UConn "Secret" Scrimmages | The Boneyard

UConn "Secret" Scrimmages

Reaction Score
I kind of like these. Yes, for fans, we'd prefer to see them in games that count, but it's a good way for the coaches to test their guys and see where you're at without having to worry about the standings.
I wish they would do these for charity like when we played Providence at Mohegan Sun. Even if this is just a glorified practice with 20 minutes of "actual" 5-on-5 stuff, it'd still be fun to watch. I'd pay $20 to go

Reaction Score
I wish they would do these for charity like when we played Providence at Mohegan Sun. Even if this is just a glorified practice with 20 minutes of "actual" 5-on-5 stuff, it'd still be fun to watch. I'd pay $20 to go
Yeah I think the rules mostly prevent it. You either do a public exhibition against non-D1 or you do a closed scrimmage. NCAA made exceptions for Hurricane relief that year (which I guess they could do again considering but haven't heard any calls for it).

But I agree with your general point that it would be a good rule change.

Reaction Score
The NCAA is at least considering stuff like this, one of the rule changes coming up for vote is 2-3 exhibition games over the summer that would be open to fans

Reaction Score
Yeah I think the rules mostly prevent it. You either do a public exhibition against non-D1 or you do a closed scrimmage. NCAA made exceptions for Hurricane relief that year (which I guess they could do again considering but haven't heard any calls for it).

But I agree with your general point that it would be a good rule change.
Several charity scrimmages are scheduled per the article including Fairfield at Rutgers.

Reaction Score
I’m hoping for a regular season matchup between UConn and UVA. C’Ville is only 45 minutes away. Going to DC for the Georgetown games is such a pain in the ass.

Reaction Score
Given our lack of guard play currently and the way UVA defends, O/U on that scrimmage is like 80 total points between the two squads and I'm grateful it will not be on video. That will be the rockiest of all rock fights.

You could not pay me enough money to watch that game.

Reaction Score
Given our lack of guard play currently and the way UVA defends, O/U on that scrimmage is like 80 total points between the two squads and I'm grateful it will not be on video. That will be the rockiest of all rock fights.

You could not pay me enough money to watch that game.
if it is two 20 minute halves and like a real game I will wager 25 k on the over at 80, If someone wants to bet the under I have the cash . If it goes under there will be an investigation by Scully and Mulder.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Any chance we get a stream for this game
Anderson Cooper Reaction GIF

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I would like to be a fly on the wall today, here's to hopin for multiple leak sources for a bigger picture of what we may have this season. looking forward to a few reports

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom