UCONN on Delany's radar | The Boneyard

UCONN on Delany's radar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last weekend Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany was in attendance at the UCONN / Michigan State game and he heard and saw that we bring the NYC market, He'll be seeing UCONN again this weekend at the Final Four and we'll be bringinging the rest of the country..Great resume builders for our new conference...

Blk_0537_NCAA_M_Tourney_East_reg_final.jpg

Reaction Score
Last weekend Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany was in attendance at the UCONN / Michigan State game and he heard and saw that we bring the NYC market, He'll be seeing UCONN again this weekend at the Final Four and we'll be bringinging the rest of the country..Great resume builders for our new conference...

View attachment 5541
Anyone care to caption the thought going through his mind in that photo?

Reaction Score
Oh by GOLLIE, only the G is silent, we took Rutgers, listen to this crowd...I think I'll pretend I am somewhere else, truly, I wonder am I naked, Where the Hell are my clothes??? As he continues thinking to himself - Damn it Jim, I should have listened to the other guy

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The five stages of conference realignment message board disappointment:

See title of post --> Expect to maybe see some sort of article or news bit about Delaney and UConn --> Instead see a picture of Delaney at a basketball game --> Get annoyed --> Ponder looking up the original poster's IP address to find out about where I would need to dig a shallow grave to dispose of him.

pj

Reaction Score
Unfortunately Delany has a very long range radar. It can detect potential B1G entrants 50 years ahead of time.

It's also very sensitive radar. It can detect Elite Eight teams even if they aren't potential B1G entrants.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately Delany has a very long range radar. It can detect potential B1G entrants 50 years ahead of time.

It's also very sensitive radar. It can detect Elite Eight teams even if they aren't potential B1G entrants.
That is actually fortunate for us. The northeast remains a desirable place to live. It's not disappearing.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Now if that was Pres. Herbst sitting next to him, that would be a heck of a picture.

Reaction Score
He sure tries hard to make sure he doesn't wear any school colors! We definitely impressed him and the women to his right.

Reaction Score
I am watching the best B1G basketball team the conference has, personally picked by President Obama, reduced to a 3 point shooting team due to stellar defense from a guard from outside of Chicago, a lanky forward from Los Angeles, 2 guys from foreign countries, and all led by a contortionist scoring machine from Boston while I am sitting in the world’s most famous basketball arena in the country’s largest city/TV market losing my hearing because I am surround by 16,000 screaming UConn fans in New York City. Interesting.

Reaction Score
The reality is that he is thinking..."wow 3 BIG teams in the Elite 8 and 1 in the Final Four....what a great year for BIG basketball." That is what he will tout in the annual P5 marketing blitz.

Reaction Score
The five stages of conference realignment message board disappointment:

See title of post --> Expect to maybe see some sort of article or news bit about Delaney and UConn --> Instead see a picture of Delaney at a basketball game --> Get annoyed --> Ponder looking up the original poster's IP address to find out about where I would need to dig a shallow grave to dispose of him.
I think he's waiting for Fishy to finally spell his name right. It's Delany not Delaney. Get it straight and we're in.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm sure Conspiracy Kitty finds it interesting that he chose to attend the UCONN/Mich St game instead of the Michigan/Kentucky or Wisconsin/Arizona games. Maybe he was the only guy in the building who knew that he was actually watching a B1G Elite 8 matchup??? The Kitty is purring...

Reaction Score
I'm sure Conspiracy Kitty finds it interesting that he chose to attend the UCONN/Mich St game instead of the Michigan/Kentucky or Wisconsin/Arizona games. Maybe he was the only guy in the building who knew that he was actually watching a B1G Elite 8 matchup??? The Kitty is purring...

He was given the choice of spending a weekend in New York, Anaheim or Indianapolis. Conspiracy Kitty can save her tin foil hat for another day.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
"Should I get another hot dog? I mean, I just ate, but I'm hungry again. I think I'm gonna get another hot dog"

"Uh oh, I think a little poop came out with that one. Yup, I turtled. I hope the guy in front of me doesn't smell it...He got a whiff."

Reaction Score
He was given the choice of spending a weekend in New York, Anaheim or Indianapolis. Conspiracy Kitty can save her tin foil hat for another day.

Interesting point, but hate to burst your bubble. First, it's NYC, second MSU are basketball darlings in the BIG right now, he's from Jersey, and going to a Michigan game would further lead to perception that the BIG is an OSU-MI conference, which has always been overstated.

But I sure hope he realized how UConn would be an excellent addition to the BIG.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
"I really need to squirt but I'm trapped, gotta get an aisle seat next time. I'm Jim Delaney, dammit!"

He spells his name wrong in his own mind?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Why does that look like a tribute to the Knicks? Who in charge of Photoshop on Hillside Road?

Wait...BLUE AND ORANGE!!!

DOOOOMED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member