UConn Recruiting Speculation 6 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting Speculation 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight. In a thread entitled UConn Recruiting Speculation, @Heytherego and @hoopsnloops32, you guys would prefer to discourage speculation? Interesting.
I’m not discouraging it just not getting my hopes up that Geno is doing some Jedi mind tricks with recruits when most likely he is just being his normal loose lips self.

Reaction Score
This also might be true but it’s important to remember Geno gossips like and Italian grandmother. He also announced Aubrey’s return before she had the chance to this year and last. There could be no strategic reason at all for Geno saying this.
Obviously no outsiders know the why with certainty, but I wouldn't rule out that all the players in question, Aubrey, Nika and Aaliyah don't mind him leaking their decision. They may have known he would do it, taking away the drama of their decision somewhat. If he did spill the beans without their blessing, then it would be strange indeed, but it is not easy to tell your fan base you are not coming back when you still have games to play, even if you have made that decision.

Anyway Geno's comments likely do shed light on there being at least one spot to offer, something Sarah might be glad to hear, and if she doesn't choose us, we now can expect to be a player in the portal hopefully for a big or Rodriquez, and if another opening develops, maybe a guard like Kaitlin or someone else as well.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Morgan Cheli and Mitty on television tonight. UVerse Channel 1777. Either 8:00 or 10:00 Central Time.

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
This is going to be a really good championship game. I'm pulling for Mitty with Mo + McKenna ofc but everytime I watch Etiwanda I can't help but be in awe of Grace Knox. I'm a huge fan. 6'3 and super atheltic, I hope she gets an offer from Coach soon.

Reaction Score
I’m feeling better about our chances of landing Sarah Strong after today’s performance against Marquette and the bad odor of the SC-LSU game. If she was watching, I wonder if she’ll draw the same conclusion I do about all three programs.

Reaction Score
I’m feeling better about our chances of landing Sarah Strong after today’s performance against Marquette and the bad odor of the SC-LSU game. If she was watching, I wonder if she’ll draw the same conclusion I do about all three programs.
I have a feeling she headed toward to Duke rn. Lots of recent Duke follows on social media and she seems to want to stay in the state of North Carolina.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling she headed toward to Duke rn. Lots of recent Duke follows on social media and she seems to want to stay in the state of North Carolina.
I agree about the possible effect of the LSU South Carolina "incident"....But..... My thought was that it could
lead Sarah to choose Storrs..... Where ther is a "REAL FAMILY " atmosphere.. with GREAT CHEMISTRY. etc etc
and.. NOT FAR FROM "MOM" and...
the place where H.S. players are made WNBA "WINNERS"!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Geno was down to see her play a few weeks ago. Dawn put on a big push to get her showing up to her senior nite with her coaches and had Aja Wilson and Aaliyah Boston show up at her games and Joyce Edwards #2 in the class spend time with her and from what Ive read shes not interested in SC. There was talk about LSU but after yesterdays game I dont think that will happen. I believe shes coming to UConn. I did read somewhere that her mother is friends with a former UConn player, I think it was Ashley Battle.

Reaction Score
Geno was down to see her play a few weeks ago. Dawn put on a big push to get her showing up to her senior nite with her coaches and had Aja Wilson and Aaliyah Boston show up at her games and Joyce Edwards #2 in the class spend time with her and from what Ive read shes not interested in SC. There was talk about LSU but after yesterdays game I dont think that will happen. I believe shes coming to UConn. I did read somewhere that her mother is friends with a former UConn player, I think it was Ashley Battle.

You are correct. Her and Ashley are close. Both work for the Boston Celtics.

Reaction Score

If Duke got Cooper Flagg and then Sarah Strong, both right out of UConn’s hands, I would literally lose it.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I’m aware. My point is that UConn was a finalist of his, but he ultimately chose Duke (which could possibly happen with Sarah).
Yes. But Duke was always way ahead of us for Flagg. I’m not sure we were ever a serious contender. I know he visited. With Sarah we had all those silly
“secret commitment” rumors. But if she chooses Duke that would mean they really did make up a lot of ground. Hopefully she will decide soon so the focus can shift if need be.

Reaction Score
Now that we know for sure that UConn, Duke, and North Carolina are Sarah Strong’s top 3 schools, let’s discuss/speculate about why she might select each school. I think that Duke and UNC were on my radar for potential contenders for Sarah, but what additional information is there about why she might select these schools over UConn?

Reaction Score
Seems like she wants to stay home but also wants to go to UConn. Ariana Robinson going to Duke probably helps them a lot there. She also followed a bunch of Duke players recently.

Will be interesting what she decides.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It’s my hope that Strong is closely watching the recent performance of all 3 schools she is considering. That’s particularly true relative to the development of Ice at UConn, a player with very similar size and skills as Strong.

Yes, Duke & UNC are both closer to home, but from a personal development standpoint, it’s hard to make a case for any school other than UConn. In addition, both NC schools are currently “middle of the pack” in the ACC, having lost in the 1st round (UNC) & 2nd round (Duke) of their conference tournament respectively. If Strong wants to win a national championship, and SC & LSU are out, UConn is the place to be.

Reaction Score
Seems like she wants to stay home but also wants to go to UConn. Ariana Robinson going to Duke probably helps them a lot there. She also followed a bunch of Duke players recently.

Will be interesting what she decides.

Her following those Duke players recently definitely concerns me. I'm sure she already knows where she's going at this point, just waiting for the announcement. And perhaps she told Kara and team then followed those players. Most people assume she will announce at or right after the McDonalds all American game.

Fingers crossed she still picks us, but at least it won't be LSU or South Carolina if she goes elsewhere! :)

Reaction Score
Having just read the Sports Illustrated article about JuJu Watkins' decision to
chose USC Trojans, I wonder if this could be a part of Ms. Strong's thoughts on
"where" to go to school. The article (March 2024) reported that JuJu, rather than
taking the multiple opportunities at established "top five - top ten programs", chose
USC to help to revitalize her hometown's program. Does that make UCONN
"establishment"? or does it indicate that UCONN is her primary choice of a "established" program??
I don't have to express my bias... but this will be an interesting decision for Ms. Strong.
Also, during the Chipotle Nationals basketball tournament (www.CHIPOTLENATIONALS.COM)
April 4- 6 ,2024, GRACE CHRISTIAN will be facing first IMG ACADEMY with Kelis Fisher (UCONN commit) and
UCONN POI Lara Somfai. Then If GRACE CHRISTIAN wins its first two games, Sarah and her teammates
could then match up against LONG ISLAND LUTHERAN with UCONN 2026 POI, OLIVIA Vukosa. That
would be the Championship Game at 10 AM ET on Saturday, July 6 th.
There could be some informative discussion off the court among those talented young ladies!
Throw the dice! Best wishes to Sarah.

Reaction Score
Her following those Duke players recently definitely concerns me. I'm sure she already knows where she's going at this point, just waiting for the announcement. And perhaps she told Kara and team then followed those players. Most people assume she will announce at or right after the McDonalds all American game.

Fingers crossed she still picks us, but at least it won't be LSU or South Carolina if she goes elsewhere! :)
She doesn’t follow any of the current players. She follows Ari and just recently followed Toby.

Reaction Score
Having just read the Sports Illustrated article about JuJu Watkins' decision to
chose USC Trojans, I wonder if this could be a part of Ms. Strong's thoughts on
"where" to go to school. The article (March 2024) reported that JuJu, rather than
taking the multiple opportunities at established "top five - top ten programs", chose
USC to help to revitalize her hometown's program. Does that make UCONN
"establishment"? or does it indicate that UCONN is her primary choice of a "established" program??
I don't have to express my bias... but this will be an interesting decision for Ms. Strong.
Also, during the Chipotle Nationals basketball tournament (www.CHIPOTLENATIONALS.COM)
April 4- 6 ,2024, GRACE CHRISTIAN will be facing first IMG ACADEMY with Kelis Fisher (UCONN commit) and
UCONN POI Lara Somfai. Then If GRACE CHRISTIAN wins its first two games, Sarah and her teammates
could then match up against LONG ISLAND LUTHERAN with UCONN 2026 POI, OLIVIA Vukosa. That
would be the Championship Game at 10 AM ET on Saturday, July 6 th.
There could be some informative discussion off the court among those talented young ladies!
Throw the dice! Best wishes to Sarah.
Only problem is that Vukosa doesn't play for LUHI. She plays for Christ the King HS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom