UConn Recruiting Speculation 6 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting Speculation 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A really really good player, on the steps of Strong, is McKenna Wolyczko of Mitty. Is she a POI for Uconn?

Reaction Score
I believe Strong is coming to UConn and waiting to see how things unfold over the next few months. I also believe that UConns interest in the JUCO player is because UConn doesnt know how effective and inexperienced their post players coming back from injuries will be. We have read Geno's comments regarding our freshman this season. Will that be the case next season with our freshman class coming in and those coming off injury. We dont know if those coming back from injury will need time to heal and get up to speed. Again I believe Strong comes and she will need starter minutes. That means UConn will have 2 HS number 1's in Paige Azzi and Sara.

This season we see we need more shooters and scorers and have become very dependent on Paige and Aaliyah to carry the team. Next season our 5 coming off injury may not be able to go 25+ minutes a game. We dont know how effective they will be coming off injury and how long it will take them to become effective.

Going into next season we need more scorers/shooters. Azzi Caroline Shade Cheli and Zeibel imo are on the top of the list of those who can put up points, along with Strong. Strong is the number 1 HS player and a really really good big who can score inside and out. She is what UConn needs. Frankly she is what every teams needs.

There is only one big that is playing at UConn or National level and she graduates. We need 2 bigs, whether by addition or in-house. Strong and someone steps up would be the best.

Reaction Score
I’d guess Sarah will end up in a role sort of like Alyssa Pili — a good perimeter player, but too strong not to want to use her in the low post as well.
I agree. IMO if she hits her stride she'll be mostly an offense initiator from the 3/4 spot (I believe she is best suited for a 4) from the perimeter - playing like a point-forward offensievely. And just like any quality player, she'll also take advantages of scoring inside if/when the situation warrants.

If she were to come to UCONN, leadingup to her sr year she would always have had stellar guard play assuming the injury bug goes away and some players take advanatge of an extra year.

Reaction Score
Sarah Strong is a 6-2 W/F, not a “big
Sarah is a power forward/small forward. She is not a SG. .
I’d guess Sarah will end up in a role sort of like Alyssa Pili — a good perimeter player, but too strong not to want to use her in the low post as well.
I agree. IMO if she hits her stride she'll be mostly an offense initiator from the 3/4 spot (I believe she is best suited for a 4) from the perimeter - playing like a point-forward offensievely. And just like any quality player, she'll also take advantages of scoring inside if/when the situation warrants.

If she were to come to UCONN, leadingup to her sr year she would always have had stellar guard play assuming the injury bug goes away and some players take advanatge of an extra year.
Well, she can be used as a 3, 4 and/or 5 but I see her most efficient use as a 3/4 shooter offensively and a 4/5 rebounder/paint clogger defensively - all as according to the needs of her team

@HuskyNan I see her as a "big" but not a "post. - and definitely not "Low Post" though she could do it. A large Swiss Army knife.

A nice dilemma for some lucky coach - whomever that might be

Reaction Score
We should have a lottery or something. Have the Boneyard
guess the date and time of "THE DECISION" of Ms. Strong.
Saturday morning, April 20th, 2024. After the NCAAs,
after Aaliyah Edwards make " HER" decision and after
the start of the Spring "signing period". Is that "speculation"?
or just "guesswork"?

Reaction Score
In response to @visitingcock and @hoophuskee and others, Sarah's passing and shooting skills are quite reminiscent of the great Gabby teams. Everyone on those teams could initiate the transition offense as well as the half court set. Even though they didn't win an NC, I may have enjoyed their games the most, the passing was so quick and sure handed. If Sarah opts to play next to Morgan Ash KK Allie and Jana (plus a year of Paige Azzi and Caroline), it really conjures up all sorts of images of what could be.

Reaction Score
In response to @visitingcock and @hoophuskee and others, Sarah's passing and shooting skills are quite reminiscent of the great Gabby teams. Everyone on those teams could initiate the transition offense as well as the half court set. Even though they didn't win an NC, I may have enjoyed their games the most, the passing was so quick and sure handed. If Sarah opts to play next to Morgan Ash KK Allie and Jana (plus a year of Paige Azzi and Caroline), it really conjures up all sorts of images of what could be.
A Morgan Tuck type impact comes to mind for me. I have not watched much of her game but her outside shooting touch seems more advanced than Tuck.

Reaction Score
Sarah Strong is a 6-2 W/F, not a “big”
She is really big
If you actually watched her play
She has a great post OK and forget the 62. She plays as big as any 65.
What makes her special is her passing ability her ability to play in transition at her size and to be dead lift the three-point line
Trust me if she comes to you, she will play big

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She is really big
If you actually watched her play
She has a great post OK and forget the 62. She plays as big as any 65.
What makes her special is her passing ability her ability to play in transition at her size and to be dead lift the three-point line
Trust me if she comes to you, she will play big
The way Morrow did for DePaul and she was shorter.

Reaction Score
Sarah's mom is no taller (maybe even a little shorter) and she gave Stanford's bigs a very public spanking in a famous upset years ago. I expect she's learned a lot from her mom.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Mila Bazzell is not yet 2, but I’m predicting big things for her. Plus she’s cute as heck!
My 8 year old granddaughter, also cute as hell, dominates her rec league and is a power guard. She is considering UConn and Michigan (a family thing) but has been known to sneak a watch of South Carolina. She is not allowed to watch ND, Tennessee or Duke (her grandfather’s thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom