Men - UConn in the 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament > Norman Oklahoma Regional > HookC Advances to Super Regionals | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Men UConn in the 2024 NCAA Baseball Tournament > Norman Oklahoma Regional > HookC Advances to Super Regionals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another option is one can pay $10.99 for one month of ESPN+ (lots of content on there), get all the games and cancel the subscription thereafter. I did that 2 years ago. Now I have as part of bundle.
I’ll also add I don’t like ESPN but ESPN+ is the best value for $ that they offer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All the late games are on espn+. ESPN has Sunday night MLB and ESPN2 has NCAA softball.
Honestly I don't even care, it's like the boy who cried wolf, screw us over enough times like they have and it's hard to feel sympathy when they have a legitimate reason. What about ESPNU?

Reaction Score
Honestly I don't even care, it's like the boy who cried wolf, screw us over enough times like they have and it's hard to feel sympathy when they have a legitimate reason. What about ESPNU?
Sure you care you keep posting about it.

Not sure why you give a toss about what ESPN thinks of UConn. Who cares.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Another option is one can pay $10.99 for one month of ESPN+ (lots of content on there), get all the games and cancel the subscription thereafter. I did that 2 years ago. Now I have as part of bundle.
I’ll also add I don’t like ESPN but ESPN+ is the best value for $ that they offer.
A lot of content here and well worth the price for our family of five.
IMG_3285.jpeg

Reaction Score
I agree that Hyde is doing a great job. No way he is catching 3 (or 4) days in a row unless Garbo isn’t 100%.
Idk why he couldn’t catch tonight/tomorrow if desired or needed. Outside of endurance being an issue, considering Hyde hasn’t been asked to catch 3-4 games in row, do u think the drop off has been that considerable? Over the course of a season or longer stretch is different…I say let Hyde empty the tank and ride that good karma. Imo Baseball is unlike any sport when it comes to superstition.

Garbo certainly back starting if they reach the Super Regional would be reasonable.

Reaction Score
Just wanted to say thanks to those of you who provided the inning updates and video’s of the key plays.
. As an old timer down in North Carolina I very much appreciate it. Got up this morning and the first thing I did was go to the-boneyard and read the inning by inning recap of the game. Thanks

Reaction Score
Idk why he couldn’t catch tonight/tomorrow if desired or needed. Outside of endurance being an issue, considering Hyde hasn’t been asked to catch 3-4 games in row, do u think the drop off has been that considerable? Over the course of a season or longer stretch is different…I say let Hyde empty the tank and ride that good karma. Imo Baseball is unlike any sport when it comes to superstition.

Garbo certainly back starting if they reach the Super Regional would be reasonable.
I’m all for belief in sport. I’m guessing that belief looks like something else in their locker room. Catching is strength of the program, has been for eons. Hence why Hyde has delivered. He hasn’t caught back-to-back in forever, nevermind 3 in a row. Mac calls the pitches. Garbo is a better bat and a fine receiver/framer/thrower. He’s the #1 catcher for a reason.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
All the late games are on espn+. ESPN has Sunday night MLB and ESPN2 has NCAA softball.
Incorrect. My DirectTV Stream is showing 9 pm games "TBA" on ESPN 2 & ESPNU

Reaction Score
Theres gotta be a way to find a free stream im not paying for ESPN plus. I know it’s such a crime.

I did enjoy listening to the game on the radio just using my imagination of the game like our grandfathers past time.

Reaction Score
Stetson UCF FSU Duke Oklahoma (eliminate 2 of these soon) and that’s what stands in the way of a berth to the CWS. It doesn’t seem as daunting when looking at it. Difficult but if somebody said these are the 5 teams that will decide a CWS app for Uconn, I’d take it.

Reaction Score
Still a lot left to do tonight and maybe even tomorrow but either way they got a great Draw and are making the most of it to date. Hope it continues.

Reaction Score
Not sure what was up with Garbo. Tough to believe that he would play if he was in bed for 2 days.

Reaction Score
Hulu Live includes ESPN+ and Disney

Reaction Score
Just wanted to say thanks to those of you who provided the inning updates and video’s of the key plays.
. As an old timer down in North Carolina I very much appreciate it. Got up this morning and the first thing I did was go to the-boneyard and read the inning by inning recap of the game. Thanks

Hey, I'm kind of an old timer in Greensboro. I did listen to game via internet (Alexa) on Fox Spots Radio 97.9

Reaction Score
Not sure what was up with Garbo. Tough to believe that he would play if he was in bed for 2 days.

He is recovering from flu symptoms. Garbo was at the game yesterday, Chris Jones said he was available to pinch hit last night, and he might be available to start today.

Reaction Score
OU Baseball twitter/x posted the pic of the sky below. Not sure if medic posted. Nice pic. OU/Duke is delayed.

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpeg
    IMG_1573.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sure you care you keep posting about it.

Not sure why you give a toss about what ESPN thinks of UConn. Who cares.
No my "honestly I don't care" was "I don't care what conflicts they have they haven't done enough to get the benefit of the doubt that they did anything they could at all to put it on, say, ESPNU"

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if tonight we're assigned being home team or if we can choose? They won't have the same home and road for back to back games, I personally would prefer holding it in my back pocket for a winner take all game, being happy that we didn't need to use it.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The weather in Norman concerns me. It would su*k (and be unfair) to have to possibly play 2 tomorrow, with the opponent getting some extra rest. The NCAA has "lightning strike" rules in place and I've spent time in Oklahoma, the weather can be quite wacky during twister season

Reaction Score
He is recovering from flu symptoms. Garbo was at the game yesterday, Chris Jones said he was available to pinch hit last night, and he might be available to start today.
If the flu was that bad hold him off as a starter. We're getting what we need for now. JMO

Reaction Score
Looks pretty tricky weather wise until about 5pm there. Again at 10pm. Worst case they drag us out for 3 innings then go on hold for hours. It may be more likely a push to tomorrow after the prelim. Think about the fact that they've been hanging around there all day so it's not such a bad deal for us. But the weather tomorrow looks like a roll of the dice all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom