UConn Recruit that you couldn't wait to see play. . . . . | The Boneyard

UConn Recruit that you couldn't wait to see play. . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We've had some good great ones. Who is the one recruit that you anxiously awaited to see lace up? Doesn't have to be 4 or 5 star, just a player you read/heard about that was going to make our team better for sure. Even if that player disappointed/underachieved or didn't deliver as expected.

Mine was Rip. I was playing golf and another golfer simply said to me "you guys got a good one" from Philly area. He was a basketball guru, so it was a credible prediction. This was before mixtapes, social media and other internet sources. I couldn't wait for the season to begin. His freshman year I saw what the guy meant, and he went on to be an AA with a Ring.

Reaction Score
Rudy gay was up there on my list. Kid was off the charts in athletic ability and at time was one of few kids from his class who actually made it to school rather than jump to the league.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Donyell, because I was on campus then and he was a big deal coming out of HS

Reaction Score
Chris Smith since we were the same class & headed off to college at the same time. That's when I was really started following college basketball recruiting and I knew we got a good one! I had all the college basketball magazines & followed which recruits went where! T.M.I. LOL

Reaction Score
I have followed UConn since Calhoun's first year and vaguely remember a few years prior, but in all of those years, I was so pumped about Drummond. We had just won the title, I do not think out of all of our 4 titles, that we had as much talent a following year, so when he committed that summer, I began daydreaming about repeats....but thats when I relearned the hard lesson that talent, without chemistry, can be pretty disappointing....however I do feel if Calhoun had been healthy that year, and all the boatright eligibility madness had not happened, Calhoun could have gotten more out of them, but I think he missed like 9 games that year for health and suspensions.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Super pumped for Jalen. Was really excited for D-Ham, Drummond, Kemba, and Rudy Gay.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Rudy Gay & Jalen Adams

Reaction Score
Drummond no doubt. the most decorated Connecticut hs hooper ever

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Scott Hazelton

Reaction Score
Ray. He was considered so smooth in South Carolina and I read an article or two saying he was a true superstar and under appreciated nationally. The first time I saw him shoot a basketball in warmups I knew he was for real. It took watching him all of one minute to know he was the most talented kid on the court.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Charlie Alexander Villanueva. Never forget those ugly sweaters he wore while on the bench sitting out his first few games. Lol

Reaction Score
Drummond. Anybody remember the blue and white scrimmage fall after NC when he tried (and missed) full court passes to himself for dunks? That team was disjointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom