UConn v. Wake Forest Demon Deacons (Saturday 10/19/24 @ Noon @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Wake Forest Demon Deacons (Saturday 10/19/24 @ Noon @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The game is on the same day as the hartford marathon. Definitely not helping the cause

Is there really a crossover fandom between people who go to watch marathons and people who go to football games?

If so, trick the marathon fans. Have the marathon route go over a bridge and in to East Hartford and run through the stadium. Fool those marathon fans in to buying a ticket to watch the marathon and keep them in there for the football game.

Reaction Score
Is there really a crossover fandom between people who go to watch marathons and people who go to football games?

If so, trick the marathon fans. Have the marathon route go over a bridge and in to East Hartford and run through the stadium. Fool those marathon fans in to buying a ticket to watch the marathon and keep them in there for the football game.
It’s not the crossover , it’s the traffic patterns being affected. The casual fan looks for reasons not to go - dealing with traffic pattern changes is a good reason for them to stay away.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The game is on the same day as the hartford marathon. Definitely not helping the cause
That's sad to hear. I figured that my making my once-a-decade appearance at the Rent would've attracted at least 2,000 people!

Reaction Score
UConn led 10-0 at the half.
I was at the game and UConn had a good first half. Unfortunately, they didn't score in the second half. Final Wake 24 and UConn 10.

I was still happy that I made the trip down to Charlotte for the game. Charlotte had an ice rink for Christmas and the Patriots-Giants game was on in all sports bars that Saturday Night. Patriots won 38-35.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was still happy that I made the trip down to Charlotte for the game. Charlotte had an ice rink for Christmas and the Patriots-Giants game was on in all sports bars that Saturday Night. Patriots won 38-35.
I remember packing a sports bar downtown the night before to watch the basketball team. A bartender was quoted in the Observer the next day saying UConn fans were "good tippers."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom