UConn Secret Scrimmage | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn Secret Scrimmage

Reaction Score
There are plenty of people that talk out of their arse but 429 watches a lot of basketball. He is not one of them. His scouting reports are comprehensive on high school players. He's not a guy to make a statement just based on rankings or a star system. If you share a different opnion on his abilities, so be it, but he doesn't just throw lazy opinions on prospects out there with no basis or first hand knowledge. Just an FYI.

My take wasn't even that bad, lol. He's a high 3-star player who projects as a bench player for his first season or two. His big hiccup is iffy shooting in a Boat-sized body.

I guess "isn't very good" wasn't the most charitable, but I'm just thinking about the 400k. He's good by most standards, but justifying 400k on a 3* player seems nuts to me. There are G-league players making a fraction of that with a hell of a lot more talent. I'd say the same thing about Ross, Singare or Ball if we were paying them 400k to be on campus... and 2 of them are much better players than Davis is.

For comparison's sake, Singare averaged 12/11/2 w/ 1.5 blocks and 1.5 steals per game in 31 MPG. 55% from the field.

Davis (only 6 games so far) is averaging 13/3/4 w/ a steal per game in 24mpg... 32% from deep and 42% from 2 point land.

Reaction Score
My take wasn't even that bad, lol. He's a high 3-star player who projects as a bench player for his first season or two. His big hiccup is iffy shooting in a Boat-sized body.

I guess "isn't very good" wasn't the most charitable, but I'm just thinking about the 400k. He's good by most standards, but justifying 400k on a 3* player seems nuts to me. There are G-league players making a fraction of that with a hell of a lot more talent. I'd say the same thing about Ross, Singare or Ball if we were paying them 400k to be on campus... and 2 of them are much better players than Davis is.

For comparison's sake, Singare averaged 12/11/2 w/ 1.5 blocks and 1.5 steals per game in 31 MPG. 55% from the field.

Davis (only 6 games so far) is averaging 13/3/4 w/ a steal per game in 24mpg... 32% from deep and 42% from 2 point land.
Isaiah Wong and Nigel Pack were making $400k/yr at Miami last season. There is absolutely no way a kid ranked outside the top 100 should be getting $400k offers. I'm surprised Providence was even giving him $200k (if that's true). That's an absurd amount for a borderline 3* player

Reaction Score
Well honesty you were never on this topic as it was UConn secret scrimmage not PeeCees. There is one on Big East scrimmage so if your comprehension was as good as you believe you’d be preaching your crap in that thread not here!

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Looks like Samson caught a body in one of the scrimmages, according to the uconnmbb insta story. Surprised they posted even though it doesn’t show a ton.

Reaction Score
Looks like Samson caught a body in one of the scrimmages, according to the uconnmbb insta story. Surprised they posted even though it doesn’t show a ton.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Isaiah Wong and Nigel Pack were making $400k/yr at Miami last season. There is absolutely no way a kid ranked outside the top 100 should be getting $400k offers. I'm surprised Providence was even giving him $200k (if that's true). That's an absurd amount for a borderline 3* player
Pardon the interruption, but can I ask where you guys are getting these numbers as facts? Is it like blockchain where it’s just out there for everyone to see?

Reaction Score
Pardon the interruption, but can I ask where you guys are getting these numbers as facts? Is it like blockchain where it’s just out there for everyone to see?
The guy that paid them was bragging about it last summer. The NCAA cracked down on that a bit, so the numbers have been a lot less concrete since then.

Reaction Score
He certainly got up real high (11 feet?) with a lot of power. Tried to determine what the lead in to the jam was - probably a pass but not really an alley oop/lob - but it was certainly a brief snippet of the overall sequence so hard to tell.

Reaction Score
The Nigel Pack NIL deal was very public. Wong then got mad that he was making less than Pack, so they each ended up getting $400k/year Nijel Pack reveals honest emotions of John Ruiz announcing details of NIL deal

The Providence NIL number is just what was said earlier on this board. No idea if that's true, and tbh I don't believe that a 3* recruit was getting $200k from anyone, let alone Providence.

Reaction Score
shrug
IMG_2588.gif

Reaction Score
He certainly got up real high (11 feet?) with a lot of power. Tried to determine what the lead in to the jam was - probably a pass but not really an alley oop/lob - but it was certainly a brief snippet of the overall sequence so hard to tell.

Isn't 11 feet kind of the minimum to dunk? Looks higher to me. I don't think it's a surprise I've been skeptical on Johnson, but the kid can certainly jump.

Reaction Score
Isn't 11 feet kind of the minimum to dunk? Looks higher to me. I don't think it's a surprise I've been skeptical on Johnson, but the kid can certainly jump.
Yeah, sure: 11.5 feet but you know what I'm saying. It looks like he is jamming on a nurf hoop - making it look easy. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom