UConn projected 2.6 wins, rated 124th in Brad Powers’ 2021 CFB Power Rankings and Preview | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn projected 2.6 wins, rated 124th in Brad Powers’ 2021 CFB Power Rankings and Preview

Reaction Score
GT Game was an avalanche of turnovers and quick 3 and outs. Randy will take all the air out of the ball to try to keep the score somewhat respectable. He’ll have no delusions that he can win the game like some of those other teams may have.

So...no change in strategy....seems like that has been the coach's strategy for a while in games. I suspect a 30 point win based on UConn having difficulty with Clemson's passing attack...(#6 in Passing Offense last season.)

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
People are surprised by this?
Yes...I am surprised by some of the lines...

@ Fresno +19
Holy Cross -2
@ Purdue +27
@ Army +22
Wyoming +17
@ Vanderbilt +10
@ UMass -5
Yale +4
MTSU +5
@ Clemson +54
@ UCF +32
Houston +20

Surprising lines.... Holy Cross... Yale...army.... Wyoming....UCF.

Reaction Score
Yes...I am surprised by some of the lines...

@ Fresno +19
Holy Cross -2
@ Purdue +27
@ Army +22
Wyoming +17
@ Vanderbilt +10
@ UMass -5
Yale +4
MTSU +5
@ Clemson +54
@ UCF +32
Houston +20

Surprising lines.... Holy Cross... Yale...army.... Wyoming....UCF.
UConn has HCRE2.0 and they don't. Media underestimating UConn's eye discipline and ability to execute HCRE2.0's high powered offense and stingy defense.

Reaction Score
UConn is what they have recruited...

...the 2021 class may not be able to contribute early....16 commits... ..five 3 stars

....the 2000 class...25 commits.....3 three stars....

.....the 1999 class...16 commits....11 three stars

57 commits....nineteen 3 stars...no 4 stars.

That usually means development is a must. Where athleticism is foremost is at QB, WR, defensive backs, and D line.

Reaction Score
We won the G D NY Times National Championship! No respect at all!

Reaction Score
The only way UConn covers is if Clemson goes up 30+ in the first half and then shuts it down the second half and plays 2nd and 3rd teams. They would put 70+ on us if they wanted.
They could put 100 on us if they wanted but that’s not how it works. Any team getting 50 is worth a bet, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
They could put 100 on us if they wanted but that’s not how it works. Any team getting 50 is worth a bet, in my opinion.

Maybe worth a bet...With Clemson's final game and hated in-state rival only two weeks away...I would bet that Clemson pulls players when comfortably ahead.

Reaction Score
Clemson will be our 10th game of the season on Nov 13 (and we'll be coming off a double-bye after Middle Tennessee on Oct 23), so we'll be well-rested and have a better sense of how competent of a team we have at that point.

Conventional wisdom says we'll get destroyed start to finish but maybe we hang around for a little while, or get a couple scores at garbage time if they're up by 50-60 and have their 3rd stringers in.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Imagine if we hold them for 3 quarters and they have to come from behind to beat us. Or what happen if we win? Either way, the outsiders view of the program changes - who wouldn't want that opportunity?

Reaction Score
Maybe worth a bet...With Clemson's final game and hated in-state rival only two weeks away...I would bet that Clemson pulls players when comfortably ahead.
I don’t think it matters when in the season the game is - Clemson will start resting starters in second half. And UCONN will keep first string out there until probably 3 or 4 minutes left. Clemson can be up 65-0 in first half and still not cover. A ton has to go right to cover a 50+ point spread.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It means that most of our players have one less year of experience.
True but they are a year older and stronger than the year that people are basing their projections on.

I have no freaking idea how UConn is going look this year. I'm worried.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
True but they are a year older and stronger than the year that people are basing their projections on.

So is everyone else.
True but Connecticut was a relatively young team. A year of development and weight training may make a meaningful difference.

Or it may not.

Reaction Score
That would be great if other teams didn’t train and develop as well. I figure they can’t be worse and I’m always optimistic.

Reaction Score
I get what you are saying....but UConn was in a unique position. They had FCS talent and players were playing without redshirting and were physically underdeveloped. They also didn't have a lot of upperclassmen talent whose leaving would make an impact.

I think it's fair to assume that purely from a physical standpoint they will be much better....from an X's and O's standpoint...who knows.

But physically alone, they have to be better.
That is for sure. But I don’t think we have ever seen a team essentially keep its roster intact, add 30 more players to it, and skip a year.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight, people here think a year away from doing your job you are going to come back and be better at doing your job than people who were doing their job for an entire year? Some here will say, but they've been practicing... didn't you learn anything from the great Allen Iverson.

Reaction Score
So let me get this straight, people here think a year away from doing your job you are going to come back and be better at doing your job than people who were doing their job for an entire year? Some here will say, but they've been practicing... didn't you learn anything from the great Allen Iverson.
No substitute for in game reps. We are deluding ourselves if we think otherwise. However, we might be a bit bigger and stronger which won’t hurt the cause.

polycom

Reaction Score
No substitute for in game reps. We are deluding ourselves if we think otherwise. However, we might be a bit bigger and stronger which won’t hurt the cause.

They may or may not help on the field.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
To be clear....I believe UConn will be better this fall than they were in 2019. Because I think the 2019 team was forced to play underdeveloped young kids who shouldn't have been playing. I believe they now have better players...and they are more developed players. That's why I say they will be better in 2021 than they were in 2019. And why I say they shouldn't be an underdog to Yale.

I am NOT saying they are a better team for not playing in 2020. The team would be better if they had played in 2020. But that wasnt the question....the question is is there a reason to believe the 2021 football team will be better than the 2019 football team. And I say yes because of their unique circumstances of having such a young team in 2019.

polycom

Reaction Score
To be clear....I believe UConn will be better this fall than they were in 2019. Because I think the 2019 team was forced to play underdeveloped young kids who shouldn't have been playing. I believe they now have better players...and they are more developed players. That's why I say they will be better in 2021 than they were in 2019. And why I say they shouldn't be an underdog to Yale.

I am NOT saying they are a better team for not playing in 2020. The team would be better if they had played in 2020. But that wasnt the question....the question is is there a reason to believe the 2021 football team will be better than the 2019 football team. And I say yes because of their unique circumstances of having such a young team in 2019.

So I disagree with this...I think they might be bigger strong faster but they aren't going to be better football players. They didn't play for a year. Watching film and Oklahoma drill can only help you get so much better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom