UConn parts ways with Zach Brown

Discussion in 'UConn Men's Basketball' started by kylemac, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KemBuckets21

KemBuckets21

Count me in as surprised. It's been a tumultuous few months for Brown, but I thought the reason he wanted to come to UConn was for the "family atmosphere" and stability that is promoted and that he seemed to have been lacking in his own life. I don't see him at one of the one and done factories. Maybe he'll go to UF or Miami to be closer to his family.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I'm real disappointed by this I was stoked to get a kid of his size I get circumstances weren't great but I was hopeful he'd turn it around I'll never get grown men bashing 17 year olds on this site

Butch, WideRight!, CAHUSKY and 4 others like this.
  3. 3for3

3for3 4for4!!!!!!

Prince Ali, Moe Harkless come to mind immediately.

Chin Diesel likes this.
  4. Worldwide

Worldwide

Kinda hard to say anything like that on this board as you risk getting flamed for negative comments. It's a catch 22. Say what you really feel and have BY go bonkers calling saying your not a real fan. Honestly, who didn't see this coming but posting it is just not worth the headache. Wish the board was actually a discussion board.

Vancat and BUConn10 like this.
  5. Leebo

Leebo

You don't seem to be making a distinction between a simple discussion of the facts of what the staff is doing and discussions about what they should be doing. In the case of ZB, no one should have an issue with people merely discussing what the staff appears to be doing, and I didn't see anyone having an issue with it. If people felt that they wanted to talk about why the staff should or shouldn't have backed off of him, it can be done without hurtful speculation.

uconnell likes this.
  6. dennismenace

dennismenace ONE MORE CAST

Kind of a disappointment but I agree that there was a growing uncertainty on this young man by the posts on this board.
    We knew he had a troubled background. Big move from Fla to New England. Trouble in school etc. This shows instability
    which of course is "normal" coming from a dysfunctional background. I think the rigors of playing basketball at the UConn
    level requires pretty much "all you got" and it is going to be hard. You can only give a kid so much support. I have a feeling
    that others have strongly suspected this and perhaps didn't want to post it all over the place while the kid was still a commit.
    I really hope he gets the help perhaps that he needs and finds a place where he can grow and become stable. Sounds like KO
    and staff were cooperative and, being a family, wished him the best in finding the family where he can shine. Looks like he
    could have a bright future if he can get what he needs so he can find himself and give it all he has inside.

fleudslipcon likes this.
  7. nomar

nomar

Huh? Plenty of people expressed their concern about ZB's recruitment and expressed skepticism that he would ever be a Husky. Nobody got flamed.

fleudslipcon likes this.
  8. huskyinfl

huskyinfl

Hope for the best for Z Brown. Might be better for him to be closer to home with a support network.

Running clean is important to me.

dennismenace and huskyharry like this.
  9. BUConn10

BUConn10 Artist formerly known as BUHusky10

This development is disappointing, wish him well. Personally I never expected to see Brown in a UConn jersey after seeing the Vice doc on him, but we all know those types of sentiments can't be expressed on the Boneyard: the official UConn discussion board.

10. James

James

I was always concerned with his purported 'immaturity issues', like punching a ref or getting in a fight with teammates, not to mention his age for being a junior in hs ( 19?).

huskyharry likes this.
  11. 7774

I wish I could find the thread, but there was a post here weeks ago that said we had cooled on Zach and were looking to move on.

12. BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

Other than maybe your boy JimOllie, I can't imagine there are too many people who aren't tired of your incessant whining. You're oppressed because you express stupid thoughts and people call them what they are. We get it.

13. caw

caw

Nearly a month ago it was also mentioned on the other site by Ozzie, easy to find there with the limited traffic on that page

uconnell and 7774 like this.
  14. 7774

Ah thanks, I must have read it there. I just remember it was very specific, and phrased in a way that made it clear the poster wasn't just throwing out some random guess. Makes sense that it was Ozzie.

15. Leebo

Leebo

You don't seem to grasp the concept of "discussion" if you bristle at the idea of people not agreeing with something you toss out here.

16. BUConn10

BUConn10 Artist formerly known as BUHusky10

HAHAHAHA! Have you ever actually expressed a thought of your own? Your 15 minutes of fame here came and went when you got thrown out of that Maryland game, that was your highlight buddy. I welcome you to point out some of my thoughts that you found so stupid Big, please go ahead.

Actually the problem is that there is a dynamic on this board where there's a select group who feel the need to police opinions and thus create an air of hostility where frank discussion about things like ZB cannot occur. This thread is proof of that, so many people saying they saw this coming but when you go back to the original Brown thread no one said anything about it for obvious reasons.

Attached Files:

17. gtcam

gtcam

You and me both on this
    Too many questions too many questionable actions
    Better off without the chance of a real issue at UConn
    I wish the kid luck

Huskies4ever and David 76 like this.
  18. Worldwide

Worldwide

I am talking general. If you say anything contrary to the to the UConn everything is great mind frame it's frowned upon. If you haven't noticed that then I can't help you.

19. Worldwide

Worldwide

In other news Zag just reported it as Brown decommits from UConn. He gets worse every week. Between his misinformed stories, wrong info and spelling mistakes not sure why I am still following him.

20. James

James

Youre still probably convinced enoch should have started all last year, right? despite all those clueless minutes he ticked

21. 7774

You really are confusing people disliking posts because they're negative with people disliking posts because they're thoughtless.

22. UCbcm

UCbcm

I was just gonna say this. No mention that it was a mutual split. The guy is a total joke. Painfully obvious that he is anti-UConn.

rip7774 likes this.
  23. krinklecut

krinklecut Class of '11

What the hell did he even say to warrant this response? Other than your super cool MSG meltdown all you ever bring to this board is being a huge *****. We get it, you're snarky.

Kembacity, KingOPancakes and BUConn10 like this.
  24. Worldwide

Worldwide

I guess you haven't watched the clueless minutes of the people in front of him logged for their careers. Is he a finished product no. Is he our best scoring big, yes. No sense wasting him on the bench when it was quite obvious he is the future.

krinklecut likes this.
  25. krinklecut

krinklecut Class of '11

I don't think he should have started, but he definitely should have gotten more playing time, especially in nothing games and with Brimah out. Can't help but feel like he would have developed more if he saw more minutes.

Worldwide likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.