UConn MHOC 22-23 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC 22-23

Reaction Score
Firstov is a junior - any chance he sticks for his Senior year or do they pull him up to the AHL? I suppose there could be a separate thread on the next season's team - but with the senior losses we are gonna experience, losing him would hurt big time.

The look on his and Spetz's face when they got their all-tourney awards, they were devastated. Hope he comes back (not sure how much of it is his choice).

Reaction Score
Edit: deleted pointless dribble.

UConn wasn’t used to playing with a tie as Friday they were in the lead from the beginning. Some actual dead moments and UConn got quiet and UMass took over.

Gonna miss turbo. Reminded me of Ronan.
Evans was fun to watch.
Marc contributed every game
Kondy got it done. 100 pts 70+ assists
Hanson was my favorite. Creel 2nd followed by our OG Nichols.
Hope firstov returns.
Wheeler, wojo, kal, Roman all had their plays of the game and we’re all assets to the mission. I hope gourley is OK. (Puck to helmet, he looked dazed). O’Neil and him were great pick ups on transfer portal.

You got potential #1 NHL pick Matt wood, Richards, and Kesselring for forwards.

Too lazy to look up Defense

Who’s gonna be our goalie? Anyone we get is gonna be a rookie unless we get a decent Covid senior transfer

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Proud of the effort the team gave this weekend. They lost but it was not due to their effort. Really proud of them.

Kondelik will be a big loss. He was terrific for puck possession in the offensive zone.

Reaction Score
They have two strong goalie options next season.

Logan Terness will be solid and a possible starter.

Arsenni Sergeev is leading the USHL in save percentage by almost three quarters of a goal. He is the best goalie in the USHL by a lot and a draft pick of Calgary.

Reaction Score
The team is losing their top 2 lines and half their starting defensemen. That’s a lot to lose.

Matthew Wood has a good chance to be a top 15 pick in the 2023 NHL draft. He is leading the BCHL in points and just turned 17. He only just turned 17 so I don’t know if it possible to get him on campus for next season. Hopefully, they can manage to. He is UConn’s biggest recruit ever.

Tristan Fraser and Ryan Tattle are top 15 in points in BCHL. They will be here next season.

Defense is an issue. They need to find a couple offensive defensemen. Possibly the grad transfer route.

I do not see Firstov as a NHL type guy but that doesn't stop players from leaving school early.

Kesselring will not be here next year. He will be playing in BCHL.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I think Terness will get a serious look a starting goalie next year. If he’s good, we can call him “the Ternessnator“.

Reaction Score
Some of these kids have another year due to Covid?? I know this doesn’t apply to Gourley, Hanson and O’Neil. It will be interesting to see who’s coming in and who is leaving.

Reaction Score
Gotta let the freshman goalie they brought in play. I would have given a few more chances in the non-HE games.
It’s a transition year but it should be fun watching the young kids.
I love the fire of Tverberg. I know he had a big -up that led to the game tying goal but still. Kid brings a ton of heart to every shift and doesn’t back down

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Gotta let the freshman goalie they brought in play. I would have given a few more chances in the non-HE games.
It’s a transition year but it should be fun watching the young kids.
I love the fire of Tverberg. I know he had a big -up that led to the game tying goal but still. Kid brings a ton of heart to every shift and doesn’t back down
Supposedly Terness had a nagging ankle injury this year. (Announcer mentioned it on the broadcast last night) Plus Cav wanted to stay with the hot goalie. I can’t remember too many games we lost because of poor goalie play. Historically, Cav loves to ride one goalie

Reaction Score
The combination of the playoff run and the opening of the new ice house should result in an uptick in recruiting starting next cycle. Making the finals couldn't have come at a better time. Too bad we couldn't sea the deal

Reaction Score
And with all the PT available you figure he was told there still won’t be or he’s just interested in moving on

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
And with all the PT available you figure he was told there still won’t be or he’s just interested in moving on
I guess anything is possible.

Reaction Score
This is a link to all the players in the transfer portal.

So far Cassidy Bowes and Gavin Puskar are listed from UConn.

Reaction Score
I figured Bowes and Puskar would be leaving. Sorry it didn't work out for them here. Maybe we can grab someone from the portal. We need some scorers!

Reaction Score
008.jpg

Reaction Score
We are getting decimated.
We've lost 2 underclassmen: Firstov and Shaine. The rest are seniors that are leaving, unless I missed someone. We need a lot more talent coming in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom