, this should be relatively uncompetitive.

Reaction Score
For some reason, I am worried about this game. Our kids lost in last year’s tourney to a team that never should have been with ten points of the Huskies.

from this game on we should all be a bit wary as the competition gets progressively better................I'm confident Geno will not allow any of the players to underestimate Duke which would be the surest route to an upset

Reaction Score
At the present time, Uconn is a 23.5 point favorite over Duke.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Normally, when I tune in to see Duke, they seem to under-perform but I did catch their 79-66 game against FSU and Lexi Brown just had a monumental game, especially on the defensive end. She is a true ball hawk and gets into the passing lanes really well and Crystal will need to be on top of her game to deal with that. Greenwell never seems to have an impressive game when I watch so I do not see nearly enough weapons to give us a scare. NC State knocked them out of the ACC tournament 51-45 (enough said) 20+ pt win.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
For some reason, I am worried about this game. Our kids lost in last year’s tourney to a team that never should have been with ten points of the Huskies.

That's usually my job...worried about this game...but I just don't see it.
Perhaps, maybe...Ms Lexi will get off to a fast start...she's a fine competitor...but, I just can't get overly concerned about this one, no matter how hard I try.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
At the present time, Uconn is a 23.5 point favorite over Duke.

It will be closer than that. I just feel it in my old arthritic bones.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
My wife and I went to a restaurant yesterday. The Duke grad waiting at our table pointed at the TV screen where the Georgia game was winding up and said, "We are serving notice today.".
ISWYDT ;)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
It will be closer than that. I just feel it in my old arthritic bones.
I have heard of "throwing the bones" for the purposes of divination, but not feeling the bones. That must be some sort of osteoarthritismancy. :)

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I have heard of "throwing the bones" for the purposes of divination, but not feeling the bones. That must be some sort of osteoarthritismancy. :)

Or just one old man’s dysfunctional wig bubble. ;)

Reaction Score
For some reason, I am worried about this game..
Worry Not.jpg

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With all due respect. This game could be over at half time. Mentally it cant be good for Duke. They have a few days which isnt good to think about UConn and what they need to do to stay in the game. UConn should be up over 25 and on cruise control by the end of the 3rd qtr. It doesnt change folks. It happens like this almost every game. UConn should win it all this year and every game should be by double figures. All this barring injuries and alot of foul trouble.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While Duke has a little bit of size, they are really a finesse team, which will not play well vs UConn.

They’ve been up and down all year, and can fall into sustained dry spells on offense, with a number of games where they’ve been held under 50 pts.

The Blue Devils have lost to UConn victims SC, Louisville & ND. They had some nice early season wins vs OSU & tOSU, but also had some questionable losses vs Nova, UNC, Miami & Cuse.

Duke should be credited for a solid win in Athens vs GA, but prior to that, they were beaten 51-45 by NC St in the ACC quarterfinals.

I have to believe the Blue Devils will wilt under UConn’s defensive pressure.

Reaction Score
I can't think of one matchup on the court that favors Duke. Starting with Kia shutting down Greenwell. Should we really go on ? This game could really get ugly.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Normally, when I tune in to see Duke, they seem to under-perform but I did catch their 79-66 game against FSU and Lexi Brown just had a monumental game, especially on the defensive end. She is a true ball hawk and gets into the passing lanes really well and Crystal will need to be on top of her game to deal with that. Greenwell never seems to have an impressive game when I watch so I do not see nearly enough weapons to give us a scare. NC State knocked them out of the ACC tournament 51-45 (enough said) 20+ pt win.

N C State may not meet your standards but they are peaking at years end nicely.

Reaction Score

You're from Duke...............don't tell me they meet your standards?.................;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I can't think of one matchup on the court that favors Duke. Starting with Kia shutting down Greenwell. Should we really go on ? This game could really get ugly.
Agreed. Kia has taken on every top backcourt scorer that UConn faced this year, including Asia Durr & Kitija Laksa, Greenwell is good, but she's not better than either one of those players.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Interesting stats from last game against Duke....Z had 3 rebounds in 30 minutes. What are the chances that if Geno was coaching her at Duke that she would have had 3 rebounds? Zero , Nada, Nil

The three starting guards for Duke shot a combined 1 for 14 scoring 9 points and committing 13 TOs. Of course Kia Nurse was a big factor in that performance and she outscored them all with 11 points and committed but 1 TO.

For a Sweet 16 game, this should be relatively uncompetitive.
Z had one rebound in 18 minutes vs. Quinnipiac. Irwin had 2 rebounds in 4 minutes.

Reaction Score
Try not to worry too much. Not now anyway. Yes UConn under performed last year against Mississipi State, but M state was a lot better team than I think most of us realized at the time. They're a lot better than Duke. UConn can beat Duke with just their B game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I did not try to belittle NC State but only point out the offensive limitations of duke. 45 pts is a poor number against any defense.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Coach P as she is so affectionately known (naw, not so much) lives and dies with the zone and will hope to rattle our 3 sharp shooters. Geno's recent admonition - essentially stop whining and try harder - tells you something about their warm and fuzzy relationship. P's point of view (maybe not really) here. Duke beats cold-shooting Georgia, to face UConn in regional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom