UConn Secret Scrimmage | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn Secret Scrimmage

Reaction Score
The concern of some Virginia fans is that the high assist numbers for UConn is indicative of the fact that UVa's new front court players are missing defensive assignments. There's a steep learning curve for them on the defensive end which is why so many in the past have redshirted. Or, it may mean that UConn is moving the ball exceptionally well. Probably, a combination of the two, but I thought it worth mentioning.
I think we might be the passing team in the country, so I wouldn't worry about it. We're going to start essentially 3 point guards, and an extremely high IQ 4-man. Clingan is also a great passer, but not relevant to the scrimmage results. We were 8th in assists per field goal in the country last season, and swapped out Jackson for Castle and then upgraded Hawkin's average passing ability for Spencer's (who has averaged 3 assists per game in all 4 of his seasons).

Reaction Score
I think we might be the passing team in the country, so I wouldn't worry about it. We're going to start essentially 3 point guards, and an extremely high IQ 4-man. Clingan is also a great passer, but not relevant to the scrimmage results. We were 8th in assists per field goal in the country last season, and swapped out Jackson for Castle and then upgraded Hawkin's average passing ability for Spencer's (who has averaged 3 assists per game in all 4 of his seasons).

Plenty of solid catch-and-shoot guys too. Boosts the assist numbers when you can get a few easy ones a game just swinging the ball and slinging it.

Reaction Score
Blue/White scrimmage is going to be really interesting in my opinion. Last season, we had a lot of guys with clear strengths and weaknesses; it'll be interesting to get a better feel for what those strengths/weaknesses are for the guys this year.

caw

Reaction Score

Specifically the first one that comes to mind is the one-on-one game to stay thing. Just not a fan of it. It was a silly stunt, real or not. I don't hate or dislike him for it. Probably came off as harsher criticism than it was.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So he knows how to keep it in his pants.

That's an obvious upgrade.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would certainly hope so, they’re ranked 227th going into the year.

Wow. Didn't realize last weekends leaks were that bad. I figured UConn leaks should he top-10.
Waiting for the nerds to explain Kenpom heavily weights last year's leaks and doesn't give an accurate picture of this year's leaks until January.

Reaction Score
What ever info is leaked from secret scrimmages is the naritive the coaching staff creates. Not necessarily what really happened.

Reaction Score
Wow. Didn't realize last weekends leaks were that bad. I figured UConn leaks should he top-10.
Waiting for the nerds to explain Kenpom heavily weights last year's leaks and doesn't give an accurate picture of this year's leaks until January.
There were two teams rated 200+ preseason last year that ended up in the top 125 at season end.

It’s a fairly accurate barometer of identifying end of season rankings, and is especially good at identifying teams that are going to suck, like Harvard.

Reaction Score
They still have as good a chance as anyone for his recommitment
If he had decommitted when Cooley left then sure but English has had the job for a couple months now, so I doubt it.

Reaction Score
If he had decommitted when Cooley left then sure but English has had the job for a couple months now, so I doubt it.
Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom