UConn vs. Buffalo Bulls (Saturday 9/28/24 @ Noon @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Buffalo Bulls (Saturday 9/28/24 @ Noon @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There’s an article in today’s Buffalo newspaper about Buffalo’s “trap” game against UConn. But the current spread shows UConn favored by 6.5 points. In possible “trap” situations, isn’t the team worried about being trapped the favored team?
based on scores alone I'd expect buffalo to be better... but you know being bad so long and having the popular press bagging on us so bad... on the other hand, they only bag on you if there's an expectation you should be better than you are

Reaction Score
I’m sorry if this has been covered already on this thread, but does anyone have any updates on Ben Murawski’s injury and when he may be back?

Reaction Score
Very articulate and projects a calm experienced leadership.
He speaks in simple easy to understand sentences with a subject, a verb, and sometimes an object. Calmly. No stress in his voice. A very minimum of jargon. No ah's, uh's, or other fillers between phrases. And puts his finger on the critical points will little emphasis, assuming that everyone listening is an adult, can figure it out and won't need to read between the lines. He also made clear that this next game will be a test.

Reaction Score
You go Dave…

->Lembo complimented UConn for a good portion of his 26-minute press conference, which has been rare for opposing coaches given the program’s recent history. Usually coaches will say some nice words, mention their respect for Mora, and move on.

But Saturday’s “statement,” to use Lembo’s word – Mora said after the game that it isn’t a statement until it is backed up – appears to have gone a long way for the program in terms of external respect. <-

->“It’s been an amazing tool to utilize. And (credit) goes toward the people that have made the commitment, outside of this building in particular, to helping us have a chance in the portal,” Mora said. “It’s been a huge help for us and there’s a lot of uncertainty in terms of how this thing’s gonna play out with the NCAA and some of the lawsuits, hopefully we’ll get some clarity soon. But it’s a chance to bring in veteran players who have played a lot of games, have a physical maturity to them as well as an emotional maturity, and get better quickly.” <-

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Where do you live? I have a Blue pass I’m not using this weekend if you want it.
Thanks! I appreciate it. I think we are going to try the softball lot across the street.

Reaction Score
-> UConn, a team many were ready to write off after a big loss at Maryland to start the season, seems to have righted the ship with three consecutive encouraging performances, including over 100 points scored in two wins at the Rent. The Huskies are looking to get their third win once the contest kicks off at noon on Saturday. Aman and Graham review the Huskies’ dominant FAU performance and preview the Buffalo matchup in this episode of the podcast. <-

Reaction Score

-> "The guys understand what we need to do to get better and that's always a positive," UConn coach Jim Mora said. "We have to continue to work on our passing game, certainly. We didn't throw much last week and we were still pretty effective. But we want to continue to grow every week. You take the mistakes you made in the game, fix them, and apply it going forward and hope you get better." <-

-> Linebacker Shaun Dolac entered the weekend leading the nation in tackles (62) and tackles for loss (9.5). Mora compared him to Jeff Ulbrich, who he coached when he was the defensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers. Ulbrich currently holds that position for the New York Jets. "You have to be aware where (Dolac) is, because he's a great player," Mora said. "He's a lot of fun to watch. He plays with a tremendous motor. He's smart and anticipates well. That is how they play on defense. The whole defense plays like that, but he's an amazing athlete. But you can't change things. You have to be aware of him, but you have to do what you do. You just have to anticipate that he might react faster than guys you have seen in practice or in weeks before." <-

-> A fast start could go a long way. "We want to come out the first play and set the tone for the whole defense and the whole team," UConn defensive end Jevon Banks said. "As a whole defense (against FAU) we definitely set the tone and the offense helped us, too. You set the tone by going out there first play, offense or defense, and really just punching the man across from you in the mouth letting them know it is going to be a long day and really physical." <-

Reaction Score
What is being projected for attendance tomorrow?

Any guesses what attendance will be for Temple if we win tomorrow? I’m thinking we can possibly get 30k for that one if things go right. I plan on being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom