UConn v. Wake Forest Demon Deacons (Saturday 10/19/24 @ Noon @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Wake Forest Demon Deacons (Saturday 10/19/24 @ Noon @Rentschler Field). Game on CBSSN. Audio on Varsity Network/FoxSports 97.9

Reaction Score

-> Mora called out the offensive line after the Temple game for not playing to its standard. There were two holding calls in critical situations against the line and, on one play, there were two flags for an illegal formation and unnecessary roughness on guard Ben Murawski. Partially due to mistakes on the line, the Huskies’ running game also averaged just 2.4 yards per carry.

“I definitely agree with him,” Senn said. “We have such a high standard that was set over the last three years… So everybody individually wants to step up and reach that standard, but then as a unit, all five of us always want to be on the same page and I think last week we just missed that five of us being on the same page the whole game.”

The full self-scout involved more than just the offensive line, however, which has been a strength of the team all three years under the direction of Gordon Sammis. <-

Reaction Score
Have to admit I haven't been to a UConn game since my senior year in 2015. Speaks to the level Jim Mora is at as a head coach bringing us up from the bottom of the barrel in D1 to a respectable football team.

With that being said, anything I would need to know when heading to the game? What time should we line up at the gate (if paying at the gate) for parking if we're looking for max tail gating time. Lots say they open at 8 for general admission and is $20 (can someone confirm please?), so is 7:45 arrival okay? Appreciate the help and look forward to finally catching a UConn football game once again.

P.S. For anyone looking to come, the ticket prices are too good of a deal to pass up for what is shaping up to be a great game! 8 tickets for $120 in row 13 from field all in...

Yep that all sounds reasonable. You can show up at 745 idk if they'll let you in before 8, but probably. I never managed to get there that early.

The gates can definitely take a while to get in, but I am not sure I've ever had it take more than 10-15 mins. So if you just give yourself that extra time (plus maybe 5 to use the bathroom/get to your seats) you should be fine

Reaction Score

-> Mora called out the offensive line after the Temple game for not playing to its standard. There were two holding calls in critical situations against the line and, on one play, there were two flags for an illegal formation and unnecessary roughness on guard Ben Murawski. Partially due to mistakes on the line, the Huskies’ running game also averaged just 2.4 yards per carry.

“I definitely agree with him,” Senn said. “We have such a high standard that was set over the last three years… So everybody individually wants to step up and reach that standard, but then as a unit, all five of us always want to be on the same page and I think last week we just missed that five of us being on the same page the whole game.”

The full self-scout involved more than just the offensive line, however, which has been a strength of the team all three years under the direction of Gordon Sammis. <-

I’m skeptical - I find the unit struggles against P4/ strong P5 teams. They may have a standard, but they were manhandled up front, leaving few lanes for backs and little time for qb to work thru progressions. JF needs a ton of time as he tends to zero in on option 1 and moves off far too slowly; not too mention his lack of escapability.

Reaction Score
I’m skeptical - I find the unit struggles against P4/ strong P5 teams. They may have a standard, but they were manhandled up front, leaving few lanes for backs and little time for qb to work thru progressions. JF needs a ton of time as he tends to zero in on option 1 and moves off far too slowly; not too mention his lack of escapability.
I am skeptical too.

Unfortunately we are not even CLOSE to skilled enough (vision/reading-wise) at the QB position, to compensate for a poor OL performance. Our opponents know this and will probably design their defenses with instability and confusion on the line, as a focal point.

RE: Joe F - at his level of experience, he is who he is - it won't get better (hopefully wont' get worse)
Nick is showing who he is - maybe his passing/coverage reading gets better, but against a P4 opponent? im not betting on it (but hoping for it).

to have any shot at a win vs. Wake, I believe we will need the single best performance of the year so far, from our OLine.

once the OLine's play breaks down as it did with Temple, we are extremely vulnerable.
Character win or not, we showed our hand to the rest of our schedule.

I hope hope hope to see Cole Welliver take some meaningful snaps at UConn, one day.

Last edited:

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I think Temple is a good team. They faced Army and Navy who are now both 5-0, with Navy having an excellent post season chance this year. I rewatched Q4. Not sure how Navy lost.

Just don’
I said this after the game, I wasn’t happy with our performance but temple was not as bad as their record would indicate. Their losses came against teams that I believe were somewhere in the neighborhood of 22-4, that’s high quality opponents.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom