UConn selects new AD | The Boneyard

UConn selects new AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is this the best UConn could get? Was the salary offer low? Hope he does a good job.

Reaction Score
I really liked Sean Frazier but this dude (who is never heard of til 5 minutes ago) ain't bad from what I've read. Coming from Auburn where the draw 75k for their spring game hopefully he won't be embarrassed by us.

Reaction Score
Yeah, completely under the radar but if the UConn article is true - that he ran a lot of the day-to-day operations in the Auburn athletic department, that's pretty nice to have on the resume.

Reaction Score
I really liked Sean Frazier but this dude (who is never heard of til 5 minutes ago) ain't bad from what I've read. Coming from Auburn where the draw 75k for their spring game hopefully he won't be embarrassed by us.
I really liked Frazier as well. Benedict has a back ground with D-1 hockey from his time at Minnesota as well. I have faith that Rachel Rubin and Susan Herbst made the right hire. Kind of also explains why Rubin wasn't at the UNH game the other night; they must have been conducting interviews.

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
This is legit. If you're mad you're either an old and grumpy new englander or young and grumpy new englander
Why is he legit? He is coming from a program swimming in money, he's going to be put to the test here.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
WOW. What does this hire say...no...SCREAM?

FOOTBALL.

This hire screams football and I LOVE IT. Not to mention, this paragraph should tell us all we need to know...

Benedict led a feasibility study to make renovations to Auburn’s Jordan-Hare Stadium that initiated a $150-$180 million project. He negotiated a unique nine-year extension with Under Armour that included both product, cash and $10 million worth of stock. Benedict also is leading a search for a multi-media rights partner that looks to more than double Auburn’s current average guarantee.

Expanding the Rent? Check.

Upcoming Nike contract expiration? Check.

UConn's Tier 3 rights (if stuck in the AAC)? Check.

Football? Check check check check check!

I'd be lying to say I have heard of him prior to 5 minutes ago but hot damn, this is a bold...no...VERY BOLD move by President Herbst to strengthening up our only perceived P5 "weakness": football.

I love President Herbst.

Reaction Score
I really liked Frazier as well. He has a back ground with D-1 hockey from his time at Minnesota as well. I have faith that Rachel Rubin and Susan Herbst made the right hire. Kind of also explains why Rubin wasn't at the UNH game the other night; they must have been conducting interviews.
Whose to say he didn't turn it down? Oh well

Reaction Score

FOOTBALL.

This hire screams football and I LOVE IT. Not to mention, this paragraph should tell us all we need to know...

Benedict led a feasibility study to make renovations to Auburn’s Jordan-Hare Stadium that initiated a $150-$180 million project. He negotiated a unique nine-year extension with Under Armour that included both product, cash and $10 million worth of stock. Benedict also is leading a search for a multi-media rights partner that looks to more than double Auburn’s current average guarantee.

I'd be lying to say I have heard of him prior to 5 minutes ago but hot damn, this is a bold...no...VERY BOLD move by President Herbst to strengthening up our only perceived P5 "weakness": football.

I love President Herbst.
Agreed. And hey, he was in the VCU system when they were making noise so it's not like basketball is being devalued either.

Reaction Score

FOOTBALL.

I love President Herbst.

If Dooley likes it, I am ten toes in

Reaction Score

FOOTBALL.

I love President Herbst.
There are a LOT of facility projects coming up now with that ticket surcharge being implemented...Benedict has the experience to get these done as well.

Reaction Score
For those who keep score, Blaudschun had his article written and posted 6 minutes before Jacobs tweeted out the news.

In other words UConn likes Blaudschun a lot more than anyone at the Courant.

Reaction Score
Wasn't there some other guy from Connecticut named Benedict? How did that work out? Just sayin..........

Reaction Score
For those who keep score, Blaudschun had his article written and posted 6 minutes before Jacobs tweeted out the news.

In other words UConn likes Blaudschun a lot more than anyone at the Courant.
Any idea when the official release from the school came out?

Reaction Score

FOOTBALL.

I love President Herbst.

I have to agree. He seems to have a combination of personal, administrative and financial skills and has made important contacts. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd jump onto a sinking ship at this point in his career.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I really liked Frazier as well. He has a back ground with D-1 hockey from his time at Minnesota as well. I have faith that Rachel Rubin and Susan Herbst made the right hire. Kind of also explains why Rubin wasn't at the UNH game the other night; they must have been conducting interviews.

SEC Football Background > B1G Hockey Background

Reaction Score
SEC Football Background > B1G Hockey Background
More like all around back ground....he has some serious facility upgrade projects in front of him that will be starting soon since they instituted the ticket surcharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom