UConn Recruit that you couldn't wait to see play. . . . . | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruit that you couldn't wait to see play. . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The whole 2011 class of AD, DD, and Boat. That was one star studded class.

Reaction Score
After Donyell, the other early one (in my fandom) that comes to mind is Brian Fair. He was rated in the top forty if I recall.

Reaction Score
After Donyell, the other early one (in my fandom) that comes to mind is Brian Fair. He was rated in the top forty if I recall.

Rudy Johnson, prior to knee troubles, was way up there and we stole him from Florida State and others I believe. Nice piece of the puzzle for some very good teams but obviously not quite what he was supposed to be. Great Husky kid though and still very much part of the family.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

I just remember after watching this video, I was convinced that Drummond would lead us to back-to-back titles as a freshman. Just an insane mixtape.

Even better than I remembered. I thought we could repeat too.

Reaction Score
Boatright. Remember free boat?

Wasn't that long ago the NCAA jerked him around for his fist 6 games. Then decided they didn't jerk him around enough so made him sit a few in Jan.

Reaction Score
Jalen is the recruit that I've been most excited to see play since Andre Drummond committed.

Before Andre, couldn't wait to see Charlie Villanueva.

Before Charlie, probably tie between Scott Burrell and Chris Smith.

Before those two, had to be Corny Thompson and Mike McKay coming in together.

Reaction Score
Jim Abromaitis, Edmund Saunders, Dougie Wiggins, Fish Fry and Stix

Reaction Score
Khalid. I met him in August of '97 and couldn't picture how he could be as talented as advertised. He was, of course, but I needed to see it to believe it.

Reaction Score
1. Rudy
2. D HAM for me...a recruit we needed at the time and who i think will have a great year
3. Andre - see video
4. Charlie V.. big time get
5. Marcus williams

Reaction Score
I used to subscribe to that too if we're talking the same thing.

Big East Briefs.

Ha, I used to get that newsletter too.

I used to follow recruiting much more in the 90's and I distinctly remember whichever preseason magazine I had at the time (Street & Smiths?) ranking Kirk King as a higher rated high school senior than Ray Allen. Based on that, when they started mentioning incoming freshman during televised games, I remember thinking it was odd that they were mentioning Ray Allen so much more that KK. It didn't take long to figure out why.

As for the OP, another vote for Deng

Reaction Score
AD. The ultra beast. Isn't he our highest recruit, ever? Totally psyched for JA after a fun year of DH.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I know it sounds corny (not Thompson) but I'd get excited about all of the incoming recruits. I couldn't wait to see how they'd play and what they would bring to the team. I would be excited for weeks about going to MM.

Reaction Score
I was a freshman in 2004 when Rudy Gay was also a freshman, so as a new UConn enrollee, I gotta say that Gay was the most exciting recruit for me. I spent a lot of the 04-05 season in the front row of the student section of Gampel, so I remember plenty of gravity defying dunks from Gay. One of the athletic players I've ever seen live, even watching him warm up with was something special to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom