UConn projected 2.6 wins, rated 124th in Brad Powers’ 2021 CFB Power Rankings and Preview | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn projected 2.6 wins, rated 124th in Brad Powers’ 2021 CFB Power Rankings and Preview

Reaction Score
TBH, I'm taking these lines with a grain of salt at this point. They're going to change once we get closer to the season and during the season. The only one I really see staying consistent is Clemson. But I still would like to go to that game.
If you book now, you might be able to stay at their convention center. That is a really nice place. Have stayed there several times for conferences. You might even be able to book a tee time for the morning of the game.

Reaction Score
I'm calling it now.... I say we take out Vandy at Vandy.... and we will beat Yale....there's others I believe we may very well pull out, but I'm not going to say anything about those.... just yet... these particular 2 mentioned kinda ticked me off...

Since Vandy went 0 for 9 last year...not a brash call.

Reaction Score
I’m guessing some don’t know how to handle UConn in their models so it’s a best guess @ this early point in time (obviously some are closer to eventual reality than others, i.e. Clemson).

Even Bill Connelly is struggling in his 2021 SP+ projections w/ regards to UConn:

-> "A quick note: For the three FBS teams that canceled their fall seasons (Old Dominion, UConn and New Mexico State), I am using last year's preseason projections as a placeholder. After their rosters are updated this spring, and after I've had a chance to tinker with some different approaches, I'll produce more 2021-specific projections for the Monarchs, Huskies and Aggies in August." <-

Reaction Score
Since Vandy went 0 for 9 last year...not a brash call.
Pretty brash when 3 of those loses were by less than a touchdown to Texas &M, Mississippi State and Kentucky. UConn's last game in 2019 was a 32 point loss to Temple.
I know UConn has been winning practice every day, but I think other schools have been practicing also (and some even played games in 2020).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Anything better than 128 is a gift. Prognosticators have no 2020 data upon which to base any sort of opinion for UConn, ODU, and NMSU.

You know who should be ticked off? Akron, UTEP, UL-M, Bowling Green, and UMass. Poorly or not, they all played games last season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Vandy did come within a TD of two teams who, themselves, had losing records...The Aggie game was the opener and an anomaly of sorts...3 Aggie fumbles and a penalty that caused a Safety...

The Commodores also lost to 3-7 Tennessee by 25
to 5-5 Mississippi by 33
to 2-8 S. Carolina by 33
to 5-5 LSU by 33

losing by 33 was a Vandy thing.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Looking at those lines.... I would say if there is anyone who would actually take your bet on those lines, there is money to be made. Those lines are based on how UConn played in 2019. They seem fair if you assume UConn is the same team now that it was in 2019.

I don't love Edsall...I think he struggles to evolve with the game....I get frustrated with his "kids are different today" whining....I think he is stubborn...I think he blames the players too much. He isn't media savvy or fan friendly. Yes the first few years of RE2.0 were horrendous...and it felt like he could have found a way to rebuild the team without making them one of the worst teams ever in FBS history.

But...he knows how to build a team (slowly). He recruits quality kids. He knows how to develop strong well conditioned players. He gets the most out of the players. His teams generally perform above expectations.

I truly believe the 2021 Huskies will be significantly better than they were in 2019. If the 2021 results happen according to those betting lines, he should be fired mid season. But I don't see that happening. Edsall may not be the coach to get UConn back into the top 25,, but I also don't think he is the coach who loses to Yale.

Reaction Score
Looking at those lines.... I would say if there is anyone who would actually take your bet on those lines, there is money to be made. Those lines are based on how UConn played in 2019. They seem fair if you assume UConn is the same team now that it was in 2019.

I don't love Edsall...I think he struggles to evolve with the game....I get frustrated with his "kids are different today" whining....I think he is stubborn...I think he blames the players too much. He isn't media savvy or fan friendly. Yes the first few years of RE2.0 were horrendous...and it felt like he could have found a way to rebuild the team without making them one of the worst teams ever in FBS history.

But...he knows how to build a team (slowly). He recruits quality kids. He knows how to develop strong well conditioned players. He gets the most out of the players. His teams generally perform above expectations.

I truly believe the 2021 Huskies will be significantly better than they were in 2019. If the 2021 results happen according to those betting lines, he should be fired mid season. But I don't see that happening. Edsall may not be the coach to get UConn back into the top 25,, but I also don't think he is the coach who loses to Yale.
When Edsall was here the first time UConn was always a great bet... I think we might be at that point again in terms of covering spreads

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I want the money line on that Fresno game.

Reaction Score
people on here talking about “respect”?

this model is giving UConn too much respect, in my opinion.

I’d be shocked if UConn won more than two games.

as long as we don’t lose to Yale and Holy Cross - and we fire Edsall at some point - I’ll call this season a success and move on

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We all know 2021 will result in the “Told You So’s”from either the haters-doubters or the apologists-eternally patient crowd. We don’t need a conference - all the tension is built right into our own fanbase.

As for prognosticators - anyone predicting more than 2 wins is out of their gourd considering we skipped 2020 and our what the world saw from us in 2018 and 2019. But I am referring to pro and objective prognosticators - which are very different from fan bases. Fans are supposed to have rosy ideas about the season. Fans are supposed to dream up scenarios for a better results. Scientific me says 2 to 3 wins, fan me says 5 to 6 wins, 7 would be a dreamboat. Four would be the murky middle.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score

as long as we don’t lose to Yale and Holy Cross - and we fire Edsall at some point - I’ll call this season a success and move on
Please explain to the rest of us why you don't see any improvement in wins from 2 years ago.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Seriously? Shocked if they won more than two games with that schedule?

You really are in a dark place with UConn football.

Reaction Score
I see four wins and an opportunity to pick up a fifth....six wins would take pulling off a big upset vs the odds line.

Reaction Score
Seriously? Shocked if they won more than two games with that schedule?

You really are in a dark place with UConn football.

What wins do you see other than Holy Cross and Yale?

Reaction Score
Seems like expectations can't be fully set until after the HC game. At that point we should know if the team stinks or if they can be competitive in most other games. But seeing as they haven't played a real game in quite a while, no one can really know what to expect of them.

Everyone just needs to relax while we wait and see how things play out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom