UCONN @ Seton Hall post game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCONN @ Seton Hall post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I disagree on both Ash and Ice. Though they did not have great games, the effort was still there, Ice chased down a ball and just wrestled it away from a SH player, something she wouldn’t have done three games ago. As for Ash, I think SH focused on her and simply took her out of the game. Even so, her effort was there and she still contributed. Obviously a down game but I didn’t feel she gave up. Q was another player that, while she didn’t set the world on fire, she gave good effort and played under control.
Ash was two for five ( 40% ) and one for two on her three point shots ( 50%) played fewer minutes (29) and
was rewarded for her excellent recent games by more attention by the Seton Hall Defense. Her +/- rating
was + 10, not superb, but.... I'm not complaining. What was most notable for me was how many
added minutes the other starters had: Paige 33 minutes, Nika 37 minutes, Aaliyah 37 minutes, and
KK 35 minutes. Compared with St. John's: Paige 25 minutes, Nika 29 minutes, Aaliyah 26 minutes,
and KK 22 minutes. ONLY Player with > 30 minutes against St. John's was ASHLYNN with 35. So
Geno " rested" Ash, and he needed to play his other regulars..... That is another take on this strange game.
Mayber if was the late start time, the " away game" effect, or just one of " those" games ( very Physical = check
the foul sheet ). GO HUSKIES Beat BLUE DEMONS!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There was a lot of "drama" in this game including a young women in the 4th quarter walking along falls from a sprained anlle with no one around her. Glad it finished with a win for the Team.
That was the player that got tangled up with Aaliyah, who fell on the SHU player’s awkwardly bent leg. I hope there is no serious injury

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That was the player that got tangled up with Aaliyah, who fell on the SHU player’s awkwardly bent leg. I hope there is no serious injury
Same. It was weird. I assumed that she just rolled her ankle running back but on replay she didn't.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I was just going to ask this, as streaming doesn't let us tape games. I watched the play again on youtube and am wishing White the best. Geno went right out onto the court when she went down.

Reaction Score
I think everyone needs to come to the realization that the Big East is terrible this year. A lot of talent left and not much came in. UConn will win every game by double digits and most by 20+.

The style of play is hard to watch as well.

When you are having to play freshman a lot, this scenario could not have worked out better for UConn.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The game was ugly, the officiating less that acceptable, and a win is a win.

As many have said, not all games are going to be the beautiful basketball the team has been playing. This was one of those. The team fought hard all night. They kept their composure despite players being hammered. They played defense and didn't let Seton Hall take over the game.

We will see more of this type of play that the Hall showed tonight. Teams with lesser talent use the overly physical play as an equalizer. I don't expect the officiating to improve much. It's like playing Rutgers or UCF all over again.

Paige was too much for the Hall to handle. Throw in Aaliyah and KK and you have a win.

Ash will bounce back. No worries there. Q had some good minutes. Not worried about Ice.

On to playing DePaul.

Reaction Score
I think everyone needs to come to the realization that the Big East is terrible this year. A lot of talent left and not much came in. UConn will win every game by double digits and most by 20+.

The style of play is hard to watch as well.

When you are having to play freshman a lot, this scenario could not have worked out better for UConn.
Accidental hit of the like button. I think you maybe right as to the bottom teams, but the top 4 are certainly at least competitive with the top 4 of the Big Ten based on what I’ve seen.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Accidental hit of the like button. I think you maybe right as to the bottom teams, but the top 4 are certainly at least competitive with the top 4 of the Big Ten based on what I’ve seen.
Hit the Like button again to remove it, if you want

Reaction Score
Why is everyone on Amari's ass, makes no sense to me. She played one minute. There were plenty of bad passes made by a lot more people, geez.
I can honestly say if I was put in with 1 minute to go in a game I would have the same attitude. At that point of the game you aren't being put in to earn minutes.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall gave the Huskies their best shot, both physically and putting the 3 pointers in the hole. A good win on the road win, in a tough place. I thought Q looked a lot like Aubrey on that fast break, and I believe she also "called bank" on the corner 3. How many other Boneyarders held their breath when Paige went down? Next up!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just one small comment: Doesn't Paige know she is suppose to be a small forward? Bringing the ball up and laser passes were so AA.

Reaction Score
I can’t believe all the nitpicking criticism here. This team is demolishing the Big East.
It’s also possible that Villanova is the best of the rest. They beat Marquette last night and Olson is playing like an all American. Four teams in the dance would add even more credibility to the league and help UConn’s seeding.

Reaction Score
Why would the starters play so many minutes in a game you win by over 20 points? AE plays a lot of minutes and takes a lot of physical play and she is the key to this team. I realize they are thin at the post position but they must keep an eye on the minutes when you are playing every couple days and especially when you are traveling to play.

The interesting thing about Paige is she can do what ever she needs to for a win. I really think if UConn wanted her to score 30-35 a night she could do it and do it without shooting 30 times. She is so efficient at all aspects of her game and when the draft comes I wouldn't be surprised if she was the first pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom