UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 47 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

Reaction Score
Yeah but he explicitly said the financial commitment wasn't there in terms if the things @JohnFSilver brought up. Assistants salary pool, recruiting budget etc.

Good coach/inexpensive coach i get it. But letting Edsall hang on as long as they did with no buyout was a horrible, horrible mistake. After year 2 he should have been shown the door. It's the biggest stain on Benedict's tenure here.
Edsall is still the best coach UConn has had. I hope that changes. Just saying no need to overpay a coach without results. If someone does outstanding then UConn will do whatever it can to keep them. Ollie won a natty and was highly desired. UConn is challenging. Better players would help which also comes from investment these days. Also don’t think “Dave” was fond of Randy.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Edsall is still the best coach UConn has had. I hope that changes. Just saying no need to overpay a coach without results. If someone does outstanding then UConn will do whatever it can to keep them. Ollie won a natty and was highly desired. UConn is challenging. Better players would help which also comes from investment these days. Also don’t think “Dave” was fond of Randy.

(UConn) Edsall + Orlovski > (Maryland) Edsall - Orlovski.

Can we get Edsall to coach Maryland today?

Reaction Score
Well this certainly isn't going to help. I expect nothing from UConn football and yet I still didn't expect this in year three of Mora. It looks like he's never coached a football game before and it looks like these kids are learning a new sport.
It's more the talent gap then anything. We are slower and weaker

Reaction Score
Well this certainly isn't going to help. I expect nothing from UConn football and yet I still didn't expect this in year three of Mora. It looks like he's never coached a football game before and it looks like these kids are learning a new sport.
The bar is "don't be embarrassing" and in these critical last two years they cannot even approach the bar.

Reaction Score
It's more the talent gap then anything. We are slower and weaker
It's both but the coaching is abominable. No discipline with the players, horrible defensive schemes, horrible play calling, then there is the tackling. Why can't these kids tackle year after year? That's not a talent thing. We were told we upgraded a great deal talentwise through the portal.

Reaction Score
It's both but the coaching is abominable. No discipline with the players, horrible defensive schemes, horrible play calling, then there is the tackling. Why can't these kids tackle year after year? That's not a talent thing. We were told we upgraded a great deal talentwise through the portal.
Need some refunds!

Reaction Score
We upgraded, just not to FBS level yet...

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure any QB can beat us just by scrambling on every play, sliding feet first just before contact, and racking up 300 yards in personal foul penalties. Not to mention we'd lose 15 defensive players to targeting disqualifications.

Reaction Score
The tackling was terrible. That's coaching technique. I don't know if Mora is the guy for UConn. I should know, KU was like this for years.

Reaction Score
Great statement by the Husky gridiron warriors today to look attractive to the BIG 12. Just another completely embarrassing performance. SMH.

Reaction Score
We know with realignment that rivalries will be torn apart.

But I wasn't prepared to see Penn State without games against Michigan, Michigan State and Rutgers in the same season.

Holy cow, Michigan is the big game annually, Michigan St. ends the season as PSU's trophy game, and RU is the young dumb brother a few feet away.

Reaction Score
Looks like a bunch of NIL mercenaries.

Reaction Score
We know with realignment that rivalries will be torn apart.

But I wasn't prepared to see Penn State without games against Michigan, Michigan State and Rutgers in the same season.

Holy cow, Michigan is the big game annually, Michigan St. ends the season as PSU's trophy game, and RU is the young dumb brother a few feet away.
It says something when you are the only school in your conference without a guaranteed rivalry game. It all goes back to those Big East Catholic schools.

Reaction Score
It says something when you are the only school in your conference without a guaranteed rivalry game. It all goes back to those Big East Catholic schools.
We don't have a guaranteed rivalry in the BE either. Let's face it.

If the Big East grew to where the B1G is now, Syracuse would be pitted against Georgetown, Seton Hall vs. St. John's, and we'd get PC.

Also, it may be that PSU and USC chose one another for rivalries. We'll see in the future. PSU and USC did 4 different home and homes (8 games) over a span of 20+ years (1990-2015) until the B1G started ballooning in size.

Reaction Score
We don't have a guaranteed rivalry in the BE either. Let's face it.

If the Big East grew to where the B1G is now, Syracuse would be pitted against Georgetown, Seton Hall vs. St. John's, and we'd get PC.

Also, it may be that PSU and USC chose one another for rivalries. We'll see in the future. PSU and USC did 4 different home and homes (8 games) over a span of 20+ years (1990-2015) until the B1G started ballooning in size.
It is almost like UConn doesn't fit with a bunch of non-football playing Catholic universities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom