UConn Football o/u 3.5 wins for the Season. Thoughts? | The Boneyard

UConn Football o/u 3.5 wins for the Season. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I'm a big sports betting guy. I saw UConn's regular season win over/under is 3.5 this year with a payout at +140, which for those unfamiliar generally means that Vegas money does not believe UConn gets 4 wins. Buuut that also opens the door to a favorite payout for me. I am curious what the BY thinks for football wins this year. I see home games against Holy Cross, Boston College and ECU - all very winnable. And a bunch of secondary games that we could win. You guys know the schedule and the team better than I do - I generally stick to the basketball board. I am curious on everyone's thoughts. I am not asking if we have a great season, make a bowl, debate Edsall etc... just simply can a good argument be made that we win 4 games.

Not trying to stir up any negative comments here I am just trying to do some research on the bet. If this has already been discussed I apologize and just ask to be pointed in the right direction.

Would love some good insight from you guys! Thanks in advance!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yeah, if you are thinking the under, stay home.

Reaction Score
We had 3 wins last year and lost to Navy because of Fiasco. We had close games against cuse and Virginia, anybody other than coach bob and we pull off a win in one of those games. I think we are looking at 5 wins minimum this year, with a chance to go bowling.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't bet and wouldn't even know where to if I could, but while I'm not expecting a miracle, I think given that we just have to beat Holy Cross - that getting 3 FBS wins is definitely doable.

Reaction Score
No one has ever gone broke fading the Boneyard.

This exercise every year everyone says no way they don't go over and then 5 of the last 6 they haven't...

If you want to compare RE 2.0 to the stupid twins and Dicko, be my guest.

Last year's team was really a 5 win team but, well, you know.

One less win with a highly competent coach staff should not be a problem.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

And the people who back their opinions with real money totally disagree with y'all.

You guys are completely ignoring the issues on defense. It's single ply office bathroom thin.

Reaction Score
And the people who back their opinions with real money totally disagree with y'all.

You guys are completely ignoring the issues on defense. It's single ply office bathroom thin.

Then I guess we'll be competitive in a lot of high scoring games. And even if we lose them, this season will be a helluva lot more entertaining. Don't ignore that issue.

Reaction Score

That's what I was trying to say but I failed miserably.

Reaction Score
I'm a big sports betting guy. I saw UConn's regular season win over/under is 3.5 this year with a payout at +140, which for those unfamiliar generally means that Vegas money does not believe UConn gets 4 wins. Buuut that also opens the door to a favorite payout for me. I am curious what the BY thinks for football wins this year. I see home games against Holy Cross, Boston College and ECU - all very winnable. And a bunch of secondary games that we could win. You guys know the schedule and the team better than I do - I generally stick to the basketball board. I am curious on everyone's thoughts. I am not asking if we have a great season, make a bowl, debate Edsall etc... just simply can a good argument be made that we win 4 games.

Not trying to stir up any negative comments here I am just trying to do some research on the bet. If this has already been discussed I apologize and just ask to be pointed in the right direction.

Would love some good insight from you guys! Thanks in advance!

Where is the best place to make such a wager?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just trying to counterbalance all the negativity spewing from your posts.

Yeah such negativity.

The market of people who invest real time and money are betting against UConn winning 4 games.

So we get a dozen people in a row saying that's crazy they will win 5 games minimum.

The same threads happen every year and it's the same posts - they will go over easy blah hlah blah. Then that doesn't happen and we rinse and repeat.

You and the other posters don't know more than the market. If over 3.5 is +140 - guess what there is a real reason no matter what you think.

Reaction Score
I would take the over. The line is set to equalize money. The perception of the market is we suck. I think we have 6-6 talent here. Therefore I would jump on this bet particularly at plus 140. As someone who has done well wagering sometimes you see certain lines that appeal for whatever reason. This feels like one of those to me.

Reaction Score
I don't bet, but I watch a lot of UCONN football. I'm optimistic that Edsall and crew can fix this rail road after the mismanagement by the stupid twins and Crazy Bob.

But anyone who looks at that schedule and is assured of five wins is seeing something a lot differently than I am. We have totally new schemes on both sides of the ball. An untested QB at this level. Two starting LBs who probably won't start the season and a young secondary.

Granted, the offense would almost have to be better than last season simply because it's almost impossible to be worse. But, the defense could easily regress.

I'm optimistic about what the future holds, but I have no illusions about what this season could be. Edsall may need 2-3 seasons to fix this mess.

Reaction Score
Looking at the schedule, I counted 4 wins. Going to be close on this bet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom