UConn Path to the Big Dance? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Path to the Big Dance?

Reaction Score
If some issues get resolved...the dominoes will fall.
Carlton has to work on winning the pass down low and remove the gorilla glue off his sneakers
Cobb has to get his head in the circle. Can you please do this for crying our loud?
Continue to improve. It is actually pretty amazing what has happened in such a short time with a new coaching staff and style. The shots will fall, and chaos will cause problems for most teams.

Reaction Score
The win over Cuse does not boost our resume at all because Howard did not play and they suck with and without him.

Reaction Score
Love how you guys all think you know the answers and tell each other you’re all wrong

Reaction Score
Man, some of y’all will never be happy about UConn basketball ever again.

I feel sorry for you. Genuinely, I do.

I've never seen a supposed fan so gleeful at the prospect of the demise of this program.

This coming also from the guy who said Hurley would never come here and KO was the best we could do.

Reaction Score
Finding the ability to play well without a lineup of 4 guards on the floor plus any other so called big man. When we play a team with talent the Adams, Vital, Gilbert, Smith lineup winds up getting destroyed. 2 guards plus Sid and/or Polley, and one or 2 of Cobb, Carlton, Yakwe or Diarra would be a lineup that may be able to play Cinci or Houston. The shrimp lineup is not cutting it against good competition plus other than Adams they are not good free throw shooters.

Reaction Score
Mr. 4hunnid Jalen Adams needs to step up or we won’t even win 10 games in conference play. I worry about going on the road as well. USF could be a surprising loss given our lack of road experience.

Reaction Score
Mr. 4hunnid Jalen Adams needs to step up or we won’t even win 10 games in conference play. I worry about going on the road as well. USF could be a surprising loss given our lack of road experience.

@ USF is a neutral court

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I've never seen a supposed fan so gleeful at the prospect of the demise of this program.

This coming also from the guy who said Hurley would never come here and KO was the best we could do.

Laughing at your impossible standards — which will never be met — is completely different from “being gleeful at the prospect of the demise of this program.”

Furthermore, I wanted KO fired no later than the Arkansas game last year, and anything otherwise is a bald-faced lie on your part.

Regardless, I rest my case; UConn basketball will never be able to make you happy again. I truly feel bad for you on that score, more so than you will ever know.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
ESPN BPI has UConn finishing 18-13 going 9-9 in conference, which seems very conservative and likely the result of poor play v. Villanova pulling down the ranking.

If they want any shot at a at-large they need the following:

@ USF - Win
v. UCF - Win
v. SMU - Win
@ Cincy - Loss
@ Tulsa - Win
v. Tulane - Win
v. Wichita St. - Win
@ UCF - Loss
v. ECU - Win
@ Temple - Loss
@ Memphis - Win
v. Houston - Win
@ SMU - Loss
v. Cincy - Win
@ Wichita St. - Win
v. USF - Win
v. Temple - Win
@ ECU - Win

14-4 record

The difference between at-large and NIT is going to come down to the bolded games i.e. protecting home court against Cincy/Houston/UCF/Temple. Outside those games, I'm assuming they lose again all 4 on the road plus an SMU loss. Memphis/Wichita St. could prove to be tough as well, but those are the big 4 that will ultimately determine their fate in March. Worst case scenario 3-1 in these games and pick up a win elsewhere on the road. It's a tight window to say the least.
I bet you have lots of pleasant dreams. Going 7-1 in their last 8 games; you are planning on major improvement. This is a mediocre team that could go 8-8

Reaction Score
OK with an NIT bid versus where we played in the post season the last two years? I'm OK with that. @ucp990411 no one is settling, people are saying some post season is better than none. If Hurley is about a .500 coach after 11 years then I will be disappointed.
I wonder if DH will be “fine” with an nit bid?

Reaction Score
It depends on how we are playing in February. The last ten games will decide our fate.

Reaction Score

Agree with your rationalization on things here. If you're not concerned about the USF game next week after 11 days off and the trip being in Florida then you didn't watch UConn with very good teams play down there back in the day vs Miami or anyone else. And with a couple of our guys yikes, scary we need them to change. Hence my prediction on 11 wins best - guessing we lose twice to Cincy they're just too tough for us even though they're not great offensively. UCF we've had luck against but somehow I don't see it this year they have solid bigs who hammer the boards although I haven't seen them that much and know they are inconsistent. I know it was mentioned these teams aren't as good as Nova Florida State but I disagree. The FSU we played was dying for us to beat them and we didn't. No Cofer too so they might get better now that he's back but they weren't very good. Love well we made them look great in the 2nd half along with their hot hand but thats the best you will see, they are also capable to losing to Penn and worst. We are equal at best to the likes of WSU, SMU and a couple others so splits. We could lose to anyone on a given night if we compete like Nova 2nd half and Houston probably better.

11-7 would be wonderful that's all I can say! If better that's means someone stepped up their game, more than one guy too - I hope I'm wrong.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Agree with your rationalization on things here. If you're not concerned about the USF game next week after 11 days off and the trip being in Florida then you didn't watch UConn with very good teams play down there back in the day vs Miami or anyone else. And with a couple of our guys yikes, scary we need them to change. Hence my prediction on 11 wins best - guessing we lose twice to Cincy they're just too tough for us even though they're not great offensively. UCF we've had luck against but somehow I don't see it this year they have solid bigs who hammer the boards although I haven't seen them that much and know they are inconsistent. I know it was mentioned these teams aren't as good as Nova Florida State but I disagree. The FSU we played was dying for us to beat them and we didn't. No Cofer too so they might get better now that he's back but they weren't very good. Love well we made them look great in the 2nd half along with their hot hand but thats the best you will see, they are also capable to losing to Penn and worst. We are equal at best to the likes of WSU, SMU and a couple others so splits. We could lose to anyone on a given night if we compete like Nova 2nd half and Houston probably better.

11-7 would be wonderful that's all I can say! If better that's means someone stepped up their game, more than one guy too - I hope I'm wrong.
Equal at best to Wichita State who lost to Louisiana Tech and beat Jacksonville St by 3 and SMU who lost to Lipscomb? That is a freezing cold take.

Reaction Score
Equal at best to Wichita State who lost to Louisiana Tech and beat Jacksonville St by 3 and SMU who lost to Lipscomb? That is a freezing cold take.

Lipscomb beat TCU also and Vermont by 25 they’re a solid team. If Adams plays like he has then we aren’t better than WSU or SMU by enough, or if at all, to assure much more than a split is my point.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
History of the program.

Does 'history of the program' win games ont the court? If so, somebody should have told the guys the last few years.

Let's channel the ghost of Emeka Okafor to lock down the post in conference play.

Reaction Score
Does 'history of the program' win games ont the court? If so, somebody should have told the guys the last few years.

Let's channel the ghost of Emeka Okafor to lock down the post in conference play.
Geez can’t somebody be dissappointed that the program we love has fallen to the level that the majority of the fans are fine with an nit bid?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Win games, beat a few good teams, avoid bad losses. They've been avoiding those losses to bad teams this year, that's a good first step

Their resume may not be perfect, it will have blemishes, just like the resumes of 1/2 of the at large bids

Reaction Score
I am going out on a limb and will guarantee that does not happen.
Agreed!! I think this is why the conference pushed so hard to have everyone call it "The American" instead of using the initials.

Reaction Score
Last year we were a very bad shooting team. Aside from Gilbert doing better who did we add that changes that?

Reaction Score

More like this! Ray, Rip, Kemba, and Bazz too!

Reaction Score
I think it’s been said enough but if we don’t win the conference, we better beat cincy 2x and Houston and lose 1-2 road games. Looking at the braketology on ESPN, UCF is one of the last 4 in, so logically, we beat them 2x, dont lose the easy ones, upset cincy and Houston, we should be good.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Geez can’t somebody be dissappointed that the program we love has fallen to the level that the majority of the fans are fine with an nit bid?

My point is was, personnel is what it is at this point, and it's not built to be a tournament team without significant luck.

So having NCAA expectations is foolhardy for this year. Hurley came in late and did the best he could this year under the circumstances.

No need to fret in a year where we are still handicapped.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
My point is was, personnel is what it is at this point, and it's not built to be a tournament team without significant luck.

So having NCAA expectations is foolhardy for this year. Hurley came in late and did the best he could this year under the circumstances.

No need to fret in a year where we are still handicapped.

It’s almost as if people would expect 5 BY posters in UConn jerseys to get an at-large bid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom