UConn in the WNBA | Page 15 | The Boneyard

UConn in the WNBA

Reaction Score
For those without the WNBA League Pass or other ways to watch WNBA games—get the WNBA app. Under the Watch section, “Quick Games” are posted where the game is distilled down to 10ish minutes. You can watch for free. Gives you highlights, lots of scoring, a few defensive standout plays, and a general feel for the game.

In the Games section, you can also easily find the games being played each day and who has broadcasting rights. During and after the game, there is an updated box score, play-by-play, and short video clips of good plays (without all of the obnoxious ESPN ads).

It’s an easy one-stop viewing app with nice resources for those who don’t want to pay for the League Pass. I figure even non-paid engagement with the app shows interest in the league.

Reaction Score

Oh Yeah Lol GIF by Focus Features

Yeah!! Aaliyah has been pretty impressive among this rookie class and she ain't getting a lot of press either. Well done, Aaliyah.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I actually watched this game. Napheesa put on a clinic. Not only where her eight steals a personal high, they were also the franchise record, and too shy of the WNBA record. I find, this is just a me thing, that I struggle to get all the way through a WNBA game, but this one was excellent and entertaining.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I actually watched this game. Napheesa put on a clinic. Not only where her eight steals a personal high, they were also the franchise record, and too shy of the WNBA record. I find, this is just a me thing, that I struggle to get all the way through a WNBA game, but this one was excellent and entertaining.
I'm the same way.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Napheesa is the epitome of art in motion. She does not have flashy moves or crazy speed. Her fundamentals though, her ability to understand what she can do with her body, and do it better than you, is what separates her from everyone else. Her motor never stops in games. We really had a good one when she was in storrs.
To me, there is a slight mystery here, similar to one that we have seen before.

When Katie Lou and Napheesa played together at UConn, I thought that their contributions to their team's considerable successes were roughly equal. KLS was actually drafted two positions higher than Napheesa, but in the WNBA Napheesa has had a stellar career while KLS has been ho-hum. (And they both took a year off for maternity, so that is not an explanation.)

The same thing happened with Tiffany Hayes and Kelly Faris. They came to the WNBA a year apart, but while they played together in Storrs, I thought they were contributing equally to their UConn teams. But in that case as well, Tiffany's WNBA career has flourished while Kelly's career fizzled.

I don't have an explanation, really. Do any of you?

Reaction Score
Even among UConn fans. Head bang
I am a UConn women's basketball fan. Even though I wish all the former Huskies well in the WNBA, I think I have watched 5 WNBA games since it has started. Summer basketball has no interest for me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Phee got some tips/deflections in the second half that nearly turned into steals. She was literally inches from recording 10 or 11 steals.

Reaction Score
To me, there is a slight mystery here, similar to one that we have seen before.

When Katie Lou and Napheesa played together at UConn, I thought that their contributions to their team's considerable successes were roughly equal. KLS was actually drafted two positions higher than Napheesa, but in the WNBA Napheesa has had a stellar career while KLS has been ho-hum. (And they both took a year off for maternity, so that is not an explanation.)

The same thing happened with Tiffany Hayes and Kelly Faris. They came to the WNBA a year apart, but while they played together in Storrs, I thought they were contributing equally to their UConn teams. But in that case as well, Tiffany's WNBA career has flourished while Kelly's career fizzled.

I don't have an explanation, really. Do any of you?
Athleticism. Also Collier has quicker feet plus she has improved her all around game more. Not sure about Hayes/Faris.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom