UConn MHOC 23-24 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC 23-24

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Any word on season ticketholder parking at Toscano?
You should call them Monday.
from @ableton04 I checked in with my ticket rep last week and two things seem true so far: 1) parking won’t be free like last year 2) just because you had parking close to Toscano last year doesn’t mean you’ll keep the same lot.

They were “working” on the parking situation, he promised to keep me updated, etc etc.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming we'll hear about parking today, but this is kind of ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Holy Cross is #2 in Pairwise. I know it means very little this early, but a weekend sweep would help.

Reaction Score
I know #s 2-10 are tied on points and thus listed alphabetically (HC being first in line). Just a bit of early season anticipation here.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Nashville projects Wood as a center and asked UConn to play him at center.

Reaction Score
Update! If you haven't heard anything about parking, you didn't get it. That's the word I got. I was told to park at South Garage.

Reaction Score
Update! If you haven't heard anything about parking, you didn't get it. That's the word I got. I was told to park at South Garage.
Not that bad of a walk, yes it can be chilly make sure to bring gloves. The trick is to get a hot chocolate or coffee at Dunkin on the way in once you get to the garage chuck a Bailey's nip in there and enjoy it on your walk over.

Reaction Score
last year i received parking pass at toscano. called today and told no pass not enough points. park in garage or lot on hill. parking pass hinges on how many points you have.

Reaction Score
last year i received parking pass at toscano. called today and told no pass not enough points. park in garage or lot on hill. parking pass hinges on how many points you have.

Which lot is the one on the hill? Are you referring to D-lot near the outdoor football practice fields off of Alumni Drive?

I hope the Athletic department sends out a “Know before you go” email that describes all of the options…

Reaction Score
Not that bad of a walk, yes it can be chilly make sure to bring gloves. The trick is to get a hot chocolate or coffee at Dunkin on the way in once you get to the garage chuck a Bailey's nip in there and enjoy it on your walk over.
Or just have a solo cup with bourbon or in it

Reaction Score

Here's the scoop from the know before you go email and link...

PARKING

NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS

Please take note of the recent changes to our traffic patterns and parking policies. Hillside Road, between Glenbrook Road and Jim Calhoun Way, is closed to vehicular traffic.

MEN'S HOCKEY DAY-OF-GAME PARKING OPTIONS

Season long parking was offered on a first come first serve basis to Husky Athletic Fund members at the Director Level and above in I-Lot West, located adjacent to Toscano Family Ice Forum. For those who purchased season-long passes, please see the parking map for more details on the location of I-Lot West.

Single-game parking is available in South Garage at the rate of $15 per game. Those parking in the South Garage can pay upon arrival either through the Flowbird parking app on your smartphone or by using the kiosks in the garage. The gameday rate of $15 starts 3 hours prior to puck drop.

Please allow for extra time to park and get into the arena. Traffic is expected to be heavy.

Reaction Score

11. Matthew Wood, RW, UConn - He was impressive as a freshman, now Wood comes back as a Nashville Predators first-rounder. Expect him to pile up the goals.

20. Arsenii Sergeev, G, UConn - One of the most intriguing goalie prospects in the game, Sergeev is a Calgary Flames pick coming off a solid freshman campaign.

82. Samu Salminen, C, UConn - Big Finnish pivot found his feet with the Huskies as a freshman; let's see what the New Jersey Devils pick can do the second time around.

Also noted:

59. Artem Shlaine, C, Northern Michigan - Shlaine himself has a nice gritty element to his game and put up great numbers with the Wildcats last year. He's a New Jersey Devils pick.

Reaction Score
I would disagree with the statement that "UConn has enough talent to be one of the best offensive teams in the nation". I'm not seeing that at all. I think talent wise UConn is a middle of the pack Hockey East team.

Reaction Score
Mike McMahon’s UConn preview:

Has UConn ranked 16th

Roster Analysis
With so much first-round talent centralized in Hockey East, and with UConn south of the major Boston media market, it’s easy to forget that the Huskies have Matthew Wood leading their team after a 34-point freshman season (much of which he played while 17 years old).
Wood was one of several freshmen who emerged for the Huskies last season. Arsenii Sergeev established himself as the No. 1 goalie, which led Logan Terness to transfer. The Huskies brought Clarkson goalie Ethan Haider to push Sergeev for playing time. UConn also has Samu Salminen, who had 17 points (9g-8a) while limited to 27 games last season.
That youth is added to an established senior core. Even with Ryan Tverberg’s departure to the NHL, the Huskies bring back Hudson Schandor (11g-21a), Nick Capone (9g-9a), defenseman Andrew Lucas (2g-22a), and John Spetz (2g-10a).
It’s a well-balanced group.

New Recruits
Buffalo Sabres’ pick Jake Richard (★★★★¼) is the top player in the class. He had 27 points (13g-14a) in 27 games for Tri-City (USHL) last season and was a key player for Team USA at the World Jr. A Challenge.
San Jose pick Joe Muldowney (★★★★) joins him.
UConn’s class is buried down the national rankings list, but that doesn’t mean it lacks top players. They’re hurt in the rankings because the overall size of the class is small (just 5 players), which limits the impact the group can have on an overall roster.

Bottom Line
Losing Tverberg and Justin Pearson (13g-14a) is significant. But the Huskies return nearly all of their other impact players. Richard should be able to make up for a chunk of the production lost, and the Huskies have to hope to see some development from guys like Salminen and Jake Percival (6g-6a).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom