UConn MHOC 23-24 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC 23-24

Reaction Score
Need Lucas, Mahshie & Capone to step up this weekend and have a good showing.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We are #25 in Pairwise. Realistically, we need to finish in the top 13 (assuming 3 conference champs are in the top 16).

Can we do this?

Reaction Score
After the first few weeks of the season it seems Hockey East is going to be gauntlet this season.

I watched BC last night. They are super talented and quick.

BU will be a top ten team. It seems Providence is back.

Maine is good this season. Merrimack and Northeastern are solid. UNH went 2-1 against BU and Quinnipiac.

Reaction Score
We are #25 in Pairwise. Realistically, we need to finish in the top 13 (assuming 3 conference champs are in the top 16).

Can we do this?

Can they? Yes, but in addition to taking care of business they’ll also need to get some help with upsets along the way. While an invite to the NCAA tournament is a great goal, winning CT Ice and ensuring a home match in the HE playoffs are within their grasp and they are in full control of those destinies without Pairwise gazing.

Reaction Score
After the first few weeks of the season it seems Hockey East is going to be gauntlet this season.

I watched BC last night. They are super talented and quick.

BU will be a top ten team. It seems Providence is back.

Maine is good this season. Merrimack and Northeastern are solid. UNH went 2-1 against BU and Quinnipiac.
The rubber really meets the road next weekend. We'll see vs. UML next weekend. We're currently 2-3-1 in 2023.
That was during the "tomato can" portion of the schedule. Let's see if Cav can get them ready for HE ... Get it done! I don't want to hear any excuses...

Reaction Score
It’s early in the season, but to date Hockey East is 26-12-1 (W-L-T) against non-conference foes. The one tie was UConn @ Colgate.

Reaction Score
I hear BCU has a sizable NIL fund for hockey. We need to get Cav some NIL money to compete, otherwise we can only recruit 20-21 year old freshman and play a heavy game. Not exciting hockey.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t be suprised, hockey is to BC what hoops is to UConn.
I’ll kee playing powerball. Help may be on the way.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I hear BCU has a sizable NIL fund for hockey. We need to get Cav some NIL money to compete, otherwise we can only recruit 20-21 year old freshman and play a heavy game. Not exciting hockey.

Great, explain Merrimack.

Reaction Score
MC is just recruiting 21 year old freshman. Yes, it’s a strategy, but it’s terrible boring hockey. We’re UConn, we’re a national brand, our fan base is 10 times bigger than BCU. No reason we can’t get 3 first round draft picks like BCU just got. We should be playing a couple of games at the Boston Garden against a Michigan, Denver or North Dakota. With our national fan base we sell out the Garden.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
MC is just recruiting 21 year old freshman. Yes, it’s a strategy, but it’s terrible boring hockey. We’re UConn, we’re a national brand, our fan base is 10 times bigger than BCU. No reason we can’t get 3 first round draft picks like BCU just got. We should be playing a couple of games at the Boston Garden against a Michigan, Denver or North Dakota. With our national fan base we sell out the Garden.

This cannot be a serious take. This is insane.

Reaction Score
Brass Bonanza has yet to be heard this season after two home games. This is beginning to feel like watching the other team in state that plays brass bonanza as their goal song and has Lance as their announcer - Hartford Athletic. Both teams have chances and cannot finish.

Haider has been great but has not been blessed with goal scoring support except for the 5-0 Union drubbing, and that wasn’t a sure thing until period 2. Power play is finally looking more patient and willing to enter the zone and set up to get the shot they want rather than take the first shot available and immediately lose the puck. Still sad to see they couldn’t capitalize once on a full 2 min 5 on 3 man advantage!

Reaction Score
Possibly the dumbest post on this site ever.

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t be suprised, hockey is to BC what hoops is to UConn.
I’ll kee playing powerball. Help may be on the way.
With the important caveat that they get ACC money every year for producing nada, while we get chicken guano in the BE...

Reaction Score
On UConn’s site it says their home game against Harvard on New Year’s Eve is on ESPN at 3. Is that accurate?

Reaction Score
It's not my job to get CAV NIL money. If college sports is going to be based on who can pay players the most amount of money, then I 'm out. I'll just watch the NHL, NFL, NBA ............

Reaction Score
On UConn’s site it says their home game against Harvard on New Year’s Eve is on ESPN at 3. Is that accurate?
I think it is. I’m a little surprised it is at Storrs though. They have played zNew Years eve afternoon games fairly often in Hartford with pretty good crowds. It was usually viewed as a component of the First Night celebration. I’ve gone to a few of them. Back when they had their own invitational in AHA days that was often played on New Years Eve too.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I think it is. I’m a little surprised it is at Storrs though. They have played zNew Years eve afternoon games fairly often in Hartford with pretty good crowds. It was usually viewed as a component of the First Night celebration. I’ve gone to a few of them. Back when they had their own invitational in AHA days that was often played on New Years Eve too.
Also surprising considering the Wolfpack don’t have a game that night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom