UConn MHOC 2024-25 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC 2024-25

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The big question that has plagued us forever... Where's the power play?
That may be the least of the questions going into this season…that’s what scares me.

Reaction Score
UConn has a lot of new pieces (players) this season. It will be an interesting season, I’m sure UConn will take their lumps early in the season, but the team will get better as the season progresses. Hockey season will be here before you know it. Looking forward to it.

Reaction Score
Another possible late addition is Filip Sitar, another former Northern Michigan recruit. A center from Slovenia. Played in Sweden last season

Reaction Score
Is UConn playing QU in the early slot?
On Sacred Heart’s site, they have their game against Yale starting at 7:30.

It says UConn/Quinnipiac will be the afternoon game which would mean 4 or 4:30.

Reaction Score
Anybody know when single game tickets will go on sale?

Reaction Score
Anybody know when single game tickets will go on sale?
I emailed UConn. Single game tickets will be available starting at some point next week.

Reaction Score
The women's season begins in 24 days, the men's in 31....................yet we still do not have game times on our own website. Yet I went on the Minnesota website to get their away gametime at our women's home opener at Storrs, and the Colgate website to get their away gametime at our men's home opener at Storrs. Is it too much to ask OUR UCONN website to list home opener gametimes?

Reaction Score
The women's season begins in 24 days, the men's in 31....................yet we still do not have game times on our own website. Yet I went on the Minnesota website to get their away gametime at our women's home opener at Storrs, and the Colgate website to get their away gametime at our men's home opener at Storrs. Is it too much to ask OUR UCONN website to list home opener gametimes?
Maybe UConn can’t afford to hire someone to maintain/operate the website.

Reaction Score
At least the women’s team has announced their roster and has a presence on social media showing team activities and the team practicing.

The men’s team has yet to announce incoming freshmen, the roster, and have not shown any videos or pics of the team practicing. Every other Hockey East team has shown either photos or videos of players returning or practicing or their new rosters.

I have never understood why the program is so secretive. Cavanaugh did not even show at either Coaches’ Road Show event. MacKenzie showed up.

Reaction Score
At least the women’s team has announced their roster and has a presence on social media showing team activities and the team practicing.

The men’s team has yet to announce incoming freshmen, the roster, and have not shown any videos or pics of the team practicing. Every other Hockey East team has shown either photos or videos of players returning or practicing or their new rosters.

I have never understood why the program is so secretive. Cavanaugh did not even show at either Coaches’ Road Show event. MacKenzie showed up.
Lol 12 hours after your post mac UConn Hockey posts a video from practice ... who do we think from the coaching staff is lurking the yard

Reaction Score
BC and BU are going to be loaded again this year. The preseason predictions seem about right with UConn in a rebuilding year. UConn will take their lumps early. However, as all the new players assimilate to the rigors of Hockey East, should gradually improve over the course of the season. It will be interesting to watch. Looking forward to the season getting going.

Reaction Score
I'm shocked we are that high after losing wood and our goalie among others.

Reaction Score
The biggest worry is the goalie situation. The loss of Sergeev was a big hit. 2 former UConn goalies will be starters in the Big Ten this season.

I do like the freshmen forwards they brought in. However, I think UConn is going to struggle to consistently score in Hockey East.

I have no expectations and I know it’s going to be a long rebuilding type of season. There is a clear separation between UConn and the top 6 teams. BC and BU are on their own level. However, UConn should not have fallen so far behind UMass, Northeastern, Maine, and Providence. It stinks that it’s season 12 and this is what it is.

Vermont could be better than the poll says. Brought in a good goaltender from Minnesota State.

BC is going to be on a national championship mission this season.

Reaction Score
At least the women’s team has announced their roster ......The men’s team has yet to announce incoming freshmen, the roster,
I have never understood why the program is so secretive. Cavanaugh did not even show at either Coaches’ Road Show event.
True, it's like he wants to just collect a salary and hide in the Storrs background, so no one will notice how mediocre he's been. ( His new on campus barn really upgraded his recruiting level too...;).. not ! ) Figured the program would have a roster posted by now. Was gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe it was all the HE teams. But not Cav's squad/info, on snooze control as usual a few weeks before the season, as I noticed BC, Umass, BU, UNH, etc. have their 2024-25 rosters listed on school sites.

Reaction Score

The men’s team has yet to announce incoming freshmen, the roster
tic, tic, tic.... well the season is a couple weeks away and still nothing from Uconn. While every team in Hockey East has a roster out
But super sloth Cav's crew continues to sleep at the wheel. What leadership. At least announcing at team would be nice.... it's like he actually wants to create no interest in his team, SMH! PS Maybe he plans on playing with 14 players (just last years guys finally on the Uconn site) no goalies though. This message board is way more informative, than anything coming out of his program.

Reaction Score
With the news of the SEC implementing an Injury Report starting either next season or the following, I think the entire “injury discretion” “player privacy” is antiquated.

Rosters, basic team info, etc is long in need of an overhaul and I think the SEC is spot on with this. The players are being paid, release these basic non-intrusive information relevant to participation within the games so the fan bases and media have it in a relative timeframe. If any said season begins say Oct. 1, I would think schedules/rosters/off-season injuries or updates on previous season injuries should be provided by mid to late Aug.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom