UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (AEH, Gordon, Coombs, Others) | Page 16 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (AEH, Gordon, Coombs, Others)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
4/3 update

Kyla Irwin won MVP of the Altoona Mirror Basketball Classic last Friday (4/1), one of two postseason all-star games she will participate in. She had 27 points, 17 rebounds, and 6 blocks.

Irwin will play in another all-star game on April 9th.

UConn-bound Irwin turns in stellar showing - AltoonaMirror.com - Altoona, PA | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - The Altoona Mirror

Irwin stars in close call - AltoonaMirror.com - Altoona, PA | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - The Altoona Mirror

633604_1.jpg

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sluconn - you have been great all year in keeping up with the signees! Thank you.
I am really going to be curious to see how Bent and Irwin transition to Uconn - they seem to be really committed and skilled players - whether that translates to Uconn is yet to be determined, but ...looking at OSU and the quality of play coming from similarly 'dismissed' players in terms of HS rankings is encouraging.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
4/3 update

Kyla Irwin won MVP of the Altoona Mirror Basketball Classic last Friday (4/1), one of two postseason all-star games she will participate in. She had 27 points, 17 rebounds, and 6 blocks.

Irwin will play in another all-star game on April 9th.

UConn-bound Irwin turns in stellar showing - AltoonaMirror.com - Altoona, PA | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - The Altoona Mirror

Irwin stars in close call - AltoonaMirror.com - Altoona, PA | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - The Altoona Mirror

633604_1.jpg

Pretty good numbers for All Star Game. 27 points 17 rebounds and 6 blocks :eek::eek::eek::eek:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield makes USA Today's All-USA 1st team along with Cox, Boley, Young, and Ionescu who they named player of the year.

ALL-USA Girls Basketball First Team: Crystal Dangerfield, Blackman (Tenn.)

2nd and 3rd teams if you are interested:

ALL-USA Girls Basketball: Meet the Second Team

ALL-USA Girls Basketball: Meet the Third Team
This is interesting. The various POY awards have been won by: Dangerfield, Cox, Young, Boley, and Ionescu. No consensus at all.

Also, no juniors on the first 2 teams, but 3 juniors on the 3rd team. Is 2017 a weak class? Or is 2016 a strong one?

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
4/9

Kyla Irwin had 9 points and 5 rebounds in her second and last all-star game, the Pennsylvania vs. Maryland All-Star Classic, Saturday.

Reaction Score
Two 5'10" guards in the top 27 rated players are still out there, Ionescu and Harris. I'm curious to know if any of our boneyarders have seen them play in person?

Reaction Score
Crystal at the Final Four:

Crystal wear glasses off the court? A trivia question during the dull season: how many of our players wear contacts on the court? (I dunno).

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Nope, definitely does not sound like a Uconn kind of player! :rolleyes::cool:

She will definitely fit in to the work ethic, and the team concept, as will Bent - and with that we will see just how far their talent can take them. (Love that bit about not worrying about when the next water break comes!)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Nope, definitely does not sound like a Uconn kind of player! :rolleyes::cool:

She will definitely fit in to the work ethic, and the team concept, as will Bent - and with that we will see just how far their talent can take them. (Love that bit about not worrying about when the next water break comes!)
This young lady has a good wide body. As you know one of the necessary ingredients for a good post player at the college level is (excuse the vernacular) a wide behind with a good center of balance. Quick feet help as well. Size above 6'2" and jumping ability are optional.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
In regards to Irwin, great kid, great player. After watching all that tape, I still have no idea what spot she is going to play. 3? Never sees the floor. 4? probably. If she is legit 6'2. Not big enough, I don't think, to play 5.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
In regards to Irwin, great kid, great player. After watching all that tape, I still have no idea what spot she is going to play. 3? Never sees the floor. 4? probably. If she is legit 6'2. Not big enough, I don't think, to play 5.
Well, Morgan was a 5 in the Uconn scheme of things so anything is possible - it appears she has the strength and bulk to hold up in the post better than a lot of kids taller than her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom