UConn parts ways with Zach Brown | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn parts ways with Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What's sad about this situation is Zach seems like a good kid who has talent that can be developed, but is immature and hasn't learned to control his anger.

I hope someone can get through to him and help him realize his potential on and off the court.

The player who might be most analogous is Antonio Kellogg.

Not a bad kid, but came up in such a rough environment that he never stopped fighting the world even when the world didn't need fighting for the moment. I'm not sure a couple of years with an AAU sugar daddy is enough time for Zach Brown to settle in, but it seems like it hasn't been - I wouldn't even call it immaturity, I'd just call it the result of growing up in an extremely disadvantaged circumstance.

Hard for us to really relate - you're right, it is sad. Hopefully, he gets through.

Reaction Score
The player who might be most analogous is Antonio Kellogg.

Not a bad kid, but came up in such a rough environment that he never stopped fighting the world even when the world didn't need fighting for the moment. I'm not sure a couple of years with an AAU sugar daddy is enough time for Zach Brown to settle in, but it seems like it hasn't been - I wouldn't even call it immaturity, I'd just call it the result of growing up in an extremely disadvantaged circumstance.

Hard for us to really relate - you're right, it is sad. Hopefully, he gets through.

Well stated Fishy. The problem I see here for the kid now is he needed Kevin Ollie the person as much as the coach. Now he may indeed end up with a coach who cares less for him as a person and more for him as a basketball player. They are out there, I just hope he hooks up with the right one to enable him to find the right path.

Reaction Score
Well stated Fishy. The problem I see here for the kid now is he needed Kevin Ollie the person as much as the coach. Now he may indeedu end up with a coach who cares less for him as a person and more for him as a basketball player. They are out there, I just hope he hooks up with the right one to enable him to find the right path.

Yeah, problem is this kid will probably make more mistakes as he is growing as a person. And it seems like we can't whither the storm of negative press as some other programs. KO is exactly what he needs.

Reaction Score
I'm going to be very interested to see where Brown ends up playing when it is all said and done.
probably the Florida Penal Basketball league. He has trouble written all over him. Seems that the UC staff took some advice from the "cow town" [Putnam Science Academy] head coach Tom Espinosa, and decided that Zach Brown was not worth the trouble. Yeah, you can't teach height, but you can recognize, and avoid problems, and Brown is a problem waiting to happen. Just when it looks that the program is making advances, i.e. classroom work, you want to add a potential 7 diaster in waiting. Nope KO and the staff did the right thing here.

Reaction Score
probably the Florida Penal Basketball league. He has trouble written all over him. Seems that the UC staff took some advice from the "cow town" [Putnam Science Academy] head coach Tom Espinosa, and decided that Zach Brown was not worth the trouble. Yeah, you can't teach height, but you can recognize, and avoid problems, and Brown is a problem waiting to happen. Just when it looks that the program is making advances, i.e. classroom work, you want to add a potential 7 diaster in waiting. Nope KO and the staff did the right thing here.
Classy.

Reaction Score
Classy.
May not sound classy, but it's called problem avoidance. Let's be serious, this was not a Caron Butler case. This was case of a player going through 3 schools, coming to CT. violating PSA's rules and regulations, and expecting to get a pass, because of his athletic status. SURPRISE, PSA [Putnam Science Academy] dropped him because they recognized he was more trouble than they wanted to deal with, and KO and the CT staff saw the same thing. He's not coming, let him be someone else problem, not UC's.

Reaction Score
May not sound classy, but it's called problem avoidance. Let's be serious, this was not a Caron Butler case. This was case of a player going through 3 schools, coming to CT. violating PSA's rules and regulations, and expecting to get a pass, because of his athletic status. SURPRISE, PSA [Putnam Science Academy] dropped him because they recognized he was more trouble than they wanted to deal with, and KO and the CT staff saw the same thing. He's not coming, let him be someone else problem, not UC's.
Sure, that definitely justifies saying he will probably play prison basketball.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Sweet speculation brah

Reaction Score
Imagine we know very little and can only speculate about what transpired between KO and this kid. And now he's playing hoops in jail? Only on the BY.

If you saw his story you can only wish the best for this kid, he was up against it like most of us can never imagine.

Reaction Score
Earth to 7774, have3 you ever heard the term 'SARCASM'. Guess not

I'm sure when you read it to yourself out loud it sounded very sarcastic. Keep in mind that we don't get to hear that.

Reaction Score

Appreciate the reply to straighten it out but it was easily misinterpreted so even 7774 who is a vulture on most replies, should be excused.

Reaction Score
I have heard the term. You should probably have someone explain to you what falls into the category of sarcasm, because nothing you said qualifies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom