UConn vs. Buffalo Bulls (Saturday 9/28/24 @ Noon @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Buffalo Bulls (Saturday 9/28/24 @ Noon @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Must wins are for fans. A true team focuses on the next opponent. Win that game, nothing more. Anyone arguing some game down the road is a must win simply never played. You can’t look ahead. Just win this game - nothing more, nothing less. The goal needs to be to go 1-0 this week.

Reaction Score
Yeah, we went with the Notre Dame Broyles winner. I remember being so pumped at red pants introductory presser. Never imagined that would be his high water mark.
Met Bob and his wife the day he was introduced in a low key setting. Very nice people, felt he oozed positivity and energy, too bad he was in over his head. Could have been a fun ride if he was “the deal”.

Reaction Score
I am going to predict we win this game.

I understand Buffalo is a good team.

Our line play is dominant and at home, I don’t see any let up in that area.

Against Maryland we let up no sacks. Only steady improvement since then.

This game will go to the trenches and at home with an impartial ref crew, I like us by 10 points.

If we win this game, it is a turning point of sorts for the program.

I like the coach from Buffalo and I actually don’t think he was “blowing smoke.” Watch the tape - it is scary the holes that our RB’s ran through.

He also understands we’ve got a chip on our shoulder about the size of Buffalo!

I agree with his assessment of the fact it’s a big game for them but maybe bigger for us. We don’t have the signature win yet.

Saturday should be a blast!

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I need parking advice for the game on Saturday.

I am meeting another car of people for the game. We used to have Blue Lot passes, but moved out of state so got rid of them. Can I buy two at this point? Anyone have a suggestion regarding parking together? Does the lot across the street still allow parking? I appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Met Bob and his wife the day he was introduced in a low key setting. Very nice people, felt he oozed positivity and energy, too bad he was in over his head. Could have been a fun ride if he was “the deal”.
He was a whacko and gave proof of it many times over.

Reaction Score

I am meeting another car of people for the game. We used to have Blue Lot passes, but moved out of state so got rid of them. Can I buy two at this point? Anyone have a suggestion regarding parking together? Does the lot across the street still allow parking? I appreciate any guidance. Thanks!
Just park across the street at the softball fields. Can meet up down the street somewhere and drive in together. I've done this with family meetups of 5+ cars where we'd meet up at Cabelas, leave and then go in together across the street.

Reaction Score
Don't want to jinx team with any score prediction.

I do predict 29,000 in the stands.
29k attendance in the stands won't happen. If we get an announced attendance of 29k, which would mean about 22-24k in the stands, that would be a great step forward. Win the next two and I will be curious what kind of crowd we can get for Wake.

Reaction Score
I really enjoyed coach lembo's presser. probably the best one i've ever watched, of an opposing coach. He knew an uncomfortably large amount about us, down to player names and playing styles.

doesn't bode well for us, IMO - they will be READY.
But based on that, IFFF we do win, I will put much more stock in this than any of the 2 prior wins.

Also - GREAT AUDIO - who would have thought you could hear reporters and the coach?! Get it together UConn AV team.

Go UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Where do you live? I have a Blue pass I’m not using this weekend if you want it.

Reaction Score
I really enjoyed coach lembo's presser. probably the best one i've ever watched, of an opposing coach. He knew an uncomfortably large amount about us, down to player names and playing styles.

doesn't bode well for us, IMO - they will be READY.
But based on that, IFFF we do win, I will put much more stock in this than any of the 2 prior wins.

Also - GREAT AUDIO - who would have thought you could hear reporters and the coach?! Get it together UConn AV team.

Go UConn.
It was refreshing to hear the questions at a presser. How we cant figure that out is a great mystery to me. At a minimum we must have an AV club on campus who could complete a project.

Reaction Score
Yeah, we went with the Notre Dame Broyles winner. I remember being so pumped at red pants introductory presser. Never imagined that would be his high water mark.
Nobody expected him to the bed that bad. I think diaco's biggest sin was recruiting such low quality players

Reaction Score
Nobody expected him to the bed that bad. I think diaco's biggest sin was recruiting such low quality players

Red Pants couldn't keep track what down it was at the end of games. No expects that of any college coach. It is historically bad.

From a recruiting point, he preferred big guys to fast guys. A recipe for failure.

Diaco was our version of Dunkirk. Just getting out alive was a victory.

Reaction Score

His recruiting reached the point of being humorous. At one point I think our average height exceeded that of the hoops team. I have never seen teams that slow.......glacial......

Reaction Score
Red Pants couldn't keep track what down it was at the end of games. No expects that of any college coach. It is historically bad.

From a recruiting point, he preferred big guys to fast guys. A recipe for failure.

Diaco was our version of Dunkirk. Just getting out alive was a victory.

Diaco's Maginot Line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds