UConn MHOC 2024-25 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn MHOC 2024-25

Reaction Score
All four XL games are at 3:30. That’s bound to draw at least a dozen fans to downtown Hartford for dinner.

Reaction Score
3;30 Saturday starts are great for the students. They can go to the hockey game and it won’t interfere with the Saturday night partying.

Reaction Score
Mike McMahon podcast previewing Hockey East
1. BC
2. BU
3. Maine
4. Northeastern
8. Merrimack
9. Vermont
10. Lowell
11. UConn

McMahon said he has UConn last because of the amount of players they lost but UConn has a “really good recruiting class coming in.” Says two years from now UConn can be middle of the pack of HE

Reaction Score
Mike McMahon podcast previewing Hockey East
1. BC
2. BU
3. Maine
4. Northeastern
8. Merrimack
9. Vermont
10. Lowell
11. UConn

McMahon said he has UConn last because of the amount of players they lost but UConn has a “really good recruiting class coming in.” Says two years from now UConn can be middle of the pack of HE

Sounds like some good news.

Reaction Score
Anyone have any information on Toscano parking this year? Last year they sent information around this time for parking passes so assuming it will be the same process.

Reaction Score
No, not that we’re picked last, but rather that we have some nice pieces in the pipeline for the future.
I’m no hockey guru but I agree there’s some talented guys coming back that have had spurts of success, namely, Muldowney Frasier Schandor and Richard.

I think they’ll be able to play with ( no expectations) as far as public persona. I think they’ll finish in the Top 8.

Reaction Score
Since there less than 2 weeks until the start of the season and UConn is the only team in the country not to announce incoming freshmen and 1 of only 2 or 3 programs in the country to not put out a roster, here is what I could come up with:

Returning Forwards

Hudson Schandor
Jake Richard
Joey Muldowney
Ryan Tattle
Tristan Fraser
Jake Percival
Oliver Flynn
Tabor Heaslip
Huston Karpman

Returning Defensemen

Tom Messineo
Jack Pascucci
Owen Simpson
John Spetz
Bauer Swift

I noticed on the UConn site Jake Vellieux was not listed even though he only played 3 seasons

Transfers

Nick Carabin-Defenseman (Princeton)
Viking Gustavsson Nyberg-Defenseman (Northern Michigan)
Hugh Larkin-Forward (Western Michigan)
Tyler Muszelik-Goaltender (New Hampshire)

Freshmen

Forwards

Filip Sitar (4.25 star)
Ethan Whitcomb (4.25)
Kaden Shahan (4.00)
Ethan Gardula (4.00)
Mike Murtagh (3.75)

Defensemen

Kai Janviriya (4.00)
Kevin Fitzgerald (3.75)
Trey Scott (3.50)

Goaltenders

Callum Tung (3.50)
Thomas Heaney (3.50)

I do not believe this team is a last place team. The biggest question mark is the goalie situation. Muszelik did not reach his potential with UNH and he will probably be splitting time with Callum Tung. Sergeev was a big loss. I do not understand why Cav was splitting him with Haider during the 2nd half especially knowing Sergeev was the future full time #1. The CT Ice decision to play Haider was a huge mistake. I think if Sergeev was still here UConn could have been middle of the pack.

I like the freshmen forwards UConn is bringing in. I think they will deepen the lineup with a higher skill level. Much more skilled than the usual 3rd and 4th liners they have brought in. The question is can they can get consistent scoring while relying a lot on the freshmen. No high end talent but they are solid HE forwards.

Carabin was one of the highest rated defensemen in the portal and Nyberg is 6’6” and a solid pick up brought over by the new assistant coach.

I like the team more looking at the roster but can they get the necessary goalie play.

This season would have been a good time to have an exhibition game but UConn is the only Hockey East team not to play an exhibition.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Since there less than 2 weeks until the start of the season and UConn is the only team in the country not to announce incoming freshmen and 1 of only 2 or 3 programs in the country to not put out a roster, here is what I could come up with:
Good work with that list

1727053567279.jpeg

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Anyone have any information on Toscano parking this year? Last year they sent information around this time for parking passes so assuming it will be the same process.

They already let people who did and didn’t qualify for passes know their status

Reaction Score

Others receiving votes: RIT 55, St. Thomas 53, Michigan Tech 47, Bemidji State 44, New Hampshire 31, Sacred Heart 29, Penn State 23, Harvard 22, Holy Cross 14, Ohio State 14, Minnesota State 12, Dartmouth 10, Merrimack 9, Clarkson 8, Connecticut 7, AIC 4, UMass Lowell 4, Colgate 3, LIU 2, Brown 1, St. Lawrence 1

Reaction Score
Good work with that list

View attachment 103677
Both defensemen they brought in from the portal seem to have higher PIM…

As a team, seemed PIM were an issue last season. A lot of majors and uncalled for penalties that hurt them more then other teams. I’d imagine that’d be a focal point…that’s why I mention the portal additions PIM

Reaction Score
Both defensemen they brought in from the portal seem to have higher PIM…

As a team, seemed PIM were an issue last season. A lot of majors and uncalled for penalties that hurt them more then other teams. I’d imagine that’d be a focal point…that’s why I mention the portal additions PIM
From one of Connolly’s recent posts:

“While they did bring in a talented freshmen class and a few quality transfers, their hope for improvement will be centered on improved discipline (their top four penalty-takers from last season are all gone) and better chemistry in the locker room.”

I thought the “better chemistry in the locker room” was an interesting nugget. Something seemed off last season behind the scenes but the story was never told.

Reaction Score
They already let people who did and didn’t qualify for passes know their status
Wow this is surprising. I had a pass last year, even went up a donor level this year and heard nothing from them?

Reaction Score
Wow this is surprising. I had a pass last year, even went up a donor level this year and heard nothing from them?
Just an update on this as I called the ticket office today - sounds like they messed up and failed to notify and charge CC's for some people that checked off they wanted a parking pass during the season ticket renewal process. Within about an hour they had charged my CC and I got notice of a UPS delivery tomorrow. Not sure if this has happened to any other season ticket holders here.

Reaction Score

Others receiving votes: RIT 55, St. Thomas 53, Michigan Tech 47, Bemidji State 44, New Hampshire 31, Sacred Heart 29, Penn State 23, Harvard 22, Holy Cross 14, Ohio State 14, Minnesota State 12, Dartmouth 10, Merrimack 9, Clarkson 8, Connecticut 7, AIC 4, UMass Lowell 4, Colgate 3, LIU 2, Brown 1, St. Lawrence 1

We’ll at least we got more votes than LIU! And are the Larry’s really that bad?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom