UConn parts ways with Zach Brown

Discussion in 'UConn Men's Basketball' started by kylemac, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paesano

Paesano

Check the ESPN site genius. 247 hasn't updated in over a week. Your hard on to get into a pissing contest with me has you acting like a total moron. ESPN dropped Diallo to 14 and jumped Brown up to 25. If you have proof these rankings ON ESPN (Syracuse's propaganda arm) were the same a few days ago, great, I will admit my memory was wrong. Otherwise, smarten up and shut your pie hole.

2. BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

It is as easy to stay eligible at Harvard as it is at any other school. Some of the guts taken by athletes would blow your mind. In my experience, the better the school, the less they give a flying f___ about grades.

3. Tenspro2002

Tenspro2002

Brimah gives effort, yes, and he's a positive influence on the bench and in the locker room (some pejoratively call him a cheerleader), but that doesn't equate to toughness.

Toughness, as I view it, means you make your opponent work, you're not easily pushed around, you make effort/intelligence plays that deflate your opponent and provide a lift to your guys. It boils down to a combination of physical toughness, BBIQ, and mental toughness.

Brimah may give good effort, but his poor BBIQ and physical limitations means he's more often on the wrong side of those big momentum-swinging plays.

4. 7774

Damn, I forgot who I was dealing with for a minute. Obviously the average idiot would be able to figure out that if the composite rankings didn't change, the individual rankings that make up the composite probably didn't change either. Clearly there was no way you were ever going to be able to connect those dots, and for that I'm the idiot.

Here's a link to the wayback machine where you can see snapshots of ESPN's 2017 top 60 throughout time. You can see that their rankings haven't changed in months. Sorry for providing my information that "hasn't been updated in over a week".

Internet Archive Wayback Machine

5. Paesano

Paesano

First, if a component of an average is changed, and the average hasn't been updated since the change, then they are not correlated until the update is made. Pointing to an average that is not constantly updated is not proof that its components haven't changed.

But, yes, it does seem that my recollection of their ratings was wrong. I was probably remembering a different website and erroneously comparing it to ESPN. So, yep, you got me. Data is data. Maybe I should have been clear that I was looking at ESPN so you could have used this data from the get go instead of 247.

6. Fishy

Fishy Puncher of Throats

The player who might be most analogous is Antonio Kellogg.

Not a bad kid, but came up in such a rough environment that he never stopped fighting the world even when the world didn't need fighting for the moment. I'm not sure a couple of years with an AAU sugar daddy is enough time for Zach Brown to settle in, but it seems like it hasn't been - I wouldn't even call it immaturity, I'd just call it the result of growing up in an extremely disadvantaged circumstance.

Hard for us to really relate - you're right, it is sad. Hopefully, he gets through.

7. mauconnfan

mauconnfan

Well stated Fishy. The problem I see here for the kid now is he needed Kevin Ollie the person as much as the coach. Now he may indeed end up with a coach who cares less for him as a person and more for him as a basketball player. They are out there, I just hope he hooks up with the right one to enable him to find the right path.

8. uchusky32

uchusky32

Yeah, problem is this kid will probably make more mistakes as he is growing as a person. And it seems like we can't whither the storm of negative press as some other programs. KO is exactly what he needs.

9. CTFIRERETIRED

CTFIRERETIRED

probably the Florida Penal Basketball league. He has trouble written all over him. Seems that the UC staff took some advice from the "cow town" [Putnam Science Academy] head coach Tom Espinosa, and decided that Zach Brown was not worth the trouble. Yeah, you can't teach height, but you can recognize, and avoid problems, and Brown is a problem waiting to happen. Just when it looks that the program is making advances, i.e. classroom work, you want to add a potential 7 diaster in waiting. Nope KO and the staff did the right thing here.

10. 7774

Classy.

Tommyboy, Rico444, BUHusky and 5 others like this.
  11. CTFIRERETIRED

CTFIRERETIRED

May not sound classy, but it's called problem avoidance. Let's be serious, this was not a Caron Butler case. This was case of a player going through 3 schools, coming to CT. violating PSA's rules and regulations, and expecting to get a pass, because of his athletic status. SURPRISE, PSA [Putnam Science Academy] dropped him because they recognized he was more trouble than they wanted to deal with, and KO and the CT staff saw the same thing. He's not coming, let him be someone else problem, not UC's.

12. 7774

Sure, that definitely justifies saying he will probably play prison basketball.

13. krinklecut

krinklecut Class of '11

Sweet speculation brah

14. donyell34

donyell34

Kind of tough on the kid fireman. No need to be. We wish him well.

mauconnfan likes this.
  15. husky99

husky99

Why is this,thread still going

lange10, Jluc, uchusky32 and 2 others like this.
  16. mauconnfan

mauconnfan

Imagine we know very little and can only speculate about what transpired between KO and this kid. And now he's playing hoops in jail? Only on the BY.

If you saw his story you can only wish the best for this kid, he was up against it like most of us can never imagine.

CAHUSKY and David 76 like this.
  17. CTFIRERETIRED

CTFIRERETIRED

Earth to 7774, have3 you ever heard the term 'SARCASM'. Guess not

mauconnfan likes this.
  18. Leebo

Leebo

I'm sure when you read it to yourself out loud it sounded very sarcastic. Keep in mind that we don't get to hear that.

19. mauconnfan

mauconnfan

Appreciate the reply to straighten it out but it was easily misinterpreted so even 7774 who is a vulture on most replies, should be excused.

20. 7774

I have heard the term. You should probably have someone explain to you what falls into the category of sarcasm, because nothing you said qualifies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.