UConn Mascot Change: Confirmed | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Mascot Change: Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
preview
No, just no.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Maybe Warde and the pretty lady will hold a conference on tis in the Carribean while USF is taken by the ACC

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
And when does Coginchaug HS stop using our block C.
Thieves

Reaction Score
There's something about the Husky dog logo that really works. Let the play on the courts and fields be aggressive. Hell, it isn't featured on any of the uniforms anymore (fb and bb). Manuel and Herbst - if you want a more aggressive Husky - go to Northeastern, or is that the goal?

If any changes are made, I hope they use that 'bubble script' UConn in a black alternate hoops uniform.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm sure many will disagree, but I think this just looks bad, like it was drawn by a seventh grader:

7066.gif

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the dog needs to be either realistic and agressive like fl, ark type animal or it needs to be edgy and unique like the wash husky, texas longhorn or usf bull logos. it needs to go 1 of those 2 ways.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Sorry, I like the white husky. They others don't stand out. Would not be for a grey one.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
As far as ditching the red, I disagree. I think we need more red. I think it should be added to the football uniforms.

Reaction Score
I cannot stress enough how generic the block C looks. You might like the look, but if it's not going to bring nationwide recognition (I really don't think it will) then its useless.

Logos are about branding.

Yeah, but eventually we would own the C as our own.

We'd be known as the C women.

And C men.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I personally think the UConn on the bball jerseys with the red U are my favorite. I freaking hate our current football unis. We don't have football tradition, stop trying to wear boring unis like the power schools wear. Be exciting be creative. Why does Oregon and MD get press even if on field product sucks? Unis. Not saying we need to go that extreme but I really liked the jerseys that said Connecticut across the chest. Not huge on the block C. Can't we get at least one alt uni?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i'm fine with the uconn vs connecticut. i really dont care which way we go but i feel 2 things
1) we have to have it on our chest. were not usc or psu and we need our jerseys to rep us. i agree with all the we need new swag and black outs and stuff
2) i do worry a bit branding uconn over connecticut. if we want the b10 then we need to brand state not nickname. psu doesn't brand psu, they brand penn st.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been discussed here but are we the only major DI program that has different colors/fonts for the basketball, women's basketball and football programs? It always seemed odd and that each program had their own branding if you will, I can't think of another school that does that. I think the mens BB interlocking UC would look amazing on our football helmets. And the football team never including red in their uniforms? Meh.

Reaction Score
HFD, obviously Penn State is short for Pennsylvania State, but since they've been using "Penn State" forever, the name & the brand stuck. And branding is the big issue here. I think "UConn" is the way to go (over Connecticut) because our hoops teams have become nationally known by that name. And whatever happens with the logo change (got reservations about this because the current husky logo is already well recognized in college sports circles - I'd almost be shocked if the marketing dept. doesn't flub this up), there definitely needs to be some continuity between the FB and BB uniforms - color, look, etc.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I don't care which way they go. Just make the words and logos bigger so we can all believe it indicates we've got an invite to the B!G.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Does anyone remember our god awful inflatable mascot in the late 1990's? It was cartoonish and its big move was for the guy inside to flip it upside down and dance on its head. That thing was so ugly and I'm glad we quickly got rid of it. Can't find a picture anywhere. I'm sure all records have been destroyed.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I think it got to the point where the student section and large swaths of the crowd would boo that ridiculous balloon doggy.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Does anyone remember our god awful inflatable mascot in the late 1990's? It was cartoonish and its big move was for the guy inside to flip it upside down and dance on its head. That thing was so ugly and I'm glad we quickly got rid of it. Can't find a picture anywhere. I'm sure all records have been destroyed.

I believe Nebraska still uses their big inflatable mascot still. That dang thing was just weird...

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I believe Nebraska still uses their big inflatable mascot still. That dang thing was just weird...

his name's lil red and he's the stuff of nightmares

Nulilred.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members