UConn-South Carolina postgame thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn-South Carolina postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a great game, I'm so proud of this team. The non-call by the refs on that SC inbound was terrible and with how close UConn got this at the end, that could have made a difference.

I honestly don't know how I feel about that Geno T. Who knows what would have happened without it, but I'm so proud of what this team was able to do today.

A great game to have to prepare the team for March and the best they've played against SC over the past two seasons.
I think the technical was a good thing. It clearly inspired his team and stopped a possible blowout in the final minutes. If I had any criticism it might be hat he waited too long. The refereeing in the woman’s game has got to be addressed! It’s just terrible when their incompetence/bias affects the outcome of games and I must say, SC gets more help than anyone in that respect. They are a very good team. There is no denying that, for sure. If we can’t figure out a way to limit the offensive rebounding, it’s hard to see how we can win. Of course, a healthy Azzi & Caroline could have made the difference in this game but even so, when you give the other team 15-20 extra shots, it’s pretty hard to win. Very proud of our team! They played their hearts out!

Reaction Score
Why don't I feel worse about this loss? There have been defeats the past several seasons that kept me awake at night & still haunt me. But this didn't feel like a heartbreaking loss. Our team showed grit & determination despite their obstacles & shortcomings. Disappointing, but I'm more proud than upset.

Reaction Score
Both teams were scoring one on one today, so fewer assists for the Huskies today. It was the best path to victory as Geno fells that, individually, his guys match up with anyone and can score more quickly. He’s spoken about it earlier in the season after Azzi was hurt
I agree 100%, against great defenses you have to have players make plays.

Reaction Score
It's gonna be hard for us to beat their bigs inside, should we meet SC again. Dawn's found a winning formula using Boston and Cordosa inside. Geno's got his work cut out to find a way to beat that all four quarters.
If the refs allow our outside shooters to be held like in football like today, the inside game will dominate. When your shooters can't shoot because they are being fouled non-stop because that is the game plan of the other team and the refs are too intimidated to do their job or are not competent at their jobs, either inside or outside, size and bulk will always prevail. The problem is that is not basketball.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Despite UConn's best fighting effort, this game went mostly how the previous two did. Turnovers and rebounds were the major difference going in and they were by far the biggest factor in outcome. SC with 13 more field goal attempts and 11 more free throws.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Great game by Aaliayh, Lou, Nika, and Aubrey. Dorka was a presence. I RARELY complain about officiating in any sport, but I'm totally amazed by some of the foul calls. Why can Boston lower her shoulder into a stationary defensive players chest then drive through her and the defender gets the foul call and not her? Terrible in my opinion!
Officials should have to get "Slim" Browning to give them lessons in whistling. Some of them have no idea how to do it. ;)

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Boston was pretty great. To start 0-5 in the first half and end up with like 26-10 is crazy. The end margin is a lot closer than either game last year with Paige, so that is somewhat encouraging. Dorka played a bit better in the second half. As did Lou.
Obviously Azzi and Caroline make a big difference in any rematch, but idk how you solve the rebounding issue. And it's not really a UConn thing but SC does it against everyone.
Yes the stripes were good for Boston

Reaction Score
Why don't I feel worse about this loss? There have been defeats the past several seasons that kept me awake at night & still haunt me. But this didn't feel like a heartbreaking loss. Our team showed grit & determination despite their obstacles & shortcomings. Disappointing, but I'm more proud than upset.
Because you know that there is a what if factor that surrounds this game. Especially after seeing how well the Magnificent 6 played.

Reaction Score
Not that it made a difference but how do three officials miss a handoff? A pretty good showing for being thoroughly being beaten on the boards
Only one official missed the handoff - the official administering the inbound pass. The other two have other areas of responsibility to watch. If all three are watching the inbound pass, no one is paying attention to what is happening on the baseline, in the paint or at the 3pt line.

That being said, the inbounding official clearly missed it, and I guarantee he'll regret it when viewing the film. He and I worked high school games together back in the day. I had, and still have, great respect for his body of work. He's a class act, a stand-up guy, and will be haunted by it.

Reaction Score
I counted at least 3 but it was probably 4 or 5 times that it should have been a foul on her and no basket. Also on put backs especially multiple on same play she walks. None of them called. She got at least 10 points (probably more) that should not have counted. It is a shame that the officials protect her like that.
1000%. They put a halo on her for this game and have done it repeatedly in her career. She never commits a charge, she never commits a push/over the back, she never uses her painted bent arm that she rests on the defe4nsive player in a fouling way, she is just a perfect player. I am so sick of the referees being intimidated by her or Staley that it is beyond stomaching.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Feel free to dislike a fact, she had a great game with the ball but was very weak where the game was decided. Sorry……….
I noticed that Aaliyah was running back up the court as soon as the ball went up. Geno must have told her to do so. I’m sure he didn’t want the team getting bogged down in a half court game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom