UConn MHOC 23-24 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC 23-24

Reaction Score
Agree. The women just had a series with Penn State and are playing a series against Minnesota too.

The 8 team Big Ten has 6 of their 7 teams ranked in the top 20 and the 8th team, Wisconsin, is receiving votes.

The power of the Big Ten NIL has arrived in hockey.

In a 16 team field NCAA tournament, the Big Ten will in all likelihood have annually at least a quarter of the field.
My error. Only 7 teams in the Big Ten. 6 of the 7 are ranked. 7th receiving votes.

Reaction Score
1) parking won’t be free like last year 2) just because you had parking close to Toscano last year doesn’t mean you’ll keep the same lot.
This was to be expected. I Lot is a very important commuter lot.

Reaction Score
All three position previews from Daniel Connolly in one thread:

Reaction Score
I was with him. There's a cool new feature back there with the timeline of both programs and all the team photos but otherwise the setup is the same.
That you HurleyMania?

Reaction Score
I don’t know where to put this or if anyone is interested but Yale currently has $8 standing room tickets available to see #1 BU and the next #1 NHL draft pick on 12/29.

One of the best places to see a game

Reaction Score
This was to be expected. I Lot is a very important commuter lot.

I hope they figure this out soon. Main campus doesn’t have on street parking or mass transit options available that are plentiful in Downtown Hartford, so we’re much more dependent on their setup in Storrs.

Reaction Score
I hope they figure this out soon. Main campus doesn’t have on street parking or mass transit options available that are plentiful in Downtown Hartford, so we’re much more dependent on their setup in Storrs.
At worst you'll be parking at South Garage which isn't much different from a walk from most XL garages to the inside of the arena

Reaction Score
At worst you'll be parking at South Garage which isn't much different from a walk from most XL garages to the inside of the arena
I've been parking at the garage attached to the Hilton since 2015 and there are lots of days in January/February I appreciate the walkway over to XL. Last winter was fairly mild but there are likely going to be some dark, cold, windy nights after games and honestly I'd love to keep the spot in I-Lot.

But we're basically a week out and still no word, so who knows what'll happen.

Reaction Score
I've been parking at the garage attached to the Hilton since 2015 and there are lots of days in January/February I appreciate the walkway over to XL. Last winter was fairly mild but there are likely going to be some dark, cold, windy nights after games and honestly I'd love to keep the spot in I-Lot.

But we're basically a week out and still no word, so who knows what'll happen.
I called my UConn rep yesterday and was told that I-lot passes were only offered to season tix holders that were at the Director level - i.e. donated $1000 per year. My season tix (4) only required a $600 donation.

Reaction Score
I called my UConn rep yesterday and was told that I-lot passes were only offered to season tix holders that were at the Director level - i.e. donated $1000 per year. My season tix (4) only required a $600 donation.
People here won't like this but it's a good thing. My son had to pay for parking several times last year as a commuter for his 6pm class because the only lot he was eligible for was I Lot. When there was a hockey or soccer game, he couldn't park there and had to pay $5. It's a students-first approach, which UConn doesn't tend to take.

Reaction Score

Among others:

-> UConn makes first NCAA Tournament appearance

Over the past three seasons, UConn has finished either 20th or 21st in Pairwise, the metric that determines the NCAA Tournament. The Huskies have been knocking on the door of the program’s first-ever appearance but have come up just short — last year, they likely needed to win just a few more games to get in.
This season, UConn has most of its major contributors back, a balanced roster and the experienced it lacked a year ago. The Huskies have steadily been on the rise since they first joined Hockey East 10 seasons ago but are still looking for the major breakthrough. They have all the pieces to be among the final 16 in March. Now, it’s about execution.

UConn wins games in both Hockey East and NCAA Tournaments

In 2022, UConn came within a goal of winning the Hockey East Tournament but couldn’t replicate that major one year later and flamed out in the quarterfinals. The Huskies will get back to the TD Garden this year — that should be the baseline expectation for any season that includes a bye into the quarterfinals — and will advance in the NCAA Tournament before the season ends in the regional finals.
UConn should have a team good enough to make some noise in Hockey East and win a tournament game, but it’s a cut below being an elite, Frozen Four contender like BU or Quinnipiac. <-

Reaction Score
Still no word from UConn about parking. THIS is how they treat season ticket holders?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Still no word from UConn about parking. THIS is how they treat season ticket holders?

You should call them Monday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom