Men - UConn Summer Baseball 2023 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Summer Baseball 2023

Reaction Score
Interesting, this is a bit of a surprise to me. Luke Broadhurst is now listed as a summer ball Assistant Coach for Norwich of the Futures League. The Manager of Norwich is Kevin Murphy, who was a teammate of Broadhurst when they were both on the Eastern Connecticut State University baseball team.

I heard that UConn baseball contacted the Norwich Sea Unicorns and asked about Luke Broadhurst becoming one of their Assistant Coaches this summer. Obviously the Sea Unicorns said yes to this request.

Don't know how common it is for players who still have eligibility to play in college ball (such as Broadhurst) becoming coaches for collegiate summer ball teams.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score

Garrett Coe is now on the roster of Falmouth of the Cape Cod League.

Glad he recovered from that line drive to the back. So much respect for Coe and Kirby

Reaction Score
Glad he recovered from that line drive to the back. So much respect for Coe and Kirby

Garrett Coe has another year of eligibility to play with UConn baseball, so even though he was honored on Senior Day this season, I'm taking this appearance in the Cape Cod League as an indication that he will be back with UConn for another season.

I believe Devin Kirby has used up his collegiate eligibility, so I don't think he will be back with UConn baseball this fall. Still I have noticed in the past that the California Collegiate League and perhaps some other summer leagues allows players who have no more collegiate eligibility to play in their league.

Reaction Score
Brady Afthim and Jack Sullivan just got activated today for Bourne

Most of the summer ball league seasons last for about 2 months. Even with players coming in from teams that have been eliminated from post season tournaments, I have always found all the player movement during the summer season with all the players coming the players coming and going from various summer teams to be rather amazing. Seems that summer rosters are constantly changing.

Reaction Score
Joe Carrea is playing summer ball for the New Brunswick Matrix of the Atlantic Collegiate Baseball League.

Reaction Score

Going into last season for UConn, it seems the coaching staff had good expectations for Quinn that didn't materialize during the season. Quinn is now getting some regular work with Danbury, hopefully he is on the comeback trail so to speak. Obviously he has had a nice start to his summer season, hope it continues when he is back on the mound for UConn.

Reaction Score
Catcher Matt Malcom is now listed on the Norwich roster in the Futures League.

Malcom is a Grad Transfer from Eastern Connecticut State University who will join the UConn baseball program this fall.

Reaction Score
Norwich Sea Unicorns of the Futures League seems to pick up a few players who used to be on the UConn baseball roster who are continuing their college careers with other schools. The latest of these UConn connected pick ups is Zach Donahue, an infielder who currently is with Eastern Connecticut State University.

Reaction Score

Funny thing, last weekemd we were talking to a Norwich Sea Unicorn front office worker not too long ago when he mentioned Andy Baylock throwing batting practice.

Baylock has been throwing batting practice in Norwich at Dodd Stadium for many years now. He probably still throws batting practice in other ballparks in Connecticut as well.

Reaction Score
Funny thing, last weekemd we were talking to a Norwich Sea Unicorn front office worker not too long ago when he mentioned Andy Baylock throwing batting practice.

Baylock has been throwing batting practice in Norwich at Dodd Stadium for many years now. He probably still throws batting practice in other ballparks in Connecticut as well.
He throws batting practice for Eastern Connecticut throughout the season.
As a side note - UCONN football Alumni are honoring Andy at the NCST home football game August 31st.

For information go to UConnBleedBlue.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom