UConn MHOC 23-24 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC 23-24

Reaction Score
Hope we can see the lines (clearly) this year. Last season.................meh.

I'm hoping for major improvements to Toscano this season. #1,2,3..................... improved sight lines.
#4,5,6.......................dump the Student Deck (see #1,2,3). #7,8,9..................more (and improved) food stations.
#10,11,12.......................Real Beer (light beer s***s) and wine for my wife ("please").
did any of these improvements happen?

Reaction Score

Assisted access <<

-> The Huskies, too, have an influx of talent from Connecticut, including freshmen Bauer Swift from West Hartford and Oliver Flynn from Wolcott, sophomore’s Jake Black from Pomfret and Jake Percival (12 points) from Avon, juniors Mark D’Agostino from North Branford, Jake Veilleux from South Windsor and Nick Capone (18 points) from East Haven.

“The program has continued to grow over the 10 years I’ve been here,” Cavanaugh said, “where in the past, I don’t know if it was a viable option for kids, or if they felt it was a competitive option to come to UConn if they wanted to compete for a Hockey East trophy. I think that narrative has certainly changed. If you grew up in this state, you’re passionate about the University of Connecticut and the ability play here is very attractive to a lot of local kids.” <-

Reaction Score
UConn named as a team that just missed the cut along with Providence

Reaction Score
With eight of our first ten games on the road, we'll have a big opportunity to build Pairwise points early.

Reaction Score
With eight of our first ten games on the road, we'll have a big opportunity to build Pairwise points early.
Good point, wish they would've scheduled better opponents though. Union & Holy Cross back-to-back isn't the best, based on last year's pairwise.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Due to "high demand" all games at Toscano are sold out.

If by high demand you mean, we sold out all 47 seats in the arena for the season, then sure.
I had complained in a previous thread that I thought Toscano tix were non existent and I believe I was told I was wrong. Looks like I'm right. As a Toscano donor it saddens me.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Dan Connolly is a must follow:
Completely agree, and I'm not just saying that because we're family. He's got national flag blue blood in those veins. He does a great job with WBB as well.

Reaction Score
UConn just outside the USCHO Top 20 to start the season:

Others receiving votes: Connecticut 100, Minnesota State 97, Northern Michigan 81, Wisconsin 74, Omaha 45, Alaska 40, UMass Lowell 31, Arizona State 30, Clarkson 22, RIT 17, Colorado College 13, Maine 10, Colgate 9, AIC 7, Bemidji State 6, Bowling Green 6, St. Thomas 4, Canisius 3, St. Lawrence 3, Sacred Heart 2

Reaction Score
We need to take care of business early. Wish we had some BIG 10 match-ups to gauge our talent.
I hope Cav is working on getting more October games vs them in the future.

Reaction Score
Doesn't work that way - most early games are against teams that don't help us pairwise (can only hurt).
Need to start very strong - no slip ups...

Reaction Score
The goal should be to make it to Boston for the Big East tournament. That will be a very difficult task this year with how stacked BU and BC are. Not to mention NU and PC. Should be a fun year.

Reaction Score
UConn’s first 8 of 10 games are on the road but they are against Colgate, Holy Cross, Union, Lowell and Vermont.

Hopefully, UConn can manage to go minimum 7-3 in that stretch. 8-2 might be getting greedy but it’s definitely possible.

UConn will once again be rotating goaltenders. This season it will be between Haider and Sergeev.
Looking forward to Hockey East this season.

BU and BC are stacked. BU ranked #1, BC #6.

BU has the likely #1 pick in the 2024 NHL draft, Macklin Celebrini, and just flipped the commitment of probably the #2 pick in the 2024 NHL draft, Cole Eiserman. Eiserman will not arrive until next season though.

Maine is my pick for the surprise team in Hockey East.

Reaction Score
Any word on season ticketholder parking at Toscano?
I checked in with my ticket rep last week and two things seem true so far: 1) parking won’t be free like last year 2) just because you had parking close to Toscano last year doesn’t mean you’ll keep the same lot.

They were “working” on the parking situation, he promised to keep me updated, etc etc.

Reaction Score
We need to take care of business early. Wish we had some BIG 10 match-ups to gauge our talent.
I hope Cav is working on getting more October games vs them in the future.
Agree. The women just had a series with Penn State and are playing a series against Minnesota too.

The 8 team Big Ten has 6 of their 7 teams ranked in the top 20 and the 8th team, Wisconsin, is receiving votes.

The power of the Big Ten NIL has arrived in hockey.

In a 16 team field NCAA tournament, the Big Ten will in all likelihood have annually at least a quarter of the field.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom