UConn v. Wake Forest Demon Deacons (Saturday 10/19/24 @ Noon @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Wake Forest Demon Deacons (Saturday 10/19/24 @ Noon @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9

Reaction Score
Well, this should make for an odd morning and early afternoon for WF fans.

From the link:

STORRS, Conn. – Wake Forest fans traveling to Storrs for the team's road contest should be aware of gameday initiatives and policies in place at and around Pratt & Whitney Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for Noon ET on Saturday, Oct. 19.

Deacon Club Tailgate
The Deacon Club will host a tailgate for Wake Forest fans making the trip to Storrs on Saturday from 10-11:30 a.m. between Gates A & B at Pratt & Whitney Stadium. To register for the tailgate click HERE.
Shhhhhh...

Reaction Score
Well, this should make for an odd morning and early afternoon for WF fans.

From the link:

STORRS, Conn. – Wake Forest fans traveling to Storrs for the team's road contest should be aware of gameday initiatives and policies in place at and around Pratt & Whitney Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for Noon ET on Saturday, Oct. 19.

Deacon Club Tailgate
The Deacon Club will host a tailgate for Wake Forest fans making the trip to Storrs on Saturday from 10-11:30 a.m. between Gates A & B at Pratt & Whitney Stadium. To register for the tailgate click HERE.
Feels kinda like Blazing Saddles when they build a fake town.

Reaction Score
Wake’s Rivals beat reporter’s take on us. Thinks JF is starting.

And I didn’t know this: “If UConn scores 15 points against Wake Forest — please, hold your guffaws — it will have exceeded last season’s point total in the seventh game of the season.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score

-> Speaking on Friday at the Middlesex Chamber of Commerce breakfast, Hurley completed his 45-minute address and encouraged everyone in the room to attend Saturday’s football game, when the Huskies will go for their first power conference win of the year against ACC opponent Wake Forest.

“It’s important I think for the profile of the university and what we’re trying to do in sports here in general. I think it’s critically important that we have a huge crowd this weekend, a sellout crowd or close to a sellout crowd, and that the country can see that UConn football can be a big deal,” Hurley said. “That there’s a fan base and a desire for it in the state and with UConn fans, in general, that there’s an opportunity for it to be special one day.” <-

Reaction Score
I was reading this stat in a Wake Forest Blog and came across this: “The Huskies have allowed just 4 sacks all season and rank 8th in the nation with just 0.67 sacks allowed per game.”

Kudos to our offensive line - this is a stat that amazes me. Here were are an unaffiliated school - 1 of 3 - with one of the best offensive lines in the country.

And our defensive line, continues to evolve.

Football is a game won and lost in the trenches - I saw this and posted this after our loss to Maryland - We are a different team this year.

I want to see us do more on offense tomorrow. We have a QB with lots of time / choices to make. Look at 2nd and 3rd options on passing plays - you’ve got the time. Open up the run game through the air.

I am taking the whole family to this game tomorrow. If ever there was a time to show the rest of the country that we’re done with appearances in the Bottom 10, this is it!

I hope Husky Nation shows up in full force and we take it to Wake early. Statement Game!

Reaction Score
I’m skeptical - I find the unit struggles against P4/ strong P5 teams. They may have a standard, but they were manhandled up front, leaving few lanes for backs and little time for qb to work thru progressions. JF needs a ton of time as he tends to zero in on option 1 and moves off far too slowly; not too mention his lack of escapability.

I don’t think JF starts this week, but let’s see who takes the field.

Reaction Score

-> Since the Huskies saw their tenure in the Big East end in 2012 after the seven Catholic schools bought the rights to the conference name, they are 2-25 against power conference teams — a win over Virginia as a member of the American Athletic Conference in 2016 and a win over Boston College as an independent in 2022.

"For the players, we look at it as a game," UConn linebacker Donovan Branch said. "Yes, they're in the ACC, but we'd play an SEC team also. If we look at them as Power 5 or ACC I think it's going to creep into a lot of heads that some people are going to get timid. You have to look at it as just a game. These people bleed like we bleed. It's just a game. The person you are playing in front of is just like you at the end of the day.” <-

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I want to see us do more on offense tomorrow. We have a QB with lots of time / choices to make. Look at 2nd and 3rd options on passing plays - you’ve got the time. Open up the run game through the air.
I'm not sure that working through progressions is a skill that can be turned on or off even on a bye week. It would be nice to see though, I agree. One of the nice things about RPO's is that they are generally one read plays.

Reaction Score
I was just driving through East Hartford, and there are signs advising that there will be road closures due to the Hartford Marathon running. So if you're coming to the game, check the Marathon's website for the road closures.
Bringing this back because I’m too lazy to look it up. Anyone know if this affects the entry into Rentschler?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bringing this back because I’m too lazy to look it up. Anyone know if this affects the entry into Rentschler?
Nah. It's in another part of town. These events have on the same day often over the last 20 years. Just stay off of Route 5/Main St.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom