UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 40 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

Reaction Score
We played 4 top 25 teams. Duke might’ve been #5 if qb stayed healthy. We played 7-8 bowl teams. What’s good competition?
We did not play 4 top 25 teams. We played 2. Most other teams in the country played a lot more and a lot more top 50 teams. Maybe when we played them they were top 25 in the third game of the season. And what the heck are you talking about with Duke's QB. He played 7 games and threw 3 TDs total in those game. He lost 3 games out of 7. They were 7th in the ACC when he went out and probably 70th in the country. And our schedule was 98th in the country in difficulty. It is just insanity the things you say.

NCAAF Strength-of-Schedule Rankings

Reaction Score
I would expect a lot more by the time this period closes, and then a bunch more at the end of the spring.
There are always more players in the portal than there are spots. Some guys always make a poor choice.

Reaction Score
I agree on all you said there and that is sort of my point. Even him, who was well known and all, a very highly recruited player, who performed in FCS, would not have been drafted as high as he now will be and that was solely due to the fact that he was balling in FCS rather than with the big boys. He was well known, doing very well, but still unproven against the best competition. His draft stock and perception of how good he is got a big boost by performing against the best competition. He had around the same stats for sure, but definitely less than last year, but his draft stock went up measurably because he did that against tougher competition. Had he stayed there, he certainly would have been drafted, but even with all his advantages of being well known and all over the place and balling out in FCS, he was still not considered in the same category as he now is.
Phil Simms and Carson Wentz would disagree.

Reaction Score
We did not play 4 top 25 teams. We played 2. Most other teams in the country played a lot more and a lot more top 50 teams. Maybe when we played them they were top 25 in the third game of the season. And what the heck are you talking about with Duke's QB. He played 7 games and threw 3 TDs total in those game. He lost 3 games out of 7. They were 7th in the ACC when he went out and probably 70th in the country. And our schedule was 98th in the country in difficulty. It is just insanity the things you say.

NCAAF Strength-of-Schedule Rankings
It was 3. Nc state, jmu, tn are all top 25. Which G5 played more? Dukes qb got hurt after playing us and while he played, he was a shell of himself. I’m sorry you’re factually flawed rant failed, but no Donald, yelling doesn’t make it more factual.

Reaction Score
Could be the reason Tyjai Hopper got flipped?
JMU plays with two LBs and a Rover which looks to be manned by safety types (5-11 195) Their two-deep at this position had RS-SRs and their Safeties had them in the two-deep as well.

Reaction Score
You guys think we get any more transfers? Or have most signed by now?

Oh yeah. This will be going until June. And guys will enter the portal in spring and then in August too. It never stops.

Reaction Score
Brewton to Middle Tennessee. Hope the check for two dollars and fifty cents in NIL doesn’t bounce
Gotta be honest. That is a parallel move at best for him unless he gets more playing time. He was going to be a change of pace back with Rosa here, and even more so with Edwards emergence after he left.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah. This will be going until June. And guys will enter the portal in spring and then in August too. It never stops.
I hope we get more because I can’t see us improving very much based on losses and gains.

Reaction Score
Brewton to Middle Tennessee. Hope the check for two dollars and fifty cents in NIL doesn’t bounce
Gotta be honest. That is a parallel move at best for him unless he gets more playing time. He was going to be a change of pace back with Rosa here, and even more so with Edwards emergence after he left.
I honestly think his move was a playing time issue. He was second on the depth chart after summer camp. He ran pretty well in the North Carolina State game. He got no further touches after he collided with Burns in that game. He got no carries in the Georga State game. He seem to be at the time our best north /south runner but not as explosion as either Houston or Rosa. I don't think his reads were as good as Houston or Rosa either. Players want to play and I am speculating that he wasn't getting as many reps as he thought he earned during practice. It will be interesting to see how well he does at Middle Tennessee. I will never forget the look on the Clemson fans when Brian took the opening kickoff to the house. For that memory alone, I thank him for coming to Uconn.

Reaction Score
I honestly think his move was a playing time issue. He was second on the depth chart after summer camp. He ran pretty well in the North Carolina State game. He got no further touches after he collided with Burns in that game. He got no carries in the Georga State game. He seem to be at the time our best north /south runner but not as explosion as either Houston or Rosa. I don't think his reads were as good as Houston or Rosa either. Players want to play and I am speculating that he wasn't getting as many reps as he thought he earned during practice. It will be interesting to see how well he does at Middle Tennessee. I will never forget the look on the Clemson fans when Brian took the opening kickoff to the house. For that memory alone, I thank him for coming to Uconn.
All that sounds about right.

Reaction Score

I don’t like it when they ditch midseason like that. I should have left in the summer. He took a bunch of practice reps away from guys that were all in.

Reaction Score
I agree- but the system has created what's in it for me -not the team scenario. The bowl games are a joke now.....lots of players opting out. Everything changes - not always for the better.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I agree- but the system has created what's in it for me -not the team scenario. The bowl games are a joke now.....lots of players opting out. Everything changes - not always for the better.
Bowl games were a waste before but now they are a complete joke. In the bigger bowls, you probably don't even have your starters playing because half opted out And the other half are in the portal

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom