UConn vs. Buffalo Bulls (Saturday 9/28/24 @ Noon @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Buffalo Bulls (Saturday 9/28/24 @ Noon @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mora talking about balance reminds me of Tilda Swinton in Michael Clayton.

An interesting way to look at it.

Reaction Score
Buffalo is a must win. Temple is a must win. Wake will be very tough but it's winnable if we continue to improve.

This program is fighting for its life and its reputation. We have to win every reasonably winnable game on our schedule - that's most all of our home games and a couple of our late season road games.

Reaction Score

-> The offensive line in general has played well, especially given that there’s three new starters on the inside,” head coach Jim Mora said. “They care, they’re smart, they’re very well coached, they take to coaching. Just as a whole it’s a really good group.” <-

-> “We left a lot out there,” Mora said. “We had some things even in the run game, where we had a lot of success, that just weren’t clean. If we can clean some of that stuff up, which we have to, because we’re playing a really good defense this week, really good defense, but if we can clean some of that stuff up, then we’ve got a chance to improve.” <-

Reaction Score
I don't know if these games set us up to win vs. Wake but they'll make a big difference in how we can leverage that win... We don't need a one-off wtf win in another bad season; we need a win that is (and looks like) a reflection of serious progress. Maryland notwithstanding (what an unfortunate bit of scheduling), this team looks a lot better to me. The eyes are happy. Time to get some results to match.

I think its more that if we're going to progress to beat wake then we will beat our next two opponents as a matter of being good enough to beat wake.

Reaction Score

-> This is the first meeting between Buffalo and UConn since 2013 - a game the Bulls won 41-12 at UB Stadium.

• This will be the 14th meeting between UB and UConn since the Bulls joined the FBS ranks in 1999. The Huskies have a 10-3 record over that span.

• The Bulls are looking for their first win at Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field. They are 0-4 all-time there. Their last win at UConn came in 2001 in a game played at UConn's Memorial Stadium.

• The last time UB played on grass was in the 2019 Bahamas Bowl. <-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds