UConn v. Wake Forest Demon Deacons (Saturday 10/19/24 @ Noon @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Wake Forest Demon Deacons (Saturday 10/19/24 @ Noon @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9

Reaction Score
This is the game that will get UConn some nationwide buzz if we win Saturday. Thus far Buffalo is only “good team” we’ve beaten. We need to knock off a team from Power 5 in convincing fashion to get more football fans to start talking about UConn. Even beating a struggling Power 5 team will make college football fans perk up, and recognize that we’ve got a good football team up here.

I’ve got friends - fans of Top 20 programs that are starting to take notice - 5-2 would kick it to next level.

The one thing that stood out to me from Temple game was the X’s and O’s. It was like Temple had our playbook. Hopefully Mora and coaches are hard at work this week to mix it up a bit and give our guys more opportunities to make it happen. We need to get up early on Wake and pour it on.

Reaction Score
can someone kindly educate this novice, on what moves a line?
I don't bet and don't have an interest in vegas stuff so i have no idea how lines , spreads, overs and unders, get established or how they move once established.
I do not know the answer to your question but I will note that ESPN's matchup analysis gives Wake only a 28% chance of winning. That is close to one chance in 4.

Reaction Score
This is the game that will get UConn some nationwide buzz if we win Saturday. Thus far Buffalo is only “good team” we’ve beaten. We need to knock off a team from Power 5 in convincing fashion to get more football fans to start talking about UConn. Even beating a struggling Power 5 team will make college football fans perk up, and recognize that we’ve got a good football team up here.

I’ve got friends - fans of Top 20 programs that are starting to take notice - 5-2 would kick it to next level.

The one thing that stood out to me from Temple game was the X’s and O’s. It was like Temple had our playbook. Hopefully Mora and coaches are hard at work this week to mix it up a bit and give our guys more opportunities to make it happen. We need to get up early on Wake and pour it on.
Well, HCJM says publicly and casually, "We are an outside zone team." Yup. But why he says that publicly is perhaps a bit nuanced.

Reaction Score

They had our playbook and we still won. That doesn't happen in the past. Excited for the test this week

Reaction Score
They had our playbook and we still won. That doesn't happen in the past. Excited for the test this week
I think Temple is a good team. They faced Army and Navy who are now both 5-0, with Navy having an excellent post season chance this year. I rewatched Q4. Not sure how Navy lost.

Just don’

Reaction Score
I think Temple is a good team. They faced Army and Navy who are now both 5-0, with Navy having an excellent post season chance this year. I rewatched Q4. Not sure how Navy lost.

Just don’
How Temple lost.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
To this point, we have a systemic problem. One of my sons is a junior at UConn. He and his knucklehead friends planned a parent's weekend BBQ for noon on Saturday on campus. I asked, "What about the Wake game?" His response was, "Huh?"
BBQ's are made to be canceled. 'Nuff said. Exercise that parental control while you still can.

Reaction Score
Forget 35k. Can we at least get 20k in their seats by kickoff? That would be an accomplishment in and of itself
Not unless CRDA resolves problems with the lack of metal detectors/staff to increase throughput at the gate.

Reaction Score
Good podcast! There were some interesting comments on why Joe was missing on some of his throws with high passes!
Can you give us a quick summary? I do not have 34 minutes. Or perhaps the time at which that discussion begins?

2014DualCs

#44 Kangaroo Jack
Reaction Score
Have to admit I haven't been to a UConn game since my senior year in 2015. Speaks to the level Jim Mora is at as a head coach bringing us up from the bottom of the barrel in D1 to a respectable football team.

With that being said, anything I would need to know when heading to the game? What time should we line up at the gate (if paying at the gate) for parking if we're looking for max tail gating time. Lots say they open at 8 for general admission and is $20 (can someone confirm please?), so is 7:45 arrival okay? Appreciate the help and look forward to finally catching a UConn football game once again.

P.S. For anyone looking to come, the ticket prices are too good of a deal to pass up for what is shaping up to be a great game! 8 tickets for $120 in row 13 from field all in...

Reaction Score
Not unless CRDA resolves problems with the lack of metal detectors/staff to increase throughput at the gate.
Plenty of times it's on the lack of effort by people to get their ass in line to begin with. I see it every time I walk toward the stadium.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom