UConn "Secret" Scrimmages | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn "Secret" Scrimmages

Reaction Score
Wouldn't fret about it with AJ and AK missing from the game.

Virginia is a good team anyway.
They didn’t make the tourney last year so I don’t know how good they actually are.

They’re getting some preseason love and it’s a meaningless scrimmage but giving up 75 points to them is a bad look. They only scored 75 in 2 games last year (81 vs Farleigh Dickerson and 75 vs Clemson). Could care less about our offense struggling but defense struggling is concerning.

Reaction Score
They didn’t make the tourney last year so I don’t know how good they actually are.

They’re getting some preseason love and it’s a meaningless scrimmage but giving up 75 points to them is a bad look. They only scored 75 in 2 games last year (81 vs Farleigh Dickerson and 75 vs Clemson). Could care less about our offense struggling but defense struggling is concerning.
Teams literally play until the coaches decide to stop, and in some cases will run back possessions to work on things until they score. Without that info it's impossible to say UVA scoring 75 is a bad look

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I guess "Jerome" on their Board accepted the BY score as truth and others in the follow up also commended the result.

Apparently Ray Allen actually wanted to go to UVA but they took someone else…according to a poster in that thread

These other boards are all hilarious…until you realize they are just a reflection of what our own s-show looks like

Reaction Score
So 2 days later and the only source is one guy saying UVA won 75-69, and it's his second post in 2 years...We did get some quotes from Hurley a week ago talking about the Harvard scrimmage. Hurley said Hawkins and Samson were the big winners of the day. Let's hope we hear something similar tonight

Reaction Score
This time of year desperation for any kernel of MBB info is peaking.

Reaction Score
This time of year desperation for any kernel of MBB info is peaking.
Yeah. And some teams have had public exhibitions already and we haven't even had an open practice yet, not to mention the team treating the closed scrimmages as The Manhattan Project.

Reaction Score
Yeah. And some teams have had public exhibitions already and we haven't even had an open practice yet, not to mention the team treating the closed scrimmages as The Manhattan Project.
What's the Rush?

Reaction Score
Every year. And Lord help us on injury info. The Pope's medical records are more public.

Reaction Score

I’d rather the Good Guys secret scrimmage against real competition, like Harvard and UVA, than play exhibitions against a D2 team and a school that was known as an online university even before Covid reared its ugly head.

Reaction Score
Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reaction Score
It’s weird how the injury myth persists. The only injury news that the team was really sketchy about was Bouknight’s, and I hope that, as the entire story came out, it’s clear why that was. Virginia’s people haven’t released any information about the scrimmage, either. It’s almost as if that’s a completely normal way to handle it. I‘m glad people are excited, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom