UConn Football o/u 3.5 wins for the Season. Thoughts? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Football o/u 3.5 wins for the Season. Thoughts?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
'So what?'

It's fine if you want to be a blindly optimistic - but really why would you want to be willfully ignorant?

Not blindly, just have faith in the coaching staff after the Diaco debacle. Asking for four wins or more is not a huge task as you seem to make it.
I have no delusions of grandeur, but I don't have the negative attitude you display here daily

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not blindly, just have faith in the coaching staff after the Diaco debacle. Asking for four wins or more is not a huge task as you seem to make it.
I have no delusions of grandeur, but I don't have the negative attitude you display here daily

You should go back to 2nd grade and learn how to read because what you are saying here is not even close to what I have posted.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
No one has ever gone broke fading the Boneyard.

This exercise every year everyone says no way they don't go over and then 5 of the last 6 they haven't...
but... but... I got nothing.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Usually I get what you're saying when it comes to Vegas money vs board perception, but exactly how accurate can a Vegas line be in a year where we have an entirely new coaching staff and a new QB? We won't win less than three games, and given the number of variables involved we could win more and I wouldn't be terribly surprised. I'm not expecting to go bowling at all, but it's not like a four win season is that ridiculous of an idea. There's precedent from UCF that an abysmal team can quickly turn into a 6 win team in this conference if infused with competent quarterback play
It's an argument, good or bad, if you're trying to talk yourself into the over. I think people need to count to ten and preface all comments with either "I'm a fan and I think..." or "I'm a gambler and I think...". This board kind of proves that fans are gamblers and gamblers are fans..

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Don't think Disco was messing around with Maine. UConn was simply very poorly coached. Disco woulda given his left uno what to have won 55-0.
We did dominate that game physically and were comfortable until two late big plays made it close. If we didn't have an ultra-conservative, lets win 10-7 philosophy, those late plays would not have mattered.

Reaction Score
Watch the first drive of the game. You will like what you see.

Loved that first drive. He really gets the ball out quickly and can throw on the run. That first pass into the end zone was a bad call. Foot clearly in when he gained control of the ball.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm a big sports betting guy. I saw UConn's regular season win over/under is 3.5 this year with a payout at +140, which for those unfamiliar generally means that Vegas money does not believe UConn gets 4 wins. Buuut that also opens the door to a favorite payout for me. I am curious what the BY thinks for football wins this year. I see home games against Holy Cross, Boston College and ECU - all very winnable. And a bunch of secondary games that we could win. You guys know the schedule and the team better than I do - I generally stick to the basketball board. I am curious on everyone's thoughts. I am not asking if we have a great season, make a bowl, debate Edsall etc... just simply can a good argument be made that we win 4 games.

Not trying to stir up any negative comments here I am just trying to do some research on the bet. If this has already been discussed I apologize and just ask to be pointed in the right direction.

Would love some good insight from you guys! Thanks in advance!

If I can figure out how to do it, I'd do it. I have a sports book dot ag account to play hypothetical hold 'em (real gambling is against the rules). I just checked and the option on UConn wins isn't available. Is this because they've already played a game?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
If I can figure out how to do it, I'd do it. I have a sports book dot ag account to play hypothetical hold 'em (real gambling is against the rules). I just checked and the option on UConn wins isn't available. Is this because they've already played a game?
Yeah you have to get season prop bets in before their first game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom