UCONN on Delany's radar | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCONN on Delany's radar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You started strong here. You suggest that I should be disappointed in myself for thinking that I'm a wordsmith. It's different. I commend you, but unfortunately, you are misguided. I never suggested that I am a wordsmith, just that you're ability to craft an insult that is different from any other you try is abysmal.

You keep it going! Insulting my manhood! It's not original, nor does it address that I'm commenting on your inability to form a unique insult for me to laugh at, but at least you are going for the throat now! :) Nor am I suggesting that I am intelligent, just that you have less intellectual capacity than a lobotomy patient.

But, yet, you just can't help yourself. Again with the "we're in different conferences thing?" Come on bugs, you had so much promise! Develop it further. I believe in you!!!!:D

Well, if you want to win the "I'm smarter than you in the insult department" contest ....while I take the "we were wanted by the Big Ten Conference and you weren't" contest....we can call it even.

Reaction Score
[URL='http://post original url/kYCZU8qOxb'][URL='http://post original url/kYCZU8qOxb'][URL='http://post original url/kYCZU8qOxb'][URL='http://post original url/kYCZU8qOxb'][URL='http://post original url/kYCZU8qOxb']Only in Jersey. It's like watching a slow moving car crash, one should look away; but can't. I would love to be a fly on the wall in Rosemont when Delany hears about this story.[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

Well I'm told that he's a genious for signing up a public flagship. A flagship that never wins anything and has been a constant of bad publicity. So he will just need to deal with it and keep counting his cable boxes.

Reaction Score
Well, if you want to win the "I'm smarter than you in the insult department" contest ....while I take the "we were wanted by the Big Ten Conference and you weren't" contest....we can call it even.

Buggsy, no! I'm trying to help you, not win. I want you to be able to stalk our board incessantly, and have something worthwhile to contribute. It just gets boring to read the same canned response about what conference you're in, that's all. You only do one, and its unfortunate. There is so much potential here...

You insulted my manhood, and sure, while that insult loses any offensive force once you enter middle school, it still was growth! I know you can do better than that. There is also an element to add: understanding irony. For instance, having your manhood insulted by an (presumably anyway) adult who trolls the internet message board for a team he doesn't cheer for, and then posts comments designed to get a rise out of those fans. A "real man" doesn't clamor for attention in that way. Its juvenile at best. There is nothing masculine about it. That is why it is funny. See the irony here? I appreciated it anyway. Now that you can see it, utilize it! I believe in you! :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well I'm told that he's a genious for signing up a public flagship. A flagship that never wins anything and has been a constant of bad publicity. So he will just need to deal with it and keep counting his cable boxes.

Dude you have a hard on for Rutgers like Buckaineer has for the ACC. What gives? Did The Situation bang your girlfriend? Did you choke on a sandwich made of chicken tenders and Mozzarella Sticks? You sure spend a lot of time commenting on an entity you find completely irrelevant. Very strange.

Reaction Score
I were Rutgers I would try to find away to turn this grease fire into an inferno. Julie has been a train wreck for them from before she even moved into her office. Since that time she has bungled nearly everything she has touched, and continually put her foot in her mouth. Can her ass, hire a real AD, and then send the Star Ledger a muffin basket as thanks.

Reaction Score

We gotta admit, all of your criteria made Rutgers an ideal candidate for the BUG10, an "institutional fit" as they call it.

Reaction Score
Dude you have a hard on for Rutgers like Buckaineer has for the ACC. What gives? Did The Situation bang your girlfriend? Did you choke on a sandwich made of chicken tenders and Mozzarella Sticks? You sure spend a lot of time commenting on an entity you find completely irrelevant. Very strange.

None of the above, and my comment was in response to another poster speculating on Jim Delaney's reaction more than on Rutgers anyway. And what part of what I said do you dispute? I have been told on this forum many times that Rutgers was a brilliant addition, much better than Syracuse, Boston College, and Pittsburgh, and that Jim Delaney got himself a flagship that is much more strategic. Do you dispute that Rutgers wins all the time, or that they are never having bad publicity? Or do you dispute that Jim Delaney will have to swallow this and count his cable boxes?

I comment on Rutgers because they keep coming up in conversation when I'm trying to comment on something else. In this case it was about Jim Delaney. And I do like chicken tenders and mozzarella sticks. Perhaps too much.

Reaction Score
Just a question but how do we deserve what we get? That is an interesting assessment you brought up BTW. Besides Mike Rice and now this, Hermann, how and in what way do we constitute this bs? Before we were relatively quiet. Now...well sort of dramatic.
She's not excited that the guy that changes toner in the printers is losing his job. I'm a long time NJ resident and RU grad school grad. I don't support RU athletics (but I'm not a hater) as I'm all UConn, but I can verify that that the Star Ledger decided to get more readers by becoming an enemy of the local team rather than a supporter. The local paper shouldn't be a lackey, but the Ledger takes every chance it can to kick RU while being more supportive of private Seton Hall.

RU deserves a lot of what it gets, and my kids won't go there if I have any say (despite it being a better financial move for me), but this writer was using has bully (or in this case his "shame") pulpit for a dying industry.

e="Chuck, post: 921197, member: 1646"]She's not excited that the guy that changes toner in the printers is losing his job. I'm a long time NJ resident and RU grad school grad. I don't support RU athletics (but I'm not a hater) as I'm all UConn, but I can verify that that the Star Ledger decided to get more readers by becoming an enemy of the local team rather than a supporter. The local paper shouldn't be a lackey, but the Ledger takes every chance it can to kick RU while being more supportive of private Seton Hall.

RU deserves a lot of what it gets, and my kids won't go there if I have any say (despite it being a better financial move for me), but this writer was using has bully (or in this case his "shame") pulpit for a dying industry.[/quote]
Just

Reaction Score
None of the above, and my comment was in response to another poster speculating on Jim Delaney's reaction more than on Rutgers anyway. And what part of what I said do you dispute? I have been told on this forum many times that Rutgers was a brilliant addition, much better than Syracuse, Boston College, and Pittsburgh, and that Jim Delaney got himself a flagship that is much more strategic. Do you dispute that Rutgers wins all the time, or that they are never having bad publicity? Or do you dispute that Jim Delaney will have to swallow this and count his cable boxes?

I comment on Rutgers because they keep coming up in conversation when I'm trying to comment on something else. In this case it was about Jim Delaney. And I do like chicken tenders and mozzarella sticks. Perhaps too much.

Who in this thread or any thread for that matter has ever claimed that Rutgers wins all the time, or that they have never had bad publicity?(Rutgersal does not count) For purposes of the B1G, Rutgers was a far superior addition to Syracuse, BC, or Pitt. Rutgers fits the academic and institutional profile that the B1G looks for, while neither BC or Syracuse ever would. Pitt while a match for the academics, could never bring anything to the table on the TV side of things.

Rutgers is an AAU Member, and yes a Flagship State University located in the wealthy and populous Northeast. Being situated on the door step of NYC sealed the deal for RU once The BTN became a reality. If Rutgers was the State University of Delaware, New Hampshire, or West Virginia they would still be in the AAC. College Sports are big business, so you are damn right that Delany will swallow this nonsense by Hermann and count his cable boxes.

Hopefully with the massive influx of cash and exposure they will see from inclusion in The B1G, they will be able to improve their overall athletic department. That said even if it never happens they will still be a good institutional fit with the other schools of The B1G. On the flip side the other member schools will see increased exposure in the media capital of the world, increased access to NJ Recruiting, and wheelbarrows full of cash.

Reaction Score

Why did you run away? Did the "real man" get his feelings hurt? What an embarrasing punk you are. Now that my sad pathetic friend, is wordsmithing.:cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just a question but how do we deserve what we get? That is an interesting assessment you brought up BTW. Besides Mike Rice and now this, Hermann, how and in what way do we constitute this bs? Before we were relatively quiet. Now...well sort of dramatic.

e="Chuck, post: 921197, member: 1646"]She's not excited that the guy that changes toner in the printers is losing his job. I'm a long time NJ resident and RU grad school grad. I don't support RU athletics (but I'm not a hater) as I'm all UConn, but I can verify that that the Star Ledger decided to get more readers by becoming an enemy of the local team rather than a supporter. The local paper shouldn't be a lackey, but the Ledger takes every chance it can to kick RU while being more supportive of private Seton Hall.

RU deserves a lot of what it gets, and my kids won't go there if I have any say (despite it being a better financial move for me), but this writer was using has bully (or in this case his "shame") pulpit for a dying industry.
Just[/quote]
Primarily just a whole lot of losing. Throw in some naked free throws, firing a coach for getting an award, firing his replacement (that you jumped on to keep away from a competitor) for getting in arguments at baseball games, Mike Rice (who I thought was going to get RU over the hump), graduation misrepresentations (I won't say lies) and a politically incorrect AD and the Ledger did have some fodder. Schiano had a few good years, but some bad ones too. Flood's not looking so good and Terry Shea made PP look like Saban. RU shouldn't get a free pass on all of that. I also agree that the Ledger looked for problems and rarely gave praise. That's not what a local paper should do to the state U.

I don't wish ill on RU. I have good friends that are huge fans. I was even a secondary fan until this realignment garbage hit. Now I can only pull for what helps UConn (not that I have any influence over it). Hopefully we'll be conference foes again. If we wind up in the ACC I'll probably even go back to being a secondary fan.

Reaction Score
Who in this thread or any thread for that matter has ever claimed that Rutgers wins all the time, or that they have never had bad publicity?(Rutgersal does not count) For purposes of the B1G, Rutgers was a far superior addition to Syracuse, BC, or Pitt. Rutgers fits the academic and institutional profile that the B1G looks for, while neither BC or Syracuse ever would. Pitt while a match for the academics, could never bring anything to the table on the TV side of things.

Rutgers is an AAU Member, and yes a Flagship State University located in the wealthy and populous Northeast. Being situated on the door step of NYC sealed the deal for RU once The BTN became a reality. If Rutgers was the State University of Delaware, New Hampshire, or West Virginia they would still be in the AAC. College Sports are big business, so you are damn right that Delany will swallow this nonsense by Hermann and count his cable boxes.

Hopefully with the massive influx of cash and exposure they will see from inclusion in The B1G, they will be able to improve their overall athletic department. That said even if it never happens they will still be a good institutional fit with the other schools of The B1G. On the flip side the other member schools will see increased exposure in the media capital of the world, increased access to NJ Recruiting, and wheelbarrows full of cash.

You challenged me directly. I do like Mozzarella Sticks. I don't think much that you say here is substantially different that what I said. My only comment w0uld be that Penn State does not require Rutgers to have Big Ten membership to recruit New Jersey.

Reaction Score
Note to Rutgers fans here: you're in, I get it, but we've been here all along in Minnesota & I do support your membership.

But Jesus H. Christ, UConn deserves in as well & they sure have done things, athletically, Rutgers hasn't, at least not yet.

So don't rub it in because your are in. At the end of the day you only have 1 NC, all sports, and despite yet another PR issue, Hermann is amazingly stupid, your fans have consistently slammed other worthy teams that got left out of the recent expansions. That's just ridiculous immaturity, behave!

It doesn't matter if you're in the BIG now, you need to start winning & adding NCAA titles, I don't care which sport, to the trophy case & your leadership needs to stay out of the news for negative reasons.

And I do know many Rutgers fans do in fact come across as polite on here or other boards, but too many of you act like fools, which is inexcusable for a school based in a state that cranks out top-notch hs basketball and football talent on an annual basis, yet 1 lousy NCAA title. That's not under-achievement, that's borderline disgraceful. Again, behave and be humble - your athletics history needs a huge dose of future success.

PS If any of your thinks bringing up Minnesota's current era of mediocre football is a comeback - go ahead. But our school wins NCAA titles in other sports (at least 8 NCAA titles in just the past 15 years, 17 overall & plenty of runners up). Btw, we have titles in football as well. Further, we consistently crack the top 20 of the Director's Cup. As for academics, our school is world renowned, esp at the graduate level. Very few BIG schools rank above us in the research-graduate schools department (number of top 20 programs) - heck very few in the entire nation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Somebody fix the damn radar already. I'm tired of us being on it, but not being picked up. Enough with the radar. We bring in revenue off tournament credits alone. Someone tell the Big Ten they haven't won a championship since like Bill Clinton was president. We can fix that problem for them.

Reaction Score
You are obviously not familiar with the scandal the Star ledger created

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, and assuming everything you have written is true, an athletic director of a first-rate athletic program would not say those things.

You are to be forgiven for not having any experience with a first-rate athletic department, but those comments were unnecessarily harmful, and shouldn't have been said.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Note to Rutgers fans here: you're in, I get it, but we've been here all along in Minnesota & I do support your membership.

But Jesus H. Christ, UConn deserves in as well & they sure have done things, athletically, Rutgers hasn't, at least not yet.

So don't rub it in because your are in. At the end of the day you only have 1 NC, all sports, and despite yet another PR issue, Hermann is amazingly stupid, your fans have consistently slammed other worthy teams that got left out of the recent expansions. That's just ridiculous immaturity, behave!

It doesn't matter if you're in the BIG now, you need to start winning & adding NCAA titles, I don't care which sport, to the trophy case & your leadership needs to stay out of the news for negative reasons.

And I do know many Rutgers fans do in fact come across as polite on here or other boards, but too many of you act like fools, which is inexcusable for a school based in a state that cranks out top-notch hs basketball and football talent on an annual basis, yet 1 lousy NCAA title. That's not under-achievement, that's borderline disgraceful. Again, behave and be humble - your athletics history needs a huge dose of future success.

PS If any of your thinks bringing up Minnesota's current era of mediocre football is a comeback - go ahead. But our school wins NCAA titles in other sports (at least 8 NCAA titles in just the past 15 years, 17 overall & plenty of runners up). Btw, we have titles in football as well. Further, we consistently crack the top 20 of the Director's Cup. As for academics, our school is world renowned, esp at the graduate level. Very few BIG schools rank above us in the research-graduate schools department (number of top 20 programs) - heck very few in the entire nation.

Gfunk - now that they are your conference mates, my best advice to you on how to handle some (I say some because there are a few RU fans that post here that I don't have an issue with at all) Rutgers' fans is to find your <ignore> button and put a few of them on your list. I have a few on my ignore list here so I probably can't/won't read what posts prompted you to post this (great stuff, by the way). Every fanbase has their fair collection of blowhards (ours included), but the Rutty blowhards just seem to take ignorance to a completely different level. If championships were won on message boards and internet comments sections instead of on the field/court, Rutty would have a packed trophy room instead of the 1 trophy in 100 years of athletics that they currently have. The only conference weight that Rutgers has pulled in 100 years is Chris Christie's waistline on Thanksgiving evening.

Good luck to you and other B1G fans who will now get to enjoy the full Rutgers experience next season and beyond. Lots and lots and lots and lots of unsubstantiated talk with absolutely zero actual accomplishments to support their claims.

Edit: for the record, I do think the B1G made a good choice in inviting Rutgers (AAU, market, large state university, good recruiting grounds, etc). I just think for the NYC market sweep to be complete, the conference also needs UCONN. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The mere fact that a fan from Rutgers can come here and think he's justified to argue anything just blows my mind.

I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about Rutgers, not a Duke, not a Syracuse, not a Louisville, but we're talking about Rutgers. How silly is that?

Reaction Score
You are obviously not familiar with the scandal the Star ledger created, regarding Rutgers CB Ian Thomas..and how he told RU coach Kyle Flood he was giving up football to play baseball...then told the Star-Ledger he never told Flood anything about baseball.

The Star Ledger then allowed Thomas to call Flood a liar in a column...without getting his side of the story. A scandal erupted.

Several months later, Thomas apologized for calling Flood a liar, was remorseful...and even asked back on to the team, which Flood allowed him to do.

The Star-ledger NEVER printed a follow-up story in which Thomas apologized to Flood...instead letting the general public continue to believe it was Flood who lied, and not Thomas.

This was a scandal 100 percent started by The Star Ledger's Dan Duggan.

During our bowl game with Notre Dame, the Star-Leger ran two feel good stories about ND players from NJ....and NONE on any of the dozens of NJ players on Rutgers' teams.

Also, not that it's a big deal (it's not) but a few days ago, the Rutgers women's team won the NIT championship. Not that it deserved a spot on the front page of the sports section, but you would think they would find a spot for it somewhere.

The Ledger didn't even report on it.

Rutroh's AD is stunningly stupid - you must see that. BTW, the NYC press has picked up on it and she now has those formidable dragons after her. Real smart move. As Mark Twain reportedly observed; "Never pick a fight with someone who buys his ink by the barrel and his paper by the ton!"

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Rutroh's AD is stunningly stupid - you must see that. BTW, the NYC press has picked up on it and she now has those formidable dragons after her. Real smart move. As Mark Twain reportedly observed; "Never pick a fight with someone who buys his ink by the barrel and his paper by the ton!"

And then...

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

-- Abraham Lincoln

Reaction Score
Just
Primarily just a whole lot of losing. Throw in some naked free throws, firing a coach for getting an award, firing his replacement (that you jumped on to keep away from a competitor) for getting in arguments at baseball games, Mike Rice (who I thought was going to get RU over the hump), graduation misrepresentations (I won't say lies) and a politically incorrect AD and the Ledger did have some fodder. Schiano had a few good years, but some bad ones too. Flood's not looking so good and Terry Shea made PP look like Saban. RU shouldn't get a free pass on all of that. I also agree that the Ledger looked for problems and rarely gave praise. That's not what a local paper should do to the state U.

I don't wish ill on RU. I have good friends that are huge fans. I was even a secondary fan until this realignment garbage hit. Now I can only pull for what helps UConn (not that I have any influence over it). Hopefully we'll be conference foes again. If we wind up in the ACC I'll probably even go back to being a secondary fan.[/quote]

That's understood. Look no one can or will get an argument from me. And I won't even bring up the fact that we're in the B1G. This is completely embarrassing. However, I will say this...
The NSL has looked to be where they are. It's simply a case of what goes around comes around. I don't know any state print media that doesn't support their local or state team. I understand being critical, but not to a point where one or several come into question the support of the largest newspaper company in the state. And to be quite frank, this has been going on for generations, the best thing is, many of us have gotten tired of it.

Now as for the Kyle Flood situation, we'll just wait and see how that turns out, before you all anoint him, Terry Shea Jr. There were many going ons regarding RU football, that really is that...GOING ONS! Football will be back, because I'm not buying that we cannot compete in the conference. I've seen things happen.

I have nothing negative to say about your program because I've come to realize that it is counterproductive, and quite honestly it's droll and boring. From now on I'll only come here to have coonstructive arguments about football.

Anyhow, thanks for the critique. Although I think that it is a bit one sided as per the history aspect, we are not as big losers as some may think we are. R history does go way way back.

Reaction Score
the BUG decided they already had enough major football brands and thus added some empty stadia to house their fans.

Reaction Score
the BUG decided they already had enough major football brands and thus added some empty stadia to house their fans.

You know, it's a little humorous when ND fans come into the equation, esp when no other school had the power of ND to save the Big East. Oh how the Big East would be different had you just joined for everything, esp when VT and Miami were still around. Moreover, had ND committed to the Big East, PSU probably peels away from the BIG and no doubt, the Big East is still here, relevant in football and basketball.

While I get ND fans generally view the BIG as incompatible - your football program is easily the most hyped pile of mediocrity I've seen in the BCS era amongst so-called blue bloods - see all of your blowout losses for proof. I mean no other team has faired so poorly in BCS games - score differences - ouch!

In a way, typical ND fans are like BIG fans, they feel ancient folklore and packed stands justifies a seat at the table, when it really doesn't in terms of NCs in an age of a more fair, yet still unfair system.

At least two BIG programs have done more than ND the past 30 years, football wise: OSU and Neb, you can rewind Neb all the way back to 1970. How does a less populated state with less local talent do it? National recruiting, which was always one of ND's excuses for joining the BIG. And Michigan sure has your number, head-t0-head. You guys dodged out of that great rivalry, in the name of recruiting, really. I don't need to hear this obligation for partial ACC games - big rivalries should always stay the course.

The last fans on here should be where your loyalty falls: you have the ACC for all but FT football, you get to cherry pick your match ups to benefit recruiting. It's your perfect world. Move along.

Reaction Score
Can't believe we're trash talking in football on the day of the biggest women's ball game probably of the decade. We have all summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom