UConn Moves Up In The AP Poll [merged] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Moves Up In The AP Poll [merged]

Reaction Score

Seven Top 25 NET wins is impressive, with a chance to add at least two more if they were to beat Nova again and in the BE Tourney Championship.

Teri Moren is my pick if Indiana can keep playing at this rate, but Geno is without a doubt on my shortlist for Coach of the Year.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The other interesting lack of data is while there are only 2 regional sites this year and they haven’t listed the regioal matchups (East vs. West;South vs. Midwest as examples) with my point being we are not sure if a seeding in the Greenville region with SC would mean we are matched in the Final Four round or for the Title game. My gut feeling is by having only 2 regions will give the committee flexibility to put both overall 1 and 2 seeds and the 3/4 seed in that same regional without being committed to those matchups. In other words, UConn can be put in Greenville for their fans to see them as either the #2 or #3 overall seed without committing UConn to have to play SC in the FF. Then Stanford and Indiana/Iowa could all go to Seattle also without preordaining that matchup. This type of flexible bracket allowed for better regional attendance for all 4 #1 seeds and not just the overall #1 seed.
When they do announce the locations, they obviously will also have to announce the matchups and seedings for transparency.

Reaction Score
UCONN played 4 of the top 10 teams in the country and lost to 3 of the top 10 teams in the country. Looking at it now, even loosing to Maryland don't seem so bad.

Reaction Score
I just hope we are the second 1 seed so we can avoid SC till the final (assuming both teams make it that far) and i'm sure Dawn feels the same :)

Reaction Score
Thank you for reprinting this. All of this material has been gone over many times in the BY. Yes, they can use stuff outside the NET, but they are likely to want to stick as close to it as they can. Still, there are reasons they will be forced to modify the NET rankings — geography, conference diversity, etc. The more they depart from the NET, the more criticism and accusations of favoritism they come in for. So, all things being equal, there is lots of motivation for them to push LSU down.
I’ll be interested to see how the committee handles LSU for sure

Reaction Score
Disagree. Our goal should be a 1 seed, which should be doable if we win out. We have the #1 SOS, a NET ranking of #2, are #1 in our conference, have only lost to top 10 AP teams.
I think you misunderstood the post, an overall 2 or 3 seed is a No.1 seed, just the second or third best No. 1 seed.

Reaction Score
I think you misunderstood the post, an overall 2 or 3 seed is a No.1 seed, just the second or third best No. 1 seed.
Yes, as I already commented a few times now, I misread the original post. :p:eek:

Reaction Score
More that we held our own while Stanford fell out of the top five.

Reaction Score
The problem is that the Duke, Iowa, and Texas wins came with Azzi on the court, and the concern is that the selection committee might take that into account.
Hopefully keeping it to 4 points against SC with no Azzi and no Caroline answered those concerns.

Reaction Score
The other interesting lack of data is while there are only 2 regional sites this year and they haven’t listed the regioal matchups (East vs. West;South vs. Midwest as examples) with my point being we are not sure if a seeding in the Greenville region with SC would mean we are matched in the Final Four round or for the Title game. My gut feeling is by having only 2 regions will give the committee flexibility to put both overall 1 and 2 seeds and the 3/4 seed in that same regional without being committed to those matchups. In other words, UConn can be put in Greenville for their fans to see them as either the #2 or #3 overall seed without committing UConn to have to play SC in the FF. Then Stanford and Indiana/Iowa could all go to Seattle also without preordaining that matchup. This type of flexible bracket allowed for better regional attendance for all 4 #1 seeds and not just the overall #1 seed.
When they do announce the locations, they obviously will also have to announce the matchups and seedings for transparency.
You ask an important question.

I SO MUCH want y’all in the Greenville region ( in the other bracket.) I want both our fan bases to mingle in the same little city without the pressure of a game between us AND some of us on the BY being able to meet. But. I also want us to be in the championship game instead of a semi final.

Okay, maybe it’s not really an important question but it’s intriguing to me

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I just hope we are the second 1 seed so we can avoid SC till the final (assuming both teams make it that far) and i'm sure Dawn feels the same :)
Well being the #2 or #3 overall seed will avoid S.Carolina til the final. (like you said assuming everyone wins out) They would play the #4 overall seed.

If we can win out the rest of season and BET, we should be able to get the #2 or #3 overall seed (and assuming Fudd and Ducharme come back). LSU is gonna lose 1 or 2 games (if they don't S. Carolina will drop), Indiana could lose 1 or 2 more. They still have Ohio St, Michigan and Iowa twice. Then the B1G tourney, a couple of Iowa/Maryland/Ohio St/Michigan/Illinois. Of course if they do win out, they deserve the #2 overall seed.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
The latest bracketology has UConn as the third #1 seed meaning if all #1s get there we would be playing Indiana. Unfortunately, we will be in Seattle. If we can get to the #2 we will play in Greenville. We should win all our remaining games which would mean we could go nowhere but up. The rest of our games are huge, and we are now in a position to get a very good spot in the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
The latest bracketology has UConn as the third #1 seed meaning if all #1s get there we would be playing Indiana. Unfortunately, we will be in Seattle. If we can get to the #2 we will play in Greenville. We should win all our remaining games which would mean we could go nowhere but up. The rest of our games are huge, and we are now in a position to get a very good spot in the NCAA tournament.
I'm a bit confused on this.

It was my understanding that 1 would (at least theoreticially) be paired with 4, and that 2 would be paired with 3. Of course, 2,3 and 4, could be reordered by the committee to meet the recommendations of the regional committees. We can assume SCar (if still number 1 or really any top 4 rank) would be in Greenville for a number of rea$ons. UConn could end up in Seattle as the biggest draw$ for crowds and TV eyeballs.

I'm so confused.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I really doubt UConn even with a loss to a top 25 team and with Azzi and Caroline back will not be a 1 seed. UConn has already proven themselves without Azzi and Caroline. No top seed wants UConn in their bracket and many top seeds would like LSU as a 1 seed in their bracket. LSU may in Seattle facing Stanford. My 1 seeds are SC UConn Indiana and Stanford.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Right now, according to Creme, SC and UConn are on opposite sides of the bracket, with UConn in Seattle. It appears that the two in Greenville, and the two in Seattle cannot meet until the NC game. It's not the two Greenville's and the two Seattle teams meeting in the final 4. Right now, SC and Stanford are on the same side, although both are not playing the regional in the same location. The #1 seed, as of now SC, will dictate where the others are going. If SC is in Greenville, the #4 seed will be in Greenville, and the #2 and #3 will be playing in Seattle. If by some miracle Stanford, for example, ends up as the #1 overall seed, the #4 would be in Seattle and the #2 and#3 would play in Greenville. Totally confusing, but the overall #1 can play in Greenville or Seattle, depending on who that team is.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, as I already commented a few times now, I misread the original post. :p:eek:
I’m not sure, but you may have misread the original post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom