UConn Path to the Big Dance? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Path to the Big Dance?

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
We need to defend our homecourt in conference. Going 8-1 (Or 9-0) at home along with no bad losses on the road, would put us around 13-5 or 14-4. That will give us a chance going into AACT

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
14-4 in conference puts us at 23-8 heading into the conf tourney. That’d give us a better shot than many here are saying
Without beating Cincy, Houston, or UCF a few times and Syracuse rebounding then that’d be bubble territory I’m guessing.

Reaction Score
I know it sounds cliché, but just worry about the next game. I remember a team that out of the tournament took that attitude and won five games in five days. You never know. We've had players emerge late in the season (Deandre Daniels, Jeremy Lamb, Toriano Walker....). Let's let it play out.

Reaction Score
We need to have a solid conference season and finish 1 or 2 in the conference or tourney. We have to pass the eye test and look like a tourney team with a tourney coach.
Biggest positives this season is effort and the improvement of Vital. Realistically, an NIT bid would be fine.

xclamations

Windy city
Reaction Score
I believe they were 12-6 in the AAC during the 2013-2014 season.
Ohh you're right. Well without Louisville around i think it's doable again. Should be no worse than that every season. Hate this situation. But Hurley is a good start. Hoping the football gets better soon

Reaction Score
We need to have a solid conference season and finish 1 or 2 in the conference or tourney. We have to pass the eye test and look like a tourney team with a tourney coach.
Biggest positives this season is effort and the improvement of Vital. Realistically, an NIT bid would be fine.
Unbelievable to me that some on this board think an NIT bid is “fine”. NO it is not!

Reaction Score
I said before the Nova game that it would take 15 conference wins (including Tournament) for an at-large bid, I still believe that is true.

Unless something changes quickly in the intelligence of play we're getting from the backcourt and the toughness of the frontcourt, that's just not realistic.

Reaction Score
I think the key is to go into the conference tournament with less than 10 losses. That’d have to be 22-9 at a minimum so 13-5 in conference play. That’s not likely but also not far fetched. This team has the guys to compete for a bid but as of right now, I’d say it’s more likely than not to miss the NCAAs without a conference tournament championship.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable to me that some on this board think an NIT bid is “fine”. NO it is not!
An NIT bid would be an improvement because for one thing it mean a winning record and that is something we haven't had for a few years. If you are expecting an NCAA bid with this group you will be be sadly disappointed.

Reaction Score
An NIT bid would be an improvement because for one thing it mean a winning record and that is something we haven't had for a few years. If you are expecting an NCAA bid with this group you will be be sadly disappointed.
Program that has won four national championships in the last 19 years should not be fine with a freakin nit bid.

Reaction Score
Program that has won four national championships in the last 19 years should not be fine with a freakin nit bid.
I am not expecting an NCAA bid. That does not mean I ok with not getting one. I am disappointed in where the program is. Those that are Ok with an nit bid are settling. Must believe every kid deserves a trophy. I coached High School hoops for 11 years and we were about 500 and believe me every loss killed me even losing to the # 1 team in the state. That is one reason I don’t coach anymore. The losses killed me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Those that are Ok with an nit bid are settling.
Or are they realists? It is an attainable, though not guaranteed, goal for this year. It will give next year's returning players post-season experience. That's a good thing.

Reaction Score
This is where we are. Change isn't going to happen overnight at least not with this group.

Reaction Score
This is where we are. Change isn't going to happen overnight at least not with this group.
What’s most disappointing is the fact that the program has fallen so much that most would be pleased with the nit. I know it will take a while to get back to the level we were at. Hopefully we have the right guy.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Man, some of y’all will never be happy about UConn basketball ever again.

I feel sorry for you. Genuinely, I do.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I am not expecting an NCAA bid. That does not mean I ok with not getting one. I am disappointed in where the program is. Those that are Ok with an nit bid are settling. Must believe every kid deserves a trophy. I coached High School hoops for 11 years and we were about 500 and believe me every loss killed me even losing to the # 1 team in the state. That is one reason I don’t coach anymore. The losses killed me.
OK with an NIT bid versus where we played in the post season the last two years? I'm OK with that. @ucp990411 no one is settling, people are saying some post season is better than none. If Hurley is about a .500 coach after 11 years then I will be disappointed.

Reaction Score
This isnt the group that was ever going to make a post season run. Substantial improvement (say 20 wins) along with an NIT bid to give the guys a feel for post season play would be just fine. I have always belived that next season will be the one where UConn breaks through and becomes relevant again on the national scene. Once Hurley gets us back to being ranked and playing in the big dance we are going to stay there for a long time. Unfortunately, that may be a year late by the expectations of some. Me? I'll take the Dance in year 2, with very good prospects of sustained success.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom