UConn MHOC 22-23 | Page 15 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC 22-23

Reaction Score
There are only 60 teams playing D1 hockey. More than 25% of them qualify for the tournament. There will always be worthy teams left out no matter how many teams play in the tournament. Hockey has a much higher % of teams playing in the tournament than basketball, baseball and soccer as it stands now.
Yes. Another difference is that while you can rank leagues a bit, there aren’t such great differences as there are in other sports. It isn’t like basketball where the NEC is a whole different levels than the Big 10. If Hockey East and AHA played an interlocking schedule HEA would have a winning record but it wouldn’t go undefeated I don’t think. Individual teams might but the league? Case in point AHA won 5-13-2 against HEA this season. Doubtful. If the New Big East played the NEC, I think it is pretty likely thatGeorgetown would be the sole team in danger of losing but they would likely win out too. Last data I could find the NBE was 8-0 vs the NEC last year. That in my view makes it much more difficult to decide who is really deserving of a bid. I personally hate doing it by computer because the reality is that bids 10-16 and probably the next 4 or 5 are pretty much equals. And despite everyone’s best efforts, the system contains implicit biases that nobody will recognize.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We're doomed again, aren't we? Going to narrowly miss the tournament for what seems like the third year in a row.

Reaction Score
Let’s see if this past Saturday sparks us and has us revert back to the early part of the year just like mens hoops.

Focus should be on finishing strong and winning the Hockey East.

Reaction Score
We're doomed again, aren't we? Going to narrowly miss the tournament for what seems like the third year in a row.
I agree but we have done this to ourselves every time. Losing 2 to UNH? Come on. We had QU with 5 minutes left and lost. Last year we also lost a game we could have won down the stretch. 2 years ago we beat Providence like a rented mule then got blown out at home in the HEA tourney. Last years hockey East final followed by this years start seemed we turned the page, but by mid-season it was same old same old.

Reaction Score
I believe.

“Looks like UConn can still make it into the NCAA tournament if the Huskies from Storrs can make it to the league championship game, but Providence needs to win Hockey East or keep its fingers crossed for everything to improbably fall its way. Teams that make a strong run at the end are always dangerous, so if either of those two is able to go on a heater, then I’d watch out.”

Reaction Score
According to a too-early-released e-mail, the post season will be played @ Toscano.

There goes seeing them @ the XL one more time this season.
WTF? The one game where XL would make sense. Can’t even pre-buy tickets even though they send an e-mail to go ahead and do so.

They say check back after SAT game as they may play on weds if they end up 5th

Reaction Score
They are done playing post season games at the XL. They want to play on campus. Plus they can play when they want To, not when they can fir in between Wolfpack games and monster truck rallies.

Reaction Score
According to a too-early-released e-mail, the post season will be played @ Toscano.

There goes seeing them @ the XL one more time this season.
WTF? The one game where XL would make sense. Can’t even pre-buy tickets even though they send an e-mail to go ahead and do so.

They say check back after SAT game as they may play on weds if they end up 5th
Which is why they have to find away to expand another 500 seats sooner than later. You’re cutting out half the people who would go to games in the second half of the year when hockey season was really starting to crank up. We’re Not talking 10%.

If it makes you feel better, the way the next two weeks are set up, UConn SHOULD be playing at TD Garden and you can see them live then. Beat a reeling BC team once should get us fourth barring a Northeastern collapse vs UML. Then you just have to win one game at home as a favorite to get back to the Garden.

Reaction Score
All we need is four points out of six to guarantee fourth place. We have the tiebreaker over UML based on head-to-head results (four points vs two). No reason to rely on Northeastern. If we don't take four from BC......then we don't deserve home ice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom