UConn MHOC 2024-25 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC 2024-25

Reaction Score
… The roster had a lot of turnover, and so did the staff after last season.
Cavanaugh couldn’t do the usual “deep dive” into what went right and wrong when the season ended. He had to replace players he wouldn’t have normally have lost, and staffers, such as assistant Mike Pereira, who became the coach at Choate. By midsummer, Cavanaugh and new assistant Tyler Helton huddled with his veteran players to try to get the chemistry right.

“Establishing a super-consistent culture that can be continued year over year,” Schandor said. “Whether us two are at the forefront and finding a way to bring out consistency in this program was on our minds throughout the summer.
SMH! When you start losing coaches to prep teams & need the players to establish a culture. ( didn't Randy Edsall 2.0 say the same thing ?)
It says everything I need to know regarding a lost head coach. He's had 11 years to establish a culture and he still can't figure it out. That or talent retainment, even with a brand new arena and training facility.

My goodness, Nick Peruzzi, please help this guy ! ( past three years at Northern Michigan.. " worked extensively with the forwards, power play units, as well as assisting in the recruiting process." )

Reaction Score

Tnx for posting these. Why are these updates not posted for Baseball injuries both in season and off season? (not necessarily by you husky medic) but overall.

If I missed the official updates on both Galusha and Abbadessa’s injuries last season or anytime then it’s on me, but I don’t recall reading anything regarding updates coming from the actual Baseball Program and the media who cover the team ( Connelly article).

Reaction Score
Prediction: this will be a frustrating season (sound familiar?) for fans. Bottom tier in HE.
I’m fine with it, with the already non sell out of Toscano season tickets this season and a big disappointment last season. A bottom tier finish I think would put Cav firmly on the hot seat heading into 25-26 which hopefully would finally get him outed from UConn. All respect to him for getting them to this point but it’s clear in my mind he needs to go. 0 development of players, 0 ownership over last seasons mishaps, 0 acknowledgment to the fan base of a poor performance last season and how they’re going to improve. At this point in his tenure at UConn the program should be thriving not getting stale.

Reaction Score
I’m fine with it, with the already non sell out of Toscano season tickets this season and a big disappointment last season. A bottom tier finish I think would put Cav firmly on the hot seat heading into 25-26 which hopefully would finally get him outed from UConn. All respect to him for getting them to this point but it’s clear in my mind he needs to go. 0 development of players, 0 ownership over last seasons mishaps, 0 acknowledgment to the fan base of a poor performance last season and how they’re going to improve. At this point in his tenure at UConn the program should be thriving not getting stale.
I think Cav is here for the long haul. I don’t see the university making a change unless the program has a couple years in the cellar of HE. I think he will get them back to the mid pack of HE and that will be their ceiling but with no NCAA appearances or HE titles (regular or post season). I just have the feeling the university is going through the motions with this program and not really interested in it becoming a legit college hockey program (meaning a program with regular national tournament appearances).

Another area I would add to your list of what is lacking is community outreach. There is absolutely no attempt at creating buzz for the program. No season ticket holder events, no open practices, no player signings following games, no promoting of players, the social media for the program is virtually nonexistent and it should not take this long to get a legitimate student section at Toscano. The program still does not even have bios or pics of the incoming players on the website and the season starts in 2 days.

Reaction Score
Going thru the motions is not only a hockey program’s issue, I believe other programs at Uconn also fail to provide much of what’s been alluded to in these recent posts as far as player info and team related material.

I believe being content at achieving certain levels of success without actually winning anything of substance, is the accepted Bar.

I agree Mac, National Championships are the goal, nothing short.

Reaction Score
I just have the feeling the university is going through the motions with this program

Another area I would add to your list of what is lacking is community outreach. There is absolutely no attempt at creating buzz for the program. No season ticket holder events, no open practices, no player signings following games, no promoting of players, the social media for the program is virtually nonexistent and it should not take this long to get a legitimate student section at Toscano. The program still does not even have bios or pics of the incoming players on the website and the season starts in 2 days.
Yep pretty much all of this. In his live interview I was shocked he couldn't even answer a simple question regarding strength, conditioning and off season training . He said the longtime S & C has completely taken over that so talk to them. It was a shocking answer by the sounds of someone who has completely checked out, when the best answer he could give is the S&C coach has alot of confidence and tenure. So we see a mediocre HC who's never made an NCAA trip who has no interest in taking a deep dive into every aspect of his program. SMH !

That is one of the first things I would do seeing that year after year, alot of players regress. A hockey specific S & C coach and a power skating instructor would be first on the list. But very true, if as you said "going through the motions with this program"

Reaction Score

Speaks about NIL and the possibility of major junior players becoming eligible for NCAA

Interview starts at about the 15 min mark

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom