UConn in the WNBA | Page 19 | The Boneyard

UConn in the WNBA

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
E6605E4C-AB98-45A1-ADD5-08495A93E74C.jpeg

Reaction Score

I like A’ja Wilson, and what she’s doing in her profession. Win, lose, or draw, she positively impacts the W, and she’s never afraid to compliment others, even if they’re on opposing teams. Good job A’ja!!

PS: I’m also super proud of Aaliyah Edwards, who‘s showed up for work. Similarly to when she was at UConn, she’s being ignored by the media, but continues to be a work horse! She goes out and does her job, to help her team win. Good job Aaliyah, keep working hard!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Aaliyah is not being ignored by the Washington Post. There have been several articles about her or interviewing her. Is she mentioned nationally? Not really, but who among rookies other than Clark and Reese are.
I feel like even Kate Martin and Nika have been mentioned more than her. Nika less so in basketball but in other things. But she will get her flowers soon I'm sure. Love Aaliyah's outlook and attitude.

Reaction Score
Nika had a solid showing last night, played 7 minutes. Went 0-2 on the box score, but what doesn’t show up there is pure hustle. She was aggressively jumping for rebounds (almost had 2, but landed wrong), almost stole the ball, and had a really great defensive moment against Arike, where she forced Arike to pass the ball away because she cut off her step back attempt and her drive.

Coach Quinn was trying to get the Storm to give Nika the ball in the last few minutes, so I don’t think we need to worry about her being waived. She had the most hustle out of everyone on the court in the last few minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom