Men - UConn Summer Baseball 2023 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Summer Baseball 2023

Reaction Score
He throws batting practice for Eastern Connecticut throughout the season.
As a side note - UCONN football Alumni are honoring Andy at the NCST home football game August 31st.

For information go to UConnBleedBlue.com

Yeah, I thought ECSU was one of the teams Andy Baylock throws batting practice for during their season. Andy Baylock certainly gets around.

Reaction Score

Thinking that Brady Afthim could be the leading candidate for the closer job out of the for UConn baseball next season. UConn is losing a few of its main cogs out of the bullpen from last season due to graduation and the MLB draft.

Reaction Score
Stephen Quigley is now on the roster of Falmouth of Cape Cod League. He joined them after the completion of the recent MLB draft.

Reaction Score
Garrett Coe has been doing well on the Cape this summer:

Reaction Score
The summer baseball team Nashua of the Futures League has listed on their roster a player named George Welch, a senior LHP. The roster lists his college team UConn. From what I can tell Welch has been playing for Southern New Hampshire University, and Welch's twitter page says that he is in the transfer portal, so it would seem Welch has just transferred to UConn. The Nashua roster so far is the only place I have found this mention of Welch and UConn.

There have been occasions in the past where a collegiate summer baseball team has first listed a player as transferring to another school.

Reaction Score
Was perusing through the summer league stats, specifically offense. Don't want to be results oriented but here's what I found:
Avg HR RBI
Daniels .270 1 8 (does not appear to be on active Bristol roster; I don't know where he's playing, if anywhere)
Padilla .188 0 3
Dalena .113 1 6 (.113 is not a typo - he's 6 for 53)
Kron .259 0 6 (relatively speaking having a standout summer)
Brini .234 0 4
McAllister .147 0 1 (5 for 34)
Morton (showing on Wareham Gatemen roster on the Cape but no stats)

I don't know if guys are worn down from the long college season, what bats they are using etc. but a slow start to the summer. That being said looking at overall stats it seems pitching has been dominant in the NECBL.

If anyone knows where the incoming transfers (the Endicott duo - pitcher/OF and the ECSU catcher) are playing please post. I would like to go see them play. Thanks. Hope everyone is having a good summer.

Reaction Score
Was perusing through the summer league stats, specifically offense. Don't want to be results oriented but here's what I found:
Avg HR RBI
Daniels .270 1 8 (does not appear to be on active Bristol roster; I don't know where he's playing, if anywhere)
Padilla .188 0 3
Brini .234 0 4

I don't know if guys are worn down from the long college season, what bats they are using etc. but a slow start to the summer. That being said looking at overall stats it seems pitching has been dominant in the NECBL.

If anyone knows where the incoming transfers (the Endicott duo - pitcher/OF and the ECSU catcher) are playing please post. I would like to go see them play. Thanks. Hope everyone is having a good summer.

Endicott outfielder transfer Caleb Shpur is with the Mystic Schooners this summer.

I was told in late June that ECSU catcher transfer Matt Malcom would join Norwich of the Futures League in late July. It has not happened yet, we will see if it does.

Reaction Score
Avg HR RBI
Padilla .188 0 3
Brini .234 0 4

Endicott pitcher transfer Gabe Van Emon played briefly in the Cape Cod League earlier this summer.

Morton joining Wareham after not getting picked in the MLB draft. Players eligible for the draft often do not play in summer ball until after the draft is done.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Avg HR RBI
Padilla .188 0 3
Brini .234 0 4

I heard McAllister is transfering to Albany

Reaction Score

Hardly a surprise these days with the new transfer rules when a player who was not injured and did not get any playing time during the season ends up transferring to a new school. That certainly fits Levi McAllister, so seeing him leave UConn baseball can hardly be unexpected. McAllister had not been listed in the D1Baseball.com Transfer Portal listings, but I had a feeling all along that those listings were missing some players that could be in the transfer portal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom